• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Starting a "new year, new you" training & diet regimen now, when the virus has already hit stateside and is quickly spreading through major cities, is taking the goddamn piss. Come on guys. If your cardio conditioning sucked yesterday you probably aren't going to be ready by mid-April.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
How? I'm sure I touch my face a thousand times a day. I'm also sure that 99% of those times I did it involuntary.
once your hands are clean from going out in crowded spaces to run around and take extra deep breaths and also pick fresh fruits and vegetables, you should be safe in touching your face.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
RIP

seems like a lot of older adults may be in danger. so far we still haven't seen any significant number of deaths (if at all?)in age groups under 50.

based on what we know I am not so much concerned for myself, as I am young and relatively healthy with no medical conditions so I think I would be ok if/when I get the virus, but I fear for the older population and those who have pre-existing conditions.
once your hands are clean from going out in crowded spaces to run around and take extra deep breaths and also pick fresh fruits and vegetables, you should be safe in touching your face.
nobody said that

you are getting way too worked up about a simple piece of advice to keep yourself healthy

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
based on what we know I am not so much concerned for myself, as I am young and relatively healthy with no medical conditions so I think I would be ok if/when I get the virus, but I fear for the older population and those who have pre-existing conditions.
I've had some stomach issues lately but nothing on the respiratory side and I'm in my mid 20's so I'm hoping I'll be okay but I'm still worried for both myself and the older members of my family.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I've had some stomach issues lately but nothing on the respiratory side and I'm in my mid 20's so I'm hoping I'll be okay but I'm still worried for both myself and the older members of my family.
i'm in my mid 20s as well. as far as i could find it's like a less than 1% chance of death in most people under 40 based on the information we currently have (please fact check that, I didn't do extensive research, just from what I've seen in a few articles)

Kifimbo

Oct 28, 2017
Six deaths out of only ~20 confirmed cases? There must two dozens of other cases, otherwise the mortality rate is far too high.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
1% chance of dying is insanely high, much less 2% or more.

We're talking 100 million people dead if the entire population got infected. 40 to 70% of the population getting infected gives us something like 40 to 70 million dead.

And that's just the first cycle. Everybody should've been freaking out like China and scrambling. The US response has been a disgrace and a crime, and I blame Trump's incompetence for them.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just came from the Costco in sodo, it's a fucking madhouse never seen so many people on a Monday at Costco. Empty areas.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Starting a "new year, new you" training & diet regimen now, when the virus has already hit stateside and is quickly spreading through major cities, is taking the goddamn piss. Come on guys. If your cardio conditioning sucked yesterday you probably aren't going to be ready by mid-April.
So just... don't do anything?

Who gives a shit what the catalyst is for healthier living, that advice was something people should be doing whether or not there's a pandemic going on.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Please everyone, eat healthy foods and get regular exercise of 150 minutes per week.
Drink lots of water, avoid juice and sugar.

You can't stop getting infected. It is very likely you will be. So focus on having a good immune system.

EDIT: Since people think I'm fucking around, I highly recommend you read this article. Followed by basic recommended by doctors for good health. It really is a case of when, not if. Accept that now, wash your hands, don't touch your face, and make healthy habits.

www.theatlantic.com

You’re Likely to Get the Coronavirus

Most cases are not life-threatening, which is also what makes the virus a historic challenge to contain.
I totally agree with this. It's going around, it's inevitable it will infect more people. The main thing to do is prepare by living a healthy life style.

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
its called responding to replies. devise better metrics.

I agree with you. General health advice is going to be a bit of a slap in the face for people who can't get healthy. Especially when somebody like a caretaker takes that advice and goes to work spreading the virus. They might be healthy, but the people they're spreading it to aren't.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

We're talking 100 million people dead if the entire population got infected. 40 to 70% of the population getting infected gives us something like 40 to 70 million dead.

And that's just the first cycle. Everybody should've been freaking out like China and scrambling. The US response has been a disgrace and a crime, and I blame Trump's incompetence for them.
China's was horrendous in the beginning. Shooting the messengers, coverups. and so on. They're only scrambling now since it originated there and they got the hit the hardest in terms of deaths. It also hurts its economy the most.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Guys if any of you travel a lot and start to feel sick stay away from your parents. They are the most at risk of dying to the virus.

It's more like 0.2% chance for 5 year old to die and 30% chance for 65+ year old to die.

If you are younger and have other medical problems you also are much more likely at risk than your age group.

Oct 27, 2017
It's odd how slow and meandering U.S. officials are reacting to this outbreak considering they are aged and part of the group most at risk of being killed by this virus. People need to be staying home, travel needs to cease. Only critical jobs should be tended to. People should be administering tests at food markets, roads stops and what not. I guess people will only take heed when they are personally affected by this. Who even knows if permanent damage is caused to those who survive. It's super scary and frustrating.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
It feels safe to assume the actual number of infected is way higher than what is being reported. People just don't go to the doctor in America which is supressing the official numbers.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I had an appointment for this Wednesday to go to the Virginia Mason clinic next to the Evergreen Hospital, but cancelled it. It was just for an annual physical so I figured it'd be better to stay away from that area and let someone else have my appointment time that actually needs it.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think your reasoning works out. Just because you're infected doesn't mean you will die. Many especially younger than 50 are asymptomatic. Its the elderly, immunocompromised, and other vulnerable populations that are most prone to mortality.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
So what's gonna be the Spin this time?
Hilary herself killing those guys to sabotage Trumps re-election?

Darth Karja

Oct 25, 2017
Guys if any of you travel a lot and start to feel sick stay away from your parents. They are the most at risk of dying to the virus.

It's more like 0.2% chance for 5 year old to die and 30% chance for 65+ year old to die.

If you are younger and have other medical problems you also are much more likely at risk than your age group.
Guess I'll start my goodbyes now. I'll be dead soon lol. On two medicines that suppress my immune system and already have a respiratory problem from a few months ago.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
At least I dont live in ...fuck.

I get to go to my daughter's school for a parent/teacher conference tonight too, might need to roll in in a bubble.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
With a 2-week incubation time, it's not even "now", we're effectively looking backwards 2 weeks each time a new case comes to light ):

Yeah this is the part that stick in my brain right now.

I work in a hotel, I have made peace with the idea that I will almost certainly bet getting it, my main worry is my mom and dad who just turned 70.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
All Trump cares about is the stock market and winning the November election.

That's all that matters to him.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017

I mean, it's better late than never.

seriously it feels like a portion of this forum WANTS this to be a resident evil style apocalypse