• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
If at least I knew I'm receiving something even if in check in a few months I would stop thinking about this but that "cannot determine you eligibility" part is really worrying.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Payment status still not available. Great.

I'll ask again since I can't find it. Is there a place where we put our bank info on the IRS site?

Oct 25, 2017
Payment status not available, but I imagine its due to being a freelancer who filed way late (with extension) last year. I'll get it eventually....

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Right I get that. I can't find the place to actually put the info though.
Supposed to come up right after you enter SS# and Address.

Got to it once then it error'd out on me and I haven't been able to get back there since due to lockouts/forgetting which way I formatted my address.

That error people are getting, for me at least, is an address or SS# input error (add dashes to SS#, change Street to St., etc etc) I got that error about 3 times then switched my address up and added dashes to SS# and finally got thru. Thing is...you can only test that like 3x before a 24hour lockout.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Supposed to come up right after you enter SS# and Address.

Got to it once then it error'd out on me and I haven't been able to get back there since due to lockouts/forgetting which way I formatted my address.
Everytime I put my info it just says Payment Status Not Available so I'm kinda stuck for now sadly.
If it makes you feel better there's probably millions of us.
It makes me feel sad for those people too cause I know that there are people out there who desperately need this.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Was looking at my account information online for other reasons last night, and noticed a pending 4/22 for mine. I honestly didn't expect it this quickly.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Hallelujah, I finally got past that payment status not available screen. Supposed to deposit into my bank on the 22nd, so we'll see.

Realmatic1

Oct 27, 2017
Mine still says payment status not available. I'm happy to see it's working for some but I'm getting a bit anxious now.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Status not available, my tax return is nowhere to be found, and I've been denied unemployment

I'm so fucking over this

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
So I think I am in the same limbo state as others where I get the generic message and cannot update anything- my 2018 return owed money and I haven't filed my 2019 yet. My question is, if I file for 2019 would that unlock things, even though I am again going to owe money in 2019? Seems like I would still have the same problem- since my bank info will be used to take money, it won't qualify as direct deposit.

Mine also just changed from direct deposit to... paper check mailed April 24th.

They'd had all my information correctly on the first try.

At this point, I would honestly assume Trump screamed at somebody to send checks instead because of the signature.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the ability to input bank info went away for me (couldnt anyway since their system is broken) and now just says im getting a check sent the 24th.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Status not available, my tax return is nowhere to be found, and I've been denied unemployment

I'm so fucking over this
Many states you must be denied regular unemployment to be eligible for the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance. For NJ, you apply, get denied, file an appeal, then they give it to you. Even a PDF stating exactly that.

I'm pretty certain appeals would be pretty much automated in everyone's favor. Of course it depends on the state.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hallelujah, I finally got past that payment status not available screen. Supposed to deposit into my bank on the 22nd, so we'll see.

Couple of questions, if you don't mind me asking. If it was Payment Status Not Available, I assume that means it never got to a place where you could input your DD info. Had you filed your 2019 taxes? If so, when?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Couple of questions, if you don't mind me asking. If it was Payment Status Not Available, I assume that means it never got to a place where you could input your DD info. Had you filed your 2019 taxes? If so, when?
Yeah, I'd been checking the last couple days and got a Payment Status Not Available screen each time, so there was no option to input DD info. I did file 2019 returns but only like a week or so, so I wonder if filing that recently might have delayed things? But I'd also filed 2018 returns last year so I don't know why that'd be a hang up

Last edited:

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
So I claimed my fiance as a dependent this year because she decided to go full time at grad school, she had a 2018 tax return but this year she filed but had no income. Is she screwed now out of getting a stimulus check? Should I have received more from my stimulus check? Really kinda sucks because I've basically been screwed by trying to claim her as a dependent.

You would have gotten a benefit for claiming her for 2019. It does suck for people who would have gotten a bigger benefit for not claiming their dependents, but unfortunately that's how it works.

If you're getting an error message and you filed your taxes with a service like TurboTax or H&R Block, you're not alone:

Yeah my coworkers and I were talking about this last week (we're in tax).

wait how is that legal? I'm a cpa and they drill into your head that you're not allowed to receive a client's refund and distribute it to them after subtracting your fees.
It's very scummy. Circular 230 does state that you can't take your client's refund. These tax prep companies have skirted the technical requirements by working with banks to set up accounts in the taxpayer's name for the refund to be deposited to.

Honestly, I think I have a post about it on these forums. I'm not a fan, but it's a way for people to get money INSTANTLY I guess.

TurboTax's website now says that if you owed in 2019 (I did), you will get the check by mail.

Their FAQ page for the 2020 stimulus check states, "If you had a balance due this year, the IRS will mail a paper stimulus check to the address on your 2019 return, unless you were sent a refund by direct deposit in 2018, in which case your stimulus payment will be sent to that account."

Tax Law Changes That Impact Your 2023 Taxes: 1099-K, Child Tax Credit & More

Learn what you need to know about how the Inflation Reducation Act and tax law changes impact your 2022 taxes. Get the latest info on the 1099-K form, changes to the Child Tax Credit limits, the updated Clean Vehicle Credit and more.

So, that makes it sound like it's not even worth it to use the Get My Payment site? Ugh what a mess.
I suspected something like this would happen. They really should have split it into two or more databases... one for checking the status of your refund, one for updating bank information, instead of putting everything together.

They also backtracked the whole "if we have your bank information on file, be it direct deposit or direct debit, then we'll deposit your refund."

Overpromised honestly. I didn't know how they were going to pull it off, ESPECIALLY with so many IRS offices closed.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got through lol
Had to use dashes on the SS# and put 62nd St not 62 St or 62 Street

We scheduled your check to be mailed on April 24, 2020 to the address we have on file for you.
We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

Which is very strange because I had definitely gotten to the inputting the account and routing number for my bank account 2 days ago then it error'd out and I got locked out.

If I had to guess, they're purposely fudging the website so people get more vVVvVvvvVvvv checks in the mail. It's obvious as fuck and I wouldn't put it past this admin at all lol

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
Direct Deposit on the 22nd. Sweet.

I moved five months ago, ended up having to use my new current address in case anybody's in a similar boat.

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
we've been getting the infamous "status not available" thing
and my wife just tried this morning and it let h er enter banking info

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Can we like get a OT for this topic? It spams the entire off-topic section with multiple threads for the same topic.