• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure how I feel. I mean there is D&D who will offer a spectacle but after Game of Thrones with no direction, not looking forward to anything they do. Honestly never been a fan of Rian films, haven't seen his latest but if he writes a good trilogy story, it probably couldn't be worse than whatever D&D come up with.

I think Lucasarts are just getting their ducks in a row and aren't rushing into anything at the moment, everything they've done has been rushed and while competent, it's been bad for the films every time. They need to correct that.

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't a fan of TLJ. So hopefully Rian is out. Although, I wouldn't mind it if stays either, the man is usually fantastic.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
LF needs to get their shit together. I'm not much of a TLJ fan but I'll take a Rian Johnson misfire over anything D&D cooks up.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
I have no feelings either way until things are confirmed. My heart was already broken. There is nothing to celebrate here.

Future Gazer

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's painfully obvious it's not happening. Feige coming onboard was the final nail in the coffin for Rian, and thank god for that.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Lucasfilm is dialing back their investment in TOO MUCH STAR WARS after Iger's comments from earlier in the year about oversaturating the market with Star Wars content.

I don't think it has anything to do with TLJ, just that...there's too much Star Wars and Disney is starting to realize that maybe they've committed to too many things at once.

I could definitely see this being the case if true. Disney/Iger has been pretty lamentable with how quick they pushed Star Wars content since the acquisition. I wouldn't be surprised if the bulk of Star Wars media going forward is going to be Disney+ stuff, especially if The Mandalorian and other SW shows are a success.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Come on. 99 per cent of it is done tongue-in-cheek and is heavily meme based, the writers themselves admit it.. But Man-child Rian couldn't handle a 3 minute video criticising Looper.
It ruins discussion about film and film critique, and helped popularise the notion that incessantly pointing out nitpicks is the end-all be-all for film criticism (not to mention that things they 'ding' as 'sins' are often things that are explained by the film itself later on or in scenes that were omitted by CS).

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of you guys take your space wizard films way too seriously. Like, I've been a life-long fan of the series, but: it's Star Wars, not The Human Condition.
Nope. There's nothing serious here and I'm seeing that our fan lvl looks same. But I'm writing about a horrible director and his firing.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Who cares. He obviously took offense a 3 minute parody video. That's what my sole point was.
"Parody" doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence.

The cinemasins dudes only started calling their stuff parody after they repeatedly got called out for their shitty videos being poorly and hastily made.

Rickelodeon

Oct 25, 2017
Oh i love rian btw and all of his works so far, Tlj was cool, so i want these movies to happen more than any planned SW project. i hope its 6 hours of two jedi trying to kill a space-fly

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who cares. He obviously took offense a 3 minute parody video. That's what my sole point was.

You disparagingly described it as a meltdown.

You're also implying that if you'd dumped years of your life into something that was critically adored and someone put together a video nitpicking the hell out of it it's somehow unreasonable to be annoyed.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I have no feelings either way until things are confirmed. My heart was already broken. There is nothing to celebrate here.
200.gif

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
They need to abandon all their plans after episode 9. Let it rest with the movies for a long while. Definitely get rid of D&D

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Who cares? He obviously took offense at a 3 minute parody video. That's what my sole point was. So he's just as fragile as Star Wars Fans who didn't like the Last Jedi.
Coming from the director who had a meltdown on Twitter after the Looper CinemaSins video.
Expressing mild dissatisfaction with something =/= a meltdown. And he's not sending death threats to people who disliked his film and harassing their friends and family off social media, so he's already leagues better than a lot of the SW 'fans' he interacts with daily.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Meh. I can take it or leave it.

I loved Looper and was really looking forward to Last Jedi, but the film didn't click with me at all. It just felt flat and boring.

Personally, it's the second worst Disney Star Wars film after Solo. Just for reference, I'd consider Rogue One the best output so far from Disney.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
All threads about future Star Wars literally end up the same. I swear some of the answers from haters here look like they were copy pasted.

Hope his movies are still on. His Knives Out movie is going to help Disney remember he is indeed a fantastic director, and it's looking to be a big hit.

But, honestly, it was strange to announce a trilogy so far in advanced. And even worse that we might end up with the D&D movies and not his.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for him directing more Star Wars movies. Also, this thread sure is going as expected.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't care for Last Jedi and even I'm cool with him making more Star Wars movies. Just let him play around in the universe with a set of brand new characters unrelated to the Skywalker saga.

I would still rather someone else take a stab at a new trilogy, though. Maybe someone like Denis Villeneuve.