• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr Shasta

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
How is Rogue One best of the millenium if something else is best of century?
It is not possible.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
His turning to the dark side also seems to happen way too quickly. Or at least too quickly for the events that are happening and how everything is presented. We've seen movies of a similar length where they effectively told a story of a slow slide into madness so to speak. This didn't do that at all. It's probably very difficult to effectively do a deep character movie and a political/war movie at the same damn time.
That is probably why Lucas added the "Anakin dreams of Padme's death" bit and Palpatine dangling the Dark Side as the answer to that. Of course Palpatine tells Anakin to his face that he can't save her but maybe, potentially, if we believe enough, they could figure it out one day, together, pinky swear.

And Anakin decides this is good enough and immediately goes and murders some children.

Sith is better than the other prequels largely on the facts that it looks nicer(in general), the story is fairly interesting, and Ewan McGregor(and probably George Lucas) finally gets a handle on the character of Obi-Wan. But outside of those things it has all the same major flaws(bad acting, bad writing, bad direction) as the other prequels.

How anyone can prop up and champion filmmaking that is this dreadful is beyond me. George Lucas can't even get Samuel L. Jackson to say the line: "A Sith Lord?!" without it sounding ridiculous.

Last edited:

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
We're discussing the best, not the worst.

JK we all know episode 9 is complete shit but TLJ is also pretty bad.
Naaaah TLJ is the best, and the direction series should have taken. I credit TLJ critics for the craven garbage we got with ROTS and the overall unimaginative, derivative nature of the franchise in general.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
  1. TLJ
  2. Rogue One
  3. TFA
  4. ROTS
  5. Solo
  6. The Clone Wars
  7. AOTC
  8. TROS

1. TFA
2. TLJ
3. ROTS
4. Rogue One
5. Solo
6. The Clone Wars
7. TROS
8. AOTC

Placing Clone Wars is weird because I never watched the show and it felt like a very mediocre pilot disconnected from context that was shown in theaters for some reason. I honestly got more out of seeing TROS and probably liked the experience of watching it more overall, but Clone Wars ultimately just kinda felt like a waste of time to watch whereas parts of TROS actively pissed me off so it would feel weird to place CW lower.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
I think I may have to agree that Ep III is the strongest of the Star Wars films since the original trilogy. The corniness of Anakin's and Padme's performances and Anakin's escalation into the dark side aside, at least the lightsaber duel with Obi Wan was epic and gave me some real feels/excitement (unlike literally any scene in Ep IX).

I'm surprised people are actually championing the charisma vacuum that was Rogue One. The sequel trilogy ended up being a dumpster fire but at least the main cast was likeable. All Rogue One had going for it was a cool Darth Vader cameo.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
It's TLJ followed by Rogue One for me. Revenge of the Sith has top tier memes though, that I can't deny.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
luke-skywalker-shoulder-brush.gif

Nope.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
The climax to RotS had so much emotional depth to it.

We all knew what was coming, but the execution and OST were so damn ON POINT.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Force Awakens and The Last Jedi are miles better. It is better than the most recent one though.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Arguing about which Star Wars movie is the best and the worst has just gotten incredibly tiresome. They're just movies. And you know what? I like all of them. Yes, even that one. That one, too. Come at me, bros, I'll be over here enjoying things and being happy.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the last jedi is the best one from the last 20 years. Maybe you could make a case for ROTS being so bad it's good.

Bad Advice

Jan 8, 2019
lol at the TLJ cringe lords here

of course RotS is the best movie. It has the Star Wars bombast, it has space fights (not long ass senseless space pursuits), it has the reveal of the century, it's menacing, it has the long awaited turn of the century, everyone finally knows who the Sith Lord is, the Republic finally becomes an Empire, cool af sword fights, Yoda is defeated. uff. the list is endless!

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
That or the Force Awakens.

... Which says a lot about the quality of SW films at this point.
The force awakens only is saved from being the worst SW movie by RoS. At best, it's a mediocre rehash with only 1 good new song. At least TPM and AOTC had a banger soundtrack.

I'd honestly put even Solo above it

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
lol at the TLJ cringe lords here of course RotS is the best movie. It has the Star Wars bombast, it has space fights (not long ass senseless space pursuits), it has the reveal of the century, it's menacing, it has the long awaited turn of the century, everyone finally knows who the Sith Lord is, the Republic finally becomes an Empire, cool af sword fights, Yoda is defeated. uff. the list is endless!

What reveal? RotS says nothing Obi Wan didn't already say in 1977. And anyone who had already seen the OT knows who the sith lord is given, y'know, it's the same actor, and he practically turns to the camera and winks when Yoda and Mace Windu lament who the master is in TPM.

NMFried

Oct 25, 2017
TX
For me, it's Rogue One, followed by TLJ and Solo. And the last seven episodes of The Clone Wars.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, Rogue One, and Solo are all better. At least we can all agree that The Rise of Skywalker is the worst SW film of all time.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, Rogue One, and Solo are all better. At least we can all agree that The Rise of Skywalker is the worst SW film of all time.
I still want to say Attack of the Clones though.
RoS is the massively more damaging and disappointing movie but AotC is like so bad on its own merit.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
lol at the TLJ cringe lords here

of course RotS is the best movie. It has the Star Wars bombast, it has space fights (not long ass senseless space pursuits), it has the reveal of the century, it's menacing, it has the long awaited turn of the century, everyone finally knows who the Sith Lord is, the Republic finally becomes an Empire, cool af sword fights, Yoda is defeated. uff. the list is endless!

You nearly had me.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
That is probably why Lucas added the "Anakin dreams of Padme's death" bit and Palpatine dangling the Dark Side as the answer to that. Of course Palpatine tells Anakin to his face that he can't save her but maybe, potentially, if we believe enough, they could figure it out one day, together, pinky swear.

And Anakin decides this is good enough and immediately goes and murders some children.

Right? Like boy that escalated quickly. And it sure felt like Padme died simply because the plot demanded it.

I like to think there's an alternate universe where the fall of Anakin Skywalker won an Oscar for best picture and actor because it's such an easy slam dunk in the hands of the right screenwriter/director.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Revenge starts off so strong for me on my rewatch this year but then sort of falls off the tracks midway through. And I can't get over the spoon-fed ending that makes it hard to watch next to the OT. If they cut out the naming of the kids, Bail getting one and flying off it would be a good start.

BrokenMill

Oct 29, 2017
The Netherlands
For me, The Siege of Mandalore is easily the best Star Wars movie of this century. Part of it happens parallel to Revenge of the Sith, so I can still sort of agree with the op.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
No. That's nostalgia talking.

I've never given a rat's ass about Star Wars, and I think it's terrible.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
People have it all wrong.

The Siege of Mandalore is the third best Star Wars movie right behind ESB and A New Hope.