• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GaussTek

Oct 30, 2017
I thought it deserved its own thread. Coming to Switch as part of Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 3 (Summer 2022)

Also coming to Steam individually (Date updated to Summer 2022 too!, ports handled by Engine Software BV):

I'm personally looking forward to Rhapsody, it's a very unique game and the musical numbers with vocals are pretty awesome!! Played on DS and always wanted to check out the original PS1 version (which this port seems to be based off, I think?) <3

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So so happy about this, when they announced the collections all I wanted was Makai Kingdom and La Pucelle, we're getting Makai Kingdom soon and La Pucelle less than 3 months later, thank you Nippon Ichi !

By the way, the Switch version is Summer like shown in the trailer, Fall is for PC.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Great to see Rhapsody get a release on a modern system, have very fond memories of playing that 13 years ago while in hospital. Very charming game.

OP
OP
GaussTek

GaussTek

Oct 30, 2017
So so happy about this, when they announced the collections all I wanted was Makai Kingdom and La Pucelle, we're getting Makai Kingdom soon and La Pucelle less than 3 months later, thank you Nippon Ichi !

By the way, the Switch version is Summer like shown in the trailer, Fall is for PC.

Ahhh yes, got confused lol. Will edit main post! Thanks!

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Glad these are getting new life on modern systems. I loved that period where we would constantly get a new weird NIS game that would take a chance on their gameplay systems and not just endless Disgaea sequels.

Granted both of these are pre-Disgaea, but still.

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022
Does Mastiff still have rights to the PS2 version of La Pucelle? Always was odd to me how long they held on to those rights. Rhapsody getting re-released is great though, seeing as the western release of the DS version was incredibly borked.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Rhapsody and La Pucelle...
starwars-obi-wan.gif

Antoo

May 1, 2019
always wanted to play rhapsody cause the idea of a jrpg that is a musical sounds amazing

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
How were the Switch versions of volume 1 compared to PC, I was just thinking about buying them. I prefer buying stuff physical but if the PC versions are a lot better I'll just get them there. Portability is not important so don't worry about that. Volume 2 is about to come out as well isn't it?

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022
How were the Switch versions of volume 1 compared to PC, I was just thinking about buying them. I prefer buying stuff physical but if the PC versions are a lot better I'll just get them there. Portability is not important so don't worry about that. Volume 2 is about to come out as well isn't it?
I got softlocks after putting my Switch in sleep mode occasionally. Otherwise, it's fine.

Jake

Oct 28, 2017
Just preordered it. I wonder what's going to happen with the voice acting from La Pucelle. Maybe they will get new voice actors or got the rights to the old ones?

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I fell in love with Rhapsody the first time I played it on DS and I'm glad this is going to be available on more platforms. The idea of a musical married with an RPG was brilliant and I am sad there aren't more being made. I've always wanted the PS1 version but it's a little pricy. I'll gladly pick this up.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022
This implies there was a volume 1 and 2? Did I miss something?

Are they doing physical prints of these?
They are. With spiffy CEs too.

store.nisamerica.com

Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 3: La Pucelle: Ragnarok / Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure Limited Edition (Nintendo Switch™)

Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 3: La Pucelle: Ragnarok / Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure Limited Edition (Nintendo Switch™) includes: Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 3: La Pucelle: Ragnarok / Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure game for Nintendo Switch™ “NIS Classics Vol. 3 Compendium”...

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
OMG YESSSS!!!

I was so disappointed when NISA passed on localizing Ragnarok for the PSP. I can't wait to finally play that on PC. And Rhapsody too!

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Huh

Did they confirm which version of Rhapsody they are using in this collection? The DS game was god awful and completely different from the PS1 version. I remember a ton of content being cut from the DS version as well when it came out back in the day.

gpn

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't too interested in the first two classics sets, but this one is a definite for me and I've already got my order in for the LE. I wonder if we'll get any of the other Japan-only Marl Kingdom games through this classics line. Way back in the day I rented the Japanese sequel to Rhapsody through Gamefly, but had to play it on my computer using an emulator and had to use a Japanese-English dictionary to make out whatever words I could.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Wondering if the La Pucelle PC version includes the extra content from the PSP version

Oct 27, 2017
always wanted to play rhapsody cause the idea of a jrpg that is a musical sounds amazing
I thought La Pucelle was just okay, but Rhapsody was something really unique. If you like quirky JRPGs this one is an easy recommend. If you dig the concept of it, you're going to find something to enjoy that you can't really find elsewhere.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
I remember ending up dropping La Pucelle after a... Big whale boss? And after I learned that the English version had the new game + feature removed.

I played Rhapsody on PS1 as well but never finished it because it felt really really easy.

I hadn't heard that Makai Kingdom was getting a port though! That and La Pucelle I'll probably be buying.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
Years ago, I lived near a mom & pop videogame store that often had rare/import games.

I went there one day to ask if they had Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure, and the owner literally laughed in my face. I was like 14 lol. What a jackass.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Hadn't really seen the first two volumes, but interested in Rhapsody, the volumes are expensive though. Guessing they don't do standard releases?

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I loved La pucelle on ps2. (still have it)
But i only ever saw a trailer for Rhapsody on a ps1 demo disc. I'll be excited to pick it up!
is it pc/switch only, or is there a playstation release also?

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Rhapsody is one of my girlfriend's favorite games but La Pucelle is not one of her favorite games

I'm in a pickle