• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reuters is reporting that tomorrow, June 16th, Trump is expected to sign an executive order dealing with police reform, Reuters could not get any information with regards what exactly is Trump going to be putting in this executive order for police reform:

www.reuters.com

Trump to sign police reform executive order on Tuesday

U.S. President Donald Trump will sign an executive order on Tuesday that will seek to improve how police officers treat African Americans and others by improving credentialing, training and mental health resources, administration officials said.

JUNE 15, 2020

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday he will sign an executive order on police reform and hold a news conference on Tuesday, after several weeks of nationwide protests sparked by the death of African-American George Floyd while in police custody in Minneapolis.

In comments to reporters, Trump also said the shooting by police of a black man in Atlanta was a terrible situation and very disturbing.

No details on Trump's executive order on police reform have been released. Democrats and Republicans in Congress are working on separate proposals on the issue.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It will be an order to form a committee to look into police reform. That is all his for show orders are

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
Cops wear masks fulltime. If they can't be ID'ed they can't be arrested for brutality, therefore there is none!

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"if we made it ilegal to film cops on the job, we would have very few cases of police brutality if any"

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
This is gonna be a weaksauce bandaid for appearances only that he'll immediately squander any garnered goodwill from by saying something stupid and/or racist mere hours after signing.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I notify the police to reform, they will reform themselves, here is some billions to reform. I take no responsibility.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
I am thinking the worst thing possible (probably more military and money to police) is going to happen.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
In the first place you can't really do much of anything about policing with an executive order. In the second place it's fucking Trump.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
Police will reform to violently shut down things like CHAZ and use their school military vehicles and grenade launchers to put down protests thuggery before it starts. Execute Order 66.

DarkJ

Nov 11, 2017
Hes going to reform them to have absolute immunity. Cant have police misconduct if misconduct is impossible.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
The police dissolved immediately... as all police are, effective immediately, enlisted into the federal military as Trump's LAW & ORDER unit to engage in the newly-declared War on Black Identity Politics.

Shyotl

Oct 25, 2017
His polling must have him truly terrified for him to even think of doing anything like this.

It's going to be hollow, regardless.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think much can be done federally, especially by this administration. It has to start from the ground up which means voting in local elections. Not just in November but when they have them in May and August or whenever for your area. In many places, the entire apparatus of local justice is elected. The sheriff, the judges, the prosecutors. Replacing these people with progressive, reform minded folks is a big step in my mind since they wield a lot of power in their departments.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not holding my breath. It's going to be another flaccid scheme that ultimately amounts to more of his conspirators getting paid and no significant change happening. At most they'll throw us a bone that addresses 2% of the problem. Likely while sneaking in some bones for the cops too.

Looking forward to disappointment tomorrow and seeing the protests continue.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Finally a president to solve the issue once and for all. Please proceed Mr. President.

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine this will be as effective as any of his other EOs...

It'll be announced on twitter, before talked over with anyone on his team; It will not be enforceable at all; Will be forgotten about in one week, when he does/says something that completely contradicts it.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
No shooting...unless it's really really necessary*.
No chokeholds...unless it's really really necessary*.

*really really necessary is defined as when the perpetrator Is black or brown.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Yeah, this will be worded one way, but mean the opposite. This is bullshit. Trump does nothing with integrity. He'll announce the "Safe Police Act", but it will mean that the police are the ones that are safe.