• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
You and the others were banned for a very good reason. If you still can't see that then goddamn...

I will not react to personal attacks, as I think it is unwise to do so, especially since the Cenk-topic is only tangential to this issue. If you are a progressive that stands with TYT, it goes without saying that you wont say Sanders endorsing Cenk as a "mistake".Pretty hard to compromise from that position, for either side.

Oct 27, 2017
So here's the deal. if whatever this stupidity was is working on you, the next one will be 'leaked' on whomever wins Iowa. And then, it will be leaked on whomever wins super Tuesday, and then it will be leaked on Halloween. You know their plan. You know it's coming. Why let it work?

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
It's so weird for me to fathom even by the justification here that her parents told her she was Cherokee from a young age. Did they ever actually associate with Cherokee communities at all?

Nope!

There are white people with native ancestry that keep up with traditions and their communities, that isn't as rare as we might think. But this was a republican just taking the label because of heresay in her family, that takes a lot of balls lol

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: inflammatory generalizations
I generally like Bernie but his supporters are a little culty. If he doesn't get the nom, I except they'll spend the next couple years bitching about how it's all Warren's fault.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
This is so exhausting. I like both candidates a lot, and this doesn't change it, regardless what was said at this meeting.
This is where I'm at.

I don't think Bernie's a secret sexist, I don't think Warren is trying to frame him as such to tank his campaign. And that the same time, both are human beings capable of making mistakes. Regardless of what was actually said, I still like them a whole hell of a lot more than the other candidates still in the race. It's still nearly two months until I get to vote in the primary, and I could see myself voting for either of them, depending on how things shake out between now and then, even if I'm still leaning Warren at the moment.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I think Bernie Sanders is a good person. We saw this statement yesterday. I think he should focus on attacking Biden tonight. A man with a history of placating the party that hurt a lot of people and supported the Iraq War. I am voting for Bernie.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
My final conclusion on this is that i'm going to have to go with this just being a smear tactic from the Warren campaign about an intentionally misrepresented statement Sanders said to Warren in their meeting 2 years ago to get some attempted momentum going into the debates and voting. I've tried to hypothetically think about Sanders outright saying to Warren that she outright just cant win, because she's a woman(especially with Warren just sitting there and taking it while going on to make an alliance for a while) and it just doesnt square at all.

Unfortunately, with the "his volunteers are going out there to trash me by highlighting accurately my and other candidates base of support to voters as an electoral strategy", i can absolutely see Warren reluctantly going along with a plan with her team to 'leak' a story like this and then vagely try and equivocate on it so the team itself doesnt have to directly say "he said i/a woman cant be president" instead of "he was highlighting the challenges trump would pose to a female candidate rather than saying a woman or her could not outright win".

When even Washington Post who i would not trust as much as i can throw them is saying they have sources(what is with the anonymous sources) claiming that the latter was the case, its really just a dirty situation.

After all, on the face of it the charge doesnt make sense when he directly supported and saw what Clinton could have done and she was probably one of the worst representations of a female candidate. Imagine an actual good one. Not to mention his statements and record, and if you dont want to take that into account, we know that he wanted Warren to run against Clinton to beat the centrist wing of the party originally before he was even known nationally, which blows up the whole argument.

I dont think this was originally her idea but she hesitantly went along with something her staffers did to try and help her poll numbers for political purposes. Unfortunately, warren has a habit of doing things for political reasons and being really transparent about it..whether it comes to falsely equivocating about M4A and how her kids went to public schools(they went to private schools) to seem more 'down to earth', nothing is more illuminating than taking the identity of a besieged group of people like Native Americans for years and then doing and saying absolutely zero when they needed help with Standing Rock until after the fact when there were plenty of other progressives who proudly called out that injustice. Apologize for claiming Native American ancestry indeed.

Its just a really shitty situation in general, but people will still go to their corners on this one since its "he said she said" bullshit, which only helps Biden and ultimately Trump. The media will do their thing for a few days and that will be that.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I generally like Bernie but his supporters are a little culty. If he doesn't get the nom, I except they'll spend the next couple years bitching about how it's all Warren's fault.

This is great irony as there are still people who actively believe Sanders kept Hillary from being elected to this very day. Or was that the point of the post lol

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
The most amusing part of this is that this controversy is so small in the grand scheme of things that it won't move the needle a bit, yet Bernie supporters come out with smears and attacks on the messengers with the fervor of a totalitarian dictator's information ministry. I don't even want to think how bad they'll get if there's ever a serious controversy.

And obviously I'll support him if he wins, but his fan club is not doing him any favors.

