• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
ROTS has two major problems.

1) It completely ruins the revelation of Luke's parentage in Empire.
2) Whilst the Clonetroopers went after the Jedi, Vader kills kids. Oooooh, you're hard.

It's amazing to think the first time we see Vader truly flex is in Rogue One.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
It's not great, but I'd still take it over the entire new trilogy. Also over R1 and perhaps Solo, even though I surprisingly had fun with that one.

So yea, I think I stand with OP.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I love it.

Rogue One and The Last Jedi are stil better for me.

I have faith in Obi-Wan aka God.

Oct 25, 2017
Ah. The Last Jedi. A movie where nothing happens; made entirely of what should have been a first act. A true waste of time.

I'm not happy to admit it, but OP is right.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
I like the movie a lot, despite its glaring flaws. But I like The Last Jedi far more, so I will have to disagree.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, its a good outline but if you need nostalgia/7 seasons of the Clone Wars to flesh out your characters its a bad movie. But everything's good with enough time.

I look forward to everyone loving the sequel trilogy in 10 years lol.

TLJ still the goat SW film of the 21st century.
sw-star-wars.gif

Yeah, the "good outline" comment is spot on. I watched the Clone Wars show and RotS last year with someone who was watching the latter for the first time, and even with the context of the show (which was good, especially the last four episodes), RotS is poorly executed in so many ways. It's only good as a distant memory or point of reference.

I did better appreciate on rewatch the prequels trying to tell a story about how fascism can take hold, and how the jedi's hubris allowed it to happen, but that's genuinely not explored in those movies, only in supplemental material

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Ah. The Last Jedi. A movie where nothing happens; made entirely of what should have been a first act. A true waste of time.

I'm not happy to admit it, but OP is right.

Saying that nothing happens in TLJ is like saying nothing happens in ESB.

The state of the galaxy might not change but the characters go through a lot of development as the plot unfolds.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Nah, it's Rogue One and not really close. RoTS is a great movie and I agree that it's the best of the mainline (In this century) but it still has many faults.

greenhadoken

Oct 28, 2017
The CG absolutely does NOT hold up lol, every single scene is obvious green screen. The characters look like they're walking on air almost the whole time.

Oct 26, 2017
Terrible script and choreography. The broad strokes of the plot are good but the execution was Lucas levels of botched, just like the other three.

Also, you must really love shot-reverse shot.

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
it's fine to like things. but come on. it feels like a joke everyone wants to be in on and keep it going.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, whenever I think I've seen all in terms of dumb takes about movies on this site there is always some new low.
Lol having my own opinion is a new low? I know I'm in the minority, but after many views, Last Jedi does nothing for me. Does not move the needle in terms of story. The only noteworthy inclusion is the relationship between Ray and Ben.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Lol having my own opinion is a new low? I know I'm in the minority, but after many views, Last Jedi does nothing for me. Does not move the needle in terms of story. The only noteworthy inclusion is the relationship between Ray and Ben.

There is a difference between having an opinion and stating obviously wrong facts. If you said you didn't care about anything happening in that movie, that would have been an opinion which I can respect. When you post a hot trash take instead of a properly expressed opinion, that doesn't need to be respected.

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
The prequels are irredeemable shit, and I'm bored of the revisionism.

They're poorly written, poorly acted dross, shot with all the energy and imagination of a studio sitcom with some PS2 graphics layered on top.

They're souless, cynical, and complete anti-cinema. Some of the Disney films are bad, but they're Citizen Kane compared to these three showers of shit.

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is a difference between having an opinion and stating obviously wrong facts. If you said you didn't care about anything happening in that movie, that would have been an opinion which I can respect. When you post a hot trash take instead of a properly expressed opinion, that doesn't need to be respected.
touch grass please

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I rewatched it a few years ago, and I hold firm on the belief that if ROTS was an old school epic movie that was four hours long with an intermission in the middle dealing with the death of republic and the fall of heroes it could be (with the same bones just expanded, like I want that Padme arc back in) the best film in the entire saga.

As it stands it's the best prequel, 5th best Saga film, and I 'think' I like it more than Solo and Rogue One.

(I do think that the Clone Wars finale version is better, but it also only works having seen ROTS)

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It completely fumbles selling its entire point: the fall of Anakin and the rise of Vadar.

It's okay, but it's not good and certainly nowhere near the best.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's fantastic. Much better then any of the ST. When we marathoned SW, Ep 3 was the most liked along with ESB.