• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Is Robot Chicken any good these days?

I tried rewatching some old clips and it just seems like its aged pretty badly.

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
Watched the first two episodes last night and I'm enjoying it so far. It's not exactly Robot Chicken: Marvel, the structure is closer to a standard half-hour animated comedy, but the way the characters move and speak is still very recognizable as a Stoopid Buddy production. I'll keep watching it for sure.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
"Hey, look, isn't it funny to see the dude with the big head and little arms and legs doing this normal thing? Hehehehe"

There, you just watched the show. There's nothing else.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Worth it so far for the one joke that had me laughing hard

"oh honey, your foreskin is in hell"

Overall I'm enjoying it, almost done with it.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
This show is much better than it has any right to be. I'm about 6 episodes in at this point and it's a solid sitcom with some really good bits. The first two episodes are kinda nothing, but they do a lot of the heavy lifting introducing the "rules of the world" so to speak. It's cool that there are like four major plotlines running through the series of essentially disconnected premises with:

1. Divorce
2. The Grumble Evil alien thing
3. Luis' Bar Mitzvah
4. Past MODOK

And I have a feeling all of those plotlines are going to come together in one convergence point - which if I'm right - should be hilarious. Anyway, I'd be super down for a season 2.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Well just finished it and man, now I REALLY want a Season 2 and hope it's not one and done just because the old TV execs are gone / under control by Feige.

Also Jordon Blum's X-men cred really shines in this. It's still kinda surreal to be seeing X-men lore integrated into Marvel again.

"Hey, look, isn't it funny to see the dude with the big head and little arms and legs doing this normal thing? Hehehehe"

There, you just watched the show. There's nothing else.

This is such a bullshit take that's a discredit to the show's writing and performances. Might as well say "It's just Marvel Robot Chicken".

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Liked it and seems promising. How come there's only one episode on Disney+ UK?
I'm really curious about this myself. Hulu I think just doesn't care and does whole dumps while Star probably believes weekly drops will be better ratings or something. I remember when New Animaniacs dropped people were saying the Halloween special would've landed around October IF they had done weekly drops.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Watched the first episode on IGN's YouTube page, didn't find it funny, unfortunately. Don't have Hulu in my country and based on the first episode, I don't think it's worth a VPN to watch.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I think the first two episodes are a little off. But as it went on, it definitely got better. So it was probably a case of establishing everything and figuring out what worked and what didn't.

It's not bad, and I'd be fine with a Season 2. I wouldn't put it as one of my favorite shows, but it's enjoyable enough and it does have more heart to it than you'd expect.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Well I sure hope it gets a second season that's for sure. Finished it up today and should've seen the season end coming but when it happened I was like nooo.

Pretty enjoyable though, I dug it even if it didn't always land. I'll always be there for for wacky animated superhero hijinks that don't take themselves seriously though.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I really thought I would be able to binge this show. I liked the first episode, it felt very wholesome. Poor Gary:(

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I really enjoyed this. It's got me to audibly chuckle surprisingly often, and there's a lot of cohesion to what's going on with layered callbacks.

The weakest episode for me is the last one unfortunately. It has a tacked on feeling since everything feels resolved in the penultimate episode, then the last one both spins its wheels and crams in exposition simultaneously.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Hoobastank, the Beatles of the 90s. That makes me feel so old. Especially considering Hoobastank is the last concert I saw.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Cool behind the scenes doc. Man, with how they're pushing it and not just quietly dumping it on the service gives me hope for a S2!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I'm working my way through it, but I find it much better then I originally anticipated. Some real laugh out loud moments.

That damn goat got me multiple times

Oct 29, 2018
Wow, was not expecting that ballsy ending. I'm surprised how funny and great it was! The balancing of sitcom elements and serialized storytelling was also a highlight. Cant wait for season 2!

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Saw one episode and stopped. None of the jokes landed for me.

Harley Quinn, Venture Brothers, Dr. Horrible did supervillain comedy far better.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
I only watch a few eps at a time but I love the show and the childish humor. It's a nice pace and reminds me a bit of Adult Swim.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
Show is so great. Wish the whole Marvel universe was this. Really hope it gets a second season. Love it.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
As much I wanted this to work, it doesn't really hit the marks it should. I love the effort to reference some deep cut marvel stuff.

A lot of the jokes didn't land and they really didn't give any of the humor a chance to breathe. The rapid fire one liners just felt a little grating and MODOK himself just feels too dumb. It gets old to see so much of this show revolve around him getting dunked on.

It's weird, because I can normally enjoy Robot Chicken for the most part.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Some episodes were better than others. Overall, I liked it but thought it was forgettable since I watched it over a week ago but can't remember a whole lot about it.

Most of the humor with Lou didn't work for me but I did like Mel and Jodie. The ending was very cool and opens up a lot of opportunities were they to do a second season. I'm just not sure I'd stick around for it.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying it four episodes in, nothing revelatory by any means, but pleasant enough. I do enjoy it referencing the universe more fully than the MCU has been able to do over the years.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
This show was good. Not great, but not bad either. Usually got a few chuckles out of each episode and I love the stop motion animation style. It's incredibly impressive the way they do it, so just on that level there was a lot to enjoy in watching it. The cast was pretty endearing and a lot of that was on the strength of the voice work.

The ending was pretty wild and sets up a second season really well. Only problem is that I am somewhat doubtful it'll get a second season. Which would make it a really dark note to go out on.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
This show was good. Not great, but not bad either. Usually got a few chuckles out of each episode and I love the stop motion animation style. It's incredibly impressive the way they do it, so just on that level there was a lot to enjoy in watching it. The cast was pretty endearing and a lot of that was on the strength of the voice work.

The ending was pretty wild and sets up a second season really well. Only problem is that I am somewhat doubtful it'll get a second season. Which would make it a really dark note to go out on.
The way it ended with little chance of the show getting renewed is wild and may well be the cruelest joke done for a show in years.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit this is really good. Like the first episode is a bit rocky but it gets good as soon as episode 2

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Very funny to me that this is a Marvel show but the overriding plot basically ends up being
a Flash storyline