• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I filed my 2018 taxes with Tax Act, but paid for fees up front and didn't have them go into a generic account.

Same, I've used TaxAct for years but I always pay the fees up front and get the money direct deposited into my actual bank account. Hopefully that also isn't jacked up.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I know my SSN, birthday, and address. It's been consistently the same for a long time and I typically enter it correctly on loan applications. I don't understand why it's not working on this site. It's very frustrating.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, er, what do I do? I'm getting that useless "payment status not available" error.

The IRS page smugly mentions how many people successfully used the site and it's absolutely CERTAIN that the site is working properly, so one of the reasons they list must surely be my problem, right? Except the reasons they give are incredibly vague and the error message doesn't tell me if it's a problem with the information I'm entering or something else.

I know I'm entering the same personal information as I submitted on my 2019 taxes (I'm copy/pasting), and I've already received my federal refund through direct deposit so I should be good there.

I tried making an irs.gov account just in case it will help me figure this out, and the stupid account creation page can't verify that my cell phone actually belongs to me (the phone is in my name at the same address). This is very frustrating.

The worst part is how the site doesn't give any indication on how the issue will be resolved. They very specifically advise me NOT to call.

I free-filed through H&R Block so I guess that could have something to do with it. I guess I just need to wait it out?

Oct 25, 2017
According to a notice I just got from TaxAct, which is what I use to file, if you don't file for 2019 you won't be able to update your DD information.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
So, er, what do I do? I'm getting that useless "payment status not available" error.

The IRS page smugly mentions how many people successfully used the site and it's absolutely CERTAIN that the site is working properly, so one of the reasons they list must surely be my problem, right? Except the reasons they give are incredibly vague and the error message doesn't tell me if it's a problem with the information I'm entering or something else.

I know I'm entering the same personal information as I submitted on my 2019 taxes (I'm copy/pasting), and I've already received my federal refund through direct deposit so I should be good there.

I tried making an irs.gov account just in case it will help me figure this out, and the stupid account creation page can't verify that my cell phone actually belongs to me (the phone is in my name at the same address). This is very frustrating.

The worst part is how the site doesn't give any indication on how the issue will be resolved. They very specifically advise me NOT to call.

I free-filed through H&R Block so I guess that could have something to do with it. I guess I just need to wait it out?

Same situation here. I keep getting the payment status message. As you said, the most frustrating thing is how vague and non-helpful it is. I have no idea how to rectify the situation or where to go from here.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Same situation here. I keep getting the payment status message. As you said, the most frustrating thing is how vague and non-helpful it is. I have no idea how to rectify the situation or where to go from here.

Worst case scenario is that we--I'm in the same boat as you two--will have to wait to get a check in the mail if you can't update your DD info on the IRS website. I've been stuck on the "Try again later" screen since Wednesday even though I waited 24 hours before trying again, and all the information I entered was accurate. That check could be a few weeks away to months away.

Oct 25, 2017
This government is only good for taking your fucking money and giving it away to fucking billionaires and corporations.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Self-employed small business owner here. Filed my 2018 and filed 2019 right by deadline this week.

I get the Payment Status Not Available message, as well. No idea why. Tried entering my address in a few different ways, tried my SSN and my business EIN. No idea what to do.

Double bad because I guess my self employed status is causing the IRS or whatever to think I didn't make any money last year, because my TX request for unemployment benefits was denied for that.

Very frustrating. Thank God my wife's check and unemployment went through.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I'm still getting the "Payment Status not Available" message as well.

I filled my 2019 taxes today, so I'll give it a few days to catch up before trying again.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Locked out after 3 attempts again. At this point, I don't even remember what I had put to get to the bank info page. See y'all tomorrow.

I also think I can confirm checking shit resets the 24 hour clock.

Typographenia

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I've been able to get as far as being labeled "eligible for payment."

Website says it will update me once a payment date has been decided, but who knows when that will be.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Also in the Payment Status Not Available group.

I've filed with H&R Block software since I started doing taxes. Never got an advance or anything though, just regular direct deposit. But I also filed late this year, early this month. So that could be a factor.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm 99.99% sure that I'm not eligible but I went to check anyways and it gave me a "status unknown" error. Great stuff.

Fletcher

Oct 25, 2017
Status Unavailable. Turbo Tax. Def qualify. I owed a few hundred last year, though and put it on my credit card. I'm assuming I'm getting mailed a check.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Not a peep from H&R block about the Error 109 issue despite it impacting their customers. Last time I use them.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Still Payment Status Unavailable. I only did my taxes for 2019 on Wednesday. With 2018's taxes, we'd get a reduced amount, but still something. With 2019's, we'd get the full amount. The odd thing is, for the "first round" they would have only had 2018's taxes, and we lived in two states that year. I decided to try the address we lived in at the beginning of the year instead of our current address, and instead of saying it couldn't find our info or the info being incorrect, it said the exact same thing about Payment Status Unavailable. Is that weird? Maybe it isn't. I don't know.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
My mom has been trying for the last couple of days (and it even locked her out for 24 hours yesterday for trying too many times in one day; 4 I think) and it hasn't worked yet.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Worst case scenario for those of us who qualify for the stimulus check but can't get pass that damn "Payment Status Unavailable" or "Check again later" screen is that we will have to wait for a paper check to come to us through the mail. Here are the dates for when paper checks are suppose to start being sent out:

The IRS will start sending paper stimulus checks to taxpayers with the lowest annual adjusted gross income first for taxpayers who filed taxes:
April 24: less than $10,000
May 1: $10,001 - $20,000
May 8: $20,001 and $30,000.
May - September: in order from lowest income to highest income based on 2018 or 2019 tax information.
September 4: any remaining checks, such as to married couples making $198,000 (the maximum joint income that is eligible to receive a stimulus check).
September 11: checks to those who didn't provide contact information to the IRS.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Where are people putting in their bank info?
I really don't want to wait for a check with that assholes name on it.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Update: Mine works now, was fixed last night. Shows a date when it will be deposited and the last 4 digits of the account.

Mine was likely delayed due to when I filed my taxes.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Worst case scenario for those of us who qualify for the stimulus check but can't get pass that damn "Payment Status Unavailable" or "Check again later" screen is that we will have to wait for a paper check to come to us through the mail. Here are the dates for when paper checks are suppose to start being sent out:

So if they do another Stimulus, some people won't get it till 2021?

The Dead are literally getting Stimulus before many of us.

jchap

Oct 27, 2017
Got my tax refund and 2x stimulus direct deposits in the last two days. A nice 10kish bump to the old account.

pewpewtora

Nov 23, 2017
Connecticut
I'm so fucking exhausted. I have yet to receive my money and now apparently because I had turbotax take fees out of my 2019 tax return it means that they put my shit in some temp bank account? Fuck man.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
So where do you put your bank account info on the IRS site? I used TurboTax last year which means that they probably don't have my bank account info.

GottaBelieve

May 11, 2019
I still get "payment status not available" and I filed in 2018 and got a paper check.

Can I do anything besides waiting?

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The site didn't work for me yesterday, but it did for me today. Says that I should be getting a payment this week to my checking account.

I'm a TurboTax user. Filed my taxes through them for 5+ years. Have not had to change banking or address information in the past year.

flamingo

Oct 27, 2017
The site didn't work for me yesterday, but it did for me today. Says that I should be getting a payment this week to my checking account.

I'm a TurboTax user. Filed my taxes through them for 5+ years. Have not had to change banking or address information in the past year.

same here, yay 😁

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I haven't filed 2019, and I had to pay in 2018 so no DD was done. If I am getting a check I have to just wait and see if I get lucky next month? Sites are uselss

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Update: Mine works now, was fixed last night. Shows a date when it will be deposited and the last 4 digits of the account.

Mine was likely delayed due to when I filed my taxes.

I just checked and this works for me now too. Getting mine on the 22nd apparently.

So they appear to be updating the info, I did my taxes for this year in April so that might be why it took longer.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017

what error were you getting yesterday?

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
I just tried again, this time entering my SSN with the dashes and changing up the address format, it went through and showed my correct account will be getting it on the 22nd, good times.

If anyone was trying without dashes in the SSN it may be worth it to try again with them.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday it said it was going to the bank info I provided

today it says they're sending a check to my address on the 24th (seems like i'm not the only one this happened to)

oof

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Update for me - on wed or Thursday I had no info available, hadn't submitted 2018 or 2019 taxes. I submitted 2019 Friday morning, and by 1pm both fed and state were accepted. Cool. I checked the Get My Payment site again today, and still no info for me. Nbd for now, no surprise as it hasn't been a business day technically, and that's when I assume it gets updated. Imma keep at it every other day or so.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
3.5 hours until I can check again and attempt to put in my info lol

I have a method to get thru to the bank info screen now. Going to write down and cross-off every combo of street address and SS# with dashes. Dashes was the only way I was able to get thru once when the page went live, that's all I know. I forgot how I formatted the address so I'm going to guess and check for the rest of the week.

At least it's a plan even if it may take forever. Hopefully I figure it out today.

ZER0COOL

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to change my bank info? Because they used my 2018 taxes instead of my 2019 taxes...

I got a date twice but both times were sent to the wrong bank.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
At this rate i'm gonna assume I'm not getting it until september. Fuck me for being responsible and having my taxes pretty well balanced (slightly owed this year) instead of giving the government a free loan I guess, right?