• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
I think, Trump at the very least will announce a 2024 run. If only so he can claim all the legal trouble coming his way is purely politically motivated.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Man if Biden doesn't actually improve America and Covid doesn't settle imho I could see Trump winning in 2024 not going to lie. That said, I don't know if the Republican party would vote for a loser again.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
isn't there a whole thing that he doesn't even want to be president but doesn't want to go to jail

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Oh god. He's going to claim he's POTUS on top of pushing a 2024 run. He'll claim election fraud for the next 4 years and that Biden isn't actually POTUS and they stole it from him.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
isn't there a whole thing that he doesn't even want to be president but doesn't want to go to jail

He didn't even really want to win in 2016. The plan was to leave the country to avoid the media for awhile and then launch his own grifter channel/outlet.

I doubt this truce lasts beyond the Georgia runoff and inauguration.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man if Biden doesn't actually improve America and Covid doesn't settle imho I could see Trump winning in 2024 not going to lie. That said, I don't know if the Republican party would vote for a loser again.
Yeah if he remains relevant to his base by continuing the rallies and appearances on Fox over the next 4 years, I could see him having a chance in 2024 sadly.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
With 4 years to find new candidates, I don't think republicans will nominate Trump again. I don't see Trump winning again. His base isn't enough to win a general election.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Republicans for the next 3 years:

unknown.png

Republicans after trying to keep up with Trumps agenda after he starts to campaign in 2023:

unknown.png

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
This seems mostly like a means to try to avoid prosecution. Any attempt to go after him for legitimate crimes are going to be met with howling resistance that The Left is trying to imprison a political opponent and presidential candidate.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
This seems mostly like a means to try to avoid prosecution. Any attempt to go after him for legitimate crimes are going to be met with howling resistance that The Left is trying to imprison a political opponent and presidential candidate.

I agree. Trump's entire MO for his entire life has been to fail, but at the same time put himself in a position where he's too big to fail so that others have the choice of letting him off the hook or take him down but suffer a lot of collateral damage. That's how he dealt with banks he stiffed. So now he's doing the same thing with the country; maintain as high a public profile as possible so he can claim political revenge if prosecutors move against him and make any legal action against him come at a massive political cost. It helps that the average voter doesn't know the difference between federal crimes and state crimes and which get prosecuted (and pardoned) by whom.

slsk

Oct 27, 2017
His Twitter account will get restricted unless he becomes a 2024 candidate. So he'll definitely run again.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
NY should change their laws so a person who is running must personally deliver the submission to appear on the ballot. Then they can fuckin arrest that piece of shit.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Of course he will try to run in 2024, even if he won this election he would try and run in 2024 regardless of rules/term limits.

Now his run in 2024 will be laser focused on, Dems cheated and stole election will be his platform and of course spamming out all of the issues Biden is going to have to deal with thanks to the shit state Trump left it in.

All of the time he spends running for 2024 he will be grifting in donations from his supporters and using his run as a shield to try and protect him from all the legal cases he will be facing as he will say they are all a hoax launched by Dems to try and stop him running in 2024 and his supporters will eat it up.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Trump lives for his covid-19 super spreader rallies. If more restrictions are imposed and Biden is President, I wonder if local officials will be more willing to actively shut down his covid rallies?

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure he'll also have his tax returns by then

Last edited:

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
He won't have the levers of the federal government in 2024, meaning no USPS mail fuckery and no bullshit from the attorney general. Bring it on, bitch. We're going to crush you and destroy your family's legacy forever.
I'd rather not he brings it on because fuck me there are enough dumb people for him to win again.

Let's make sure he can't run in the first place. Cases at NY should be enough to throw him in jail for the rest of his life, but then again the system never goes hard on white collar criminals.

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
I suspected he'd do this. As soon as he's a private citizen he's going to have to fight a littany of legal battles. But by immediately campaigning for 2024, now he can play the card that all the coming lawsuits are just oppressive tactics from his political opponents meant to suppress his new campaign, and his fans will all parrot that and dismiss his legal troubles as hoaxes

Rhowm

Nov 27, 2017
The central question for any incumbent is, " are you better off than you were 4 yrs ago" For 2020, in the midst of a once in a century pandemic, and once in a generation recession, the answer for a majority was unquestionably no. And I think that is the key reason why trump lost, irrespective of the right ring cultists and media he commands. I have more optimism about how 2024 will look, relatively.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The central question for any incumbent is, " are you better off than you were 4 yrs ago" For 2020, in the midst of a once in a century pandemic, and once in a generation recession, the answer for a majority was unquestionably no. And I think that is the key reason why trump lost, irrespective of the right ring cultists and media he commands. I have more optimism about how 2024 will look, relatively.
This runoff will be a very major key to that.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
He doesn't need Republican friends.

See: 2016.

Trumpism is here to stay
What if he just isn't even in shape to run by 2024? Since Covid, he has not been the same, and already wasn't exactly doing great before that. 2 more years of campaigning and then the actual primaries, and then general? Could he do that?

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He will most definetely announce a 2024 run and tour the US the entire 4 years to keep his grift running.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
How does he escape all the legal trouble headed his way after he leaves the white house?

What about all of his debts?

Are the GOP seriously going to bail him out? Sounds very expensive for such a high risk individual who is fucking old and unhealthy

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
People are dying daily by thousands now and he still only cares about himself.