• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Alabama Republican Roy Moore, whose unsuccessful 2017 campaign for the U.S. Senate was marred by allegations he sexually assaulted or pursued teenage girls while in his 30s, said on Friday that he may again run for the Senate.

In an interview on the Christian program "Focal Point" on American Family Radio, host Bryan Fischer asked Moore about the 2020 race for the Senate in Alabama. "Tell me what you're thinking about throwing your hat back into the ring," Fischer said.

"I'm seriously considering it, I think that it (the 2017 Senate race) was stolen," Moore responded, citing what he described as misinformation campaigns against him.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ations-considers-new-senate-run-idUSKBN1QQ024

Please proceed, Your Honor.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
FUCK_ROY_MOORE_UNLESS_YOURE_OVER_18_1512668649bdd789e82a04e1e0.png

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
He was already really polarizing in Alabama even before the pedo stuff happened. So please do.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Roy Moore's name is toxic to Alabama republicans now, so he's not even going to come close to winning the primary let alone running against doug jones again

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Friendly reminder that Roy Moore was removed (not voted out) from his position as Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court twice - once in 2003 and once in 2016 - all before the accusations of assaulting/pursuing minors came to light. He also appears to be a tax cheat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Moore
The JIC's [2016] complaint charged Moore with violating the Alabama Canon of Judicial Ethics by:[60]
  1. disregarding a federal injunction.
  2. demonstrated unwillingness to follow clear law.
  3. abuse of administrative authority.
  4. substituting his judgment for the judgment of the entire Alabama Supreme Court, including failure to abstain from public comment about a pending proceeding in his own court.
  5. interference with legal process and remedies in the United States District Court and/or Alabama Supreme Court related to proceedings in which Alabama probate judges were involved.
  6. failure to recuse himself from pending proceedings in the Alabama Supreme Court after making public comment and placing his impartiality into question.

On September 30, 2016, Moore was found guilty of all six charges and suspended for the remainder of his term, slated to end in 2019.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
He almost won last time so I can see why he'd want to try again. Alabama just might give it to him if they fuck with minority turnout.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Suppose it has been enough time for your typical Alabamian to forgive or get about being a pedo.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to think he's done for good, but I can't help but feel like the "old news"-ness of all his bullshit will be just enough to allow enough people to turn a blind eye to it that he wins if he runs again.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
He'll run in the primary to clear campaign debt, most likely. Sessions is getting the nomination and seat, though.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
He just barely lost back when the allegations were still fresh. More than enough time has passed for the Republican outrage to cool off and for them to sweep it under the rug.

The only things stopping him are him getting out-primaried or him somehow going straight to jail.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Roy Moore's name is toxic to Alabama republicans now, so he's not even going to come close to winning the primary let alone running against doug jones again
They hate losers, and he wasn't Trump's choice. I assume they put up a generic R in the primary

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, why the hell not...wasn't it a close call last time around anyway? In spite all the child molesting and racism.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
He'll run in the primary to clear campaign debt, most likely. Sessions is getting the nomination and seat, though.
probably. I'm curious though - has Trump's constant bashing of Sessions hurt Ol' Beauregard's standing with the fucking nuts that make up the Alabama Republican primary electorate, or do they still love him?

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Even if he runs I highly doubt he's going to get any support from the state GOP during the primary season. They can run literally anyone else against Doug Jones and get an almost-guaranteed victory.

All that said, how do Alabamians view Doug Jones at this point? Is he popular among independents, at least?

Oct 27, 2017
"His sins are in the past, what's done is done," some supporter will say, "What we really need to focus on is Clinton and Benghazi!"

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt he wins the primary. But his sheer entitlement makes me laugh, he thinks he is owed this seat.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
And the Best worst part is that there is a high chance he would win. He only lost by 1% last time due to those dreaded minorities and the state seems to be doing a damn good job making sure that 'accident' doesn't happen again.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be worried he'd win. Ever since he lost, the whole story has gone pretty quiet here. Last thing I heard was him trying to sue the accuser, but that was months ago.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Don't be a coward, Moore. Skip the gop primary and run third party. Steal a few hundred thousand maga voters. Do it for dougie