• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The memes from this were great. Especially after the awful call from Pete Carroll.

https://i./i/pix/2015/02/02/25486E0D00000578-2937129-image-a-3_1422920336230.jpg

Necrocorpse

Nov 17, 2018
London, UK
Kids are the worst. They are like giants in tiny body. I think it's a good idea and of course it will bring the mood down but it's good to think and remember safety on the roads. Friday evening was dark, rainy and slippery. I first got almost overrun by a delivery moped driving fast past from behind a TURNING car (it was taking the whole road, so coming over from behind with a vehicle is illegal) while it was turning on a single side, narrow road, then the same moped makes an u-turn and comes back from the other side. Then on other side (zebra crossing between and roads were split by this concrete thing I don't know in English) a cyclist comes down fast and yells his right to own the roads while there is a green light and I'm sure to cross over. These kind of pricks should be arrested. I've experienced especially cyclists who rage and drive regardless of any laws like it was Tour De France so many times and yet they feel entitled to yell at pedestrians who wait for green light and stay put.

Luckily most people watching superbowl have numbed themselves with alcohol in most cases so I'm sure the ad doesn't affect too much. Only one accident is needed to change your life forever. Take care.

Last edited:

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
never watched this, thought the boy gonna get eaten by the dog at the first 5 sec

Oct 29, 2017
There's always at least one shit commercial that tries to ride the coattails of a social justice cause to sell you something in the most shameless way possible. That, and there's always the WE'RE SO MOROSE AND SERIOUS IT'S TOTALLY ATTENTION GRABBING BECAUSE SUPERBOWL ADS ARE ALWAYS FUNNY AREN'T WE ORIGINAL GUYS??? commercials as well.

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
Is this sort of thing unusual in America? I was a bit taken back at first but then I thought to just how many similar ads we get in the UK (often times much, much worse) and it doesn't seem too bad. This one was shown a ton when I was younger and IIRC it was shown before the watershed (9pm, when 'adult' content is allowed) instead of after (warning: it's a bit much):

Yeah, the UK definitely wins in the "kids dying in advertisements" department.

These are public service commercials though. The one in the OP is using a dead kid to sell their product. That's what really weirds people out.

Manipular

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I mean, it's certainly odd, tonally, and probably in poor taste but I don't think I'd qualify this is the most bizarre I've ever seen. It doesn't leave me wondering, "What were they thinking?!" like some ads have over the years.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Out of every crazy, weird super bowl ad, this is arguably the most baffling. It's understandable to want to send a good message to the most people possible watching, but you don't have an ad like this during the super bowl.

Why? Maybe you should be airing it during the superbowl. The purpose is to raise awareness.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
I definitely saw weirder commercials than that before. A few years ago they were all "sappy inspirational make you want to cry" ads. I felt like shit watching them.

At least that one was a good commercial.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I actually didn't remember that one.

Too early to tell, but I think the Michelob 64 ASMR commercial has the potential to take the crown this year.

Dec 23, 2017
6qqHiFj.gif
Was worth entering the thread for.... thank you! I have two English bullies.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Clearly you're unfamiliar with the safety ads of the UK, Ireland and other countries, because they tend to go for the "scare em straight" route by showing gruesome depictions of kids splattered by cars or generally killed by accidents, rather than just talking about it.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
This is still my favorite Superbowl ad of all time, such a great car commercial:

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Lol I don't see the problem with either the OP ad or the Dodge MLK ad. *shrug*

Yeah, the UK definitely wins in the "kids dying in advertisements" department.

Oh fuck, god damn. That was terrifying jesus.

Reminds me of this Canadian work place safety ad, lemme find it...

Fuck that actually hit me hard seeing it again, ugh. Certainly effective though....

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I don't see the problem with either the OP ad or the Dodge MLK ad. *shrug*

Oh fuck, god damn. That was terrifying jesus.

Reminds me of this Canadian work place safety ad, lemme find it...

Fuck that actually hit me hard seeing it again, ugh. Certainly effective though....

Do you want to lol and shrug it off or learn something.

Here's the same ad with a different speech.

And even without that, it was incredibly disingenuous. Fake deep shit.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's nothing wrong with that ad, but they should have known that it would trigger bad parents

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
MLK ad easily takes the cake for worst, but not bizarre. My mouth was fucking dropped when I saw it live