• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Revive Parasite Eve and do it again from the start. Bring Back Takashi Tokita who was the director and writer of the first game. The subsequent two games didn't have him and it was obvious that his absence led the series astray. Give the man back his original vision and allow him to build from there. Did you know that Tokita had a background in theater and that's why the first game was so steeped in theatrics and sets like the opera scene and the main enemy being a zealous opera singer turned parasitic monster? That's right, give credit back to the man, he also directed Chrono Trigger and Live a Live. He's a legend.

iXG15s7.gif

Bring back Tokita into the writing spot too. He was the writer for PE1. After Parasite Eve 2 (who was made by the writer of Resident Evil 1, lol) and The 3rd Birthday (written by Nojima and Toriyama, with input from Nomura and Tabata), it's obvious he's the only adult in the room who can write women and understand that sex symbol (let's be honest, PE1 aimed at it hard in promotional materials) also means having actual substance that makes them attractive and not just being forced in various states of undress. Just bring the man back. He's still at Square, easy as pie.

The gameplay is already so strong it speaks for itself. You had access to several weapons, you could combine weapons, you could combine effects for weapons. You could have a shotgun that spread and had acid damage, you had spells and you had grotesque animals turned mutants who escaped from Central Park. What more do you want? Parasite Eve is a 15 hours game at most. You don't even need to make it 3 parts like FF7 Remake. It's a short but impactful game. Make it a RPG inspired by the recent progress that Resident Evil Remake 2 made to the formula (as opposed to Parasite Eve 2 literally being a discount clone of Resident Evil). The potential is limitless here. Just make it a dope ass action RPG keeping the spirit intact

rV8XwtP.gif

As for the soundtrack, it's still godlike as all hell. It still has some of the hardest tunes Yoko Shimomura ever put out in her career. Untouchable, unsurpassed.

And it still has the hardest boss theme known to man.

What else could be said? They have the possibility to make a 15 hour survival horror RPG, which is already 10 hours more than the length of a RE game, with tons of customization, an actually engaging plot, great characters and an absolutely sublime soundtrack. I know I'm talking to the void but it's just there, ripe for the taking. I can't even begin to acknowledge that the series will end with the worst game I have ever played in my entire life and the biggest case of character assassination in video game history. Give it one more chance to have a proper burial. The current state of Parasite Eve is too cruel, even for me.

I've said my piece and I'll leave the rest up to our overlords to fulfill my wish.

Vnft75M.gif

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
A UE4/5 based Parasite Eve remake would be amazing.

Not gonna lie, I'm one of the minority who liked PE2 more than PE1.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YES!

But please stop Toriyama and whoever worked on ruining PE from working on it. Get people who actually want to do it justice.

nadbmal

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
I just recently played PE for my first time and i loved it, but i did think it would be a great story for a modern remake, so yeah RE2make the hell out of it.

Kazer

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love remakes of PE1 and 2. Or a new game that completely ignores the garbage that is 3rd bday.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently there isn't a licensing issue as much as they probably didn't want to pay up for The 3rd Birthday. But as far as I know the author never indicated ill will and Square are still selling Parasite Eve online.

Square didn't want to pay up for 3rd Birthday? So not only did they not want to pay up, they fucked the IP and character as a whole on top of that? Good fucking lord...

Also, side thing, I've only played PE2, and I think people crap on it too much. Yes it's basically an RE clone, but I think it's a very good one.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
One of my best gaming memories ever. A part of it was that it was never available here in Germany so you always felt a bit special for discovering and playing it.
I'm afraid the franchise is pretty much dead though - the only way to go would be a reboot/remake.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
More like the first, less than Resident Evil the second, and keep Motomu Toriyama away from this series...

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
The 3rd Birthday was so mind-numbingly awful.

S-E: reach out to Amy Hennig for either a Soul Reaver or Parasite Eve reboot. I'd love to see what she'd come up with for Aya/PE.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
The original is the most tropey rpg in terms of mechanics and I loved that. It did everything right for a classic 90's rpg. Wish they'd bring it back.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
If Square does remake Parasite Eve they are not going to do it the way they should, they are going to shove in some shitty offshoot kingdom hearts battle system and anime up all the characters.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I would welcome a reboot, but Square have their plate filled for the next 15 years i think.
Maybe they are waiting for Capcom to make the first move with Dino Crisis

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I thought PE1 had the better setting & PE2 had the better gameplay. I'd be all for a PE1 remake that played like a modern Resident Evil but with more of an RPG bent.

Ryuun

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
CT
Loved this game, even though I played it for the first time only a few years ago. It still holds up really well, and would love to see more games with this battle system.

A remaster/remake would be great, but I feel like they would change the way the game played and I'd be disappointed.

xoxoclvbs

Aug 1, 2020
I would love a remaster of PE1 personally...

I don't want them to remake it and change things (especially after FFVIIR, which I'm not a fan of), or change the combat to real time or something. I really just want the game I already love, just prettier and playable on a modern system with some QoL (like full voice acting).

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
As much as I would love for this to happen, I don't see any hints of it happening.

It's not like Chrono Trigger which has a dedicated following and subsequent re-releases or like Xenogears which has had cameo appearences and merchandising. Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong but Square remaster/remakes are often hinted at before they get officially unveiled.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They'll just make 4th Birthday so no thanks. Maybe a nice and clean port like what they did with FF8 but that's it.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Do they still have the license for this game? It is based off of a Japanese horror novel .

Apparently they just didn't want to pay to use the name for Third Birthday, but the author said he'd be fine striking a new deal. And unlike rights issues in a lot of other game (everything Activision published with a Marvel license), apparently you can still get a digital copy of PE legitimately.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, both PE1 & PE2 are available on the PSN if you have a PSP, PS3, or Vita so clearly whatever rights issues there may be aren't insurmountable.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Use the FF7 Remake engine

The battle system is almost exactly the same so its free real estate

Last edited:

looprider

Oct 27, 2017
Remake the original FF7R style. It's so good, the setting is so unique for video games... Modern day NYC during Christmas time. It would do really well if marketed properly (Resident Evil-adjacent survival horror/rpg experience). And yes, keep anyone who had anything to do with the Third Birthday far far far away from this. That game was offensive on multiple levels, and would not/should no be welcome in 2020.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
This and Vagrant Story are my most coveted remakes now that FF7R has begun.

I need it!

Edit: This reminded me of how I had both PE and Vagrant Story and so many other games on the PS3 and Sony fucking ignored that. I should still be able to claim and plays these games if I get a ps3/psp/vita right?

Sony sucks for this one.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I played the first one on my PS2 a few months back for the first time. It was a fun game that held up better. I can't wait to try the second one soon.