• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping someone can win, but not thinking someone can aren't mutually exclusive are they?

Wasn't there some poll a while ago that showed a large part of American voters thinks women are less electable than men?

I was extremely disappointed in that outcome, because I think Warren would be an excellent President (perhaps slightly second to Sanders). But me wanting Warren to win does not make that sentiment go away. If it indeed exists.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
This whole episode is just weird. Just casually putting out there that "Bernie thinks a woman can't win!" and then trying to pivot back to "we are friends and agree on a lot" is confusing. Bernie has videos from the 80s talking about how women should be in politics and that they have ever right/ability to be president too.

Trump weaponizes everything. All of these candidates have trait that/history he will try to bring the worst out of people. If anything, Biden is the candidate that makes me feel uneasy. It is is going to be basically 2016 all over again, both on the personal attacks and the policy attacks, and Biden's son is going to be the new "Corrupt!" line.

I don't think the country's existing sexism is enough reason to NOT have her be the nominee when other canidates probably have steeper hills to climb.

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Inflammatory comparisons
this shit is so transparent and disgusting. They really fear Bernie, proving once again that Democrats are just less racist republicans.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Which is an awful thing to say, not voting for someone because she's a woman. But if that's how the conversation took place, Warren has wilfully chosen not to provide that very important nuance, thus in turn choosing to portray Bernie as a sexist. Warren is a smart woman, there's no way she didn't anticipated this. That behaviour deserves criticism, especially since