• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like, someone who doesn't play a lot of games has to write a review because this is supposed to be the next big thing.
Reminds me of all the art sections writers in magazines and newspapers, when they praised RDR2 for shit that other games
already did (and sometimes even better).

Facepalming material all over the place

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The universe of Gaming is made up of experts and casuals [...] Some play from time to time, others play a lot but always at the same games and then there are the others - the freaks who play long hours, many games and on all platforms.
So the author argues that there are only 2 groups of gamers and then goes on to talk about the 3 diffterent groups.
Counting is also not for everyone.

s1lver

Oct 28, 2017
As a portuguese I can safely say that a game review from Record.pt is like a Joker review from Gordon Ramsay

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
One thing is for sure, the screen grab in the OP was my favourite part of the recent trailer and highlights the incredible art direction.

From everything I've seen so far, I don't think this is the type of game I usually enjoy, but the beauty of it, Kojima-quirks and attention to detail still make it a day one experience as far as I'm concerned.

But the hype from the actors and the couple of previews, combined with Kojima at the helm, means expectations are obviously sky high. Can it meet them? Even exceed them? Not long until the 1st November.

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
Record is a trash newspaper and their gaming side isn't much better, this is definitely not worth having a thread about.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Well of course. Kojima isn't gonna make a bad game now is he? Mgs5 is still the best playing stealth game ever made and that's even with all the trouble he has with konami.
Opinions and all, but with the exception of PT, I don't think Kojima has made a good game since MGS3. :O

I think it's entirely possible Death Stranding is bad, but I think it will be really good. Just not as good as this reviewer indicates...

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Best game, not for everyone.

OK so now everyone who says it isn't the greatest game ever, "but it isn't for you" which could be a valid argument but in this case I won't believe it.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm portuguese and as soon as you said record.pt I rolled my eyes. It's a fuckin sports magazine, this is not thread worthy.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Ah the amazing. Its great but its not for everyone quote.

This game is gonna have the "if you dont like it, you probably dont get it" narrative.

Haha. Pretty much this. If you don't like it, it's probably something do to with your lower IQ and how you cannot comprehend the true genius of Kojima.

I would argue that a game that can only appeal to a small segment of the gaming community can NEVER be deemed as one of the best games ever made.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I was unable to read the text. I saw the picture and even without music I cried like everyone does there. But I do feel like this will be a RDR2 situation. Great reviews, but divisive in the public eye.

nilstrung

Oct 28, 2017
The hell am I reading here?

I think is saying that people who have a more "open mind" concerning videogames, those who like to experiement, play all types of games, etc. will appreciate more DS than those who only play for example COD or BF games. The game is a whole and not only about shooting, survival, management mechanics, graphics. That is what I take from it.

youwei

Jun 3, 2019
Not everyone understand Mr Kojima's games , even one of my friends who is a Metal Gear fan

He says he stills does not know what the hell Death Stranding is about and is not intending to purchase at launch

Sometimes its quite hard to explain to friends , i guess they will need to experience themselves

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Those comments in the OP are pretty self-important, but I don't think it's crazy to suggest that there are games that will primarily appeal to seasoned gamers. MGS5, Kojima's last game, was one of them.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
We have multiple active threads discussing Death Stranding pre-release, this can be discussed there

Status
Not open for further replies.