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017
The most amusing part of this is that this controversy is so small in the grand scheme of things that it won't move the needle a bit, yet Bernie supporters come out with smears and attacks on the messengers with the fervor of a totalitarian dictator's information ministry. I don't even want to think how bad they'll get if there's ever a serious controversy.

And obviously I'll support him if he wins, but his fan club is not doing him any favors.
Please spare us the hyperbolic concern trolling. It was a clumsy attempt at a smear that his supporters are rightfully defending.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
At the very least, the timing is obviously calculated. And I'm pretty impressed tbh. "Leaking" it the day before the debate, giving it a day to stew and fully become "a thing." Then confirm it the day of (so it will absolutely 1000% come up), while also using the confirmation as an opportunity to better sell yourself as the "let's not fight" candidate.

This was a very good play.
For who? Its certainly not helping her. It doesn't seem to be hurting Bernie voters. All this does is help Biden.

Oct 27, 2017
I said my piece in the last thread so I won't go on too long here. I do want to note that using rhetoric meant to empower victims of sexual assault to feel safe about coming forward with their stories to imply a politician running for the presidency couldn't possibly be using very select words and tactically releasing information to the press is very disconcerting to me.

There are quite a few users here who are allowed to very casually state that Bernie supporters are a cult of personality, yet they are often fully willing to implicitly and explicitly claim that Warren is above reproach and that she is somehow more than an American politician in current year. I don't know where to land on this situation and expect answers from Sanders tonight, but I did want to point out that he is hardly the only politician with a cult of personality.

CJSeven

Oct 30, 2018
Lots of bending over backwards to defend Sanders while attacking Warren. First it was Bernie and his team outright denying and saying it's all lies by her staffers, and that we need to hear from Warren herself. Then she confirms in her statement, and Bernie's camp changes to "well, it was just crossed wires".

While y'all are out there accusing Warren's camp of knowing what they were doing by releasing this now and demanding she clarify, you also have to acknowledge Sanders' camp knew exactly what they were doing by immediately calling it all lies and getting his fanbase worked up into "slam Warren" mode. Why would he go with the "IT'S ALL LIES!" route instead of immediately stating that he said it in a different context that was unfortunately misconstrued (which is apparently now the truth his team is going with)?

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
For who? Its certainly not helping her. It doesn't seem to be hurting Bernie voters. All this does is help Biden.

Not saying it will successfully hurt Sanders, but from her perspective it's a clever way to ensure your opponent has an uncomfortable couple minutes on stage while reinforcing your new "unity" messaging.

EDIT: Nope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: inflammatory generalizations
Infinitely more believable than anything Warren says.

What makes you think she'd be lying?

I don't get the cult mentality of Sanders supporters. I like all the candidates we have right now, and each has their flaws. Negative stuff will come out every week on all of them until November. Oftentimes there will be a lack of context, or hyperbole included in everything. We need to stop taking the bait and acting like it's the end of the world when someone has something negative to say about our preferred candidate.

Maybe he did say he didn't think a woman would win, maybe he said, or meant, a woman would have trouble beating Trump. Maybe he didn't say it at all. There is literally nothing he may or may not have said that would make him a worse president than Trump. Nor Warren, nor Biden, nor Mayor Pete.

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary

Hm, I cant not reply because I asked for quotes. After reading the article... I understand what you are coming from with this. Renegade Cut did a great video about this regarding "Get Out", if I remember correctly, where individuals think they were not racist but are part of a racist system and therefore perpetuate and enable the racist policies that hurt minorities and often outright kills them. So this is not a good take. Not the disqualifying kind, but not a particularly great one either. Of course there are voters who get swept up in the openly fascist propaganda that the Trump admin keeps touting. See the 'immigrant caravan' hysteria a year ago. But it helps no one to just casually mention it and drop the issue in the rest of the article altogether.

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017
This whole thing makes me sad. Bernie is my #1, and Warren is my #2 and this doesn't change that but I'm still reading it as desperation from the Warren camp which drops her a few points for me. Such is.

sigh..

its going to work again,

isn't it?

Without doubt.

Pretty much, there are blinders related to bernie but bernie fans are in for a big surprise when he loses again.
Pffft. Lol. You think I'd be surprised by Bernie Sanders losing an election in the United States? That's like saying I'll be surprised when our coasts disappear and we start executing refugees in the open.

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not saying it will successfully hurt Sanders, but from her perspective it's a clever way to ensure your opponent has an uncomfortable couple minutes on stage while reinforcing your new "unity" messaging.
If it isn't helping you whats the point of making someone whose a close friend waste time on this when the political climate is getting rid of Trump. I just dont see the strategic value in this for her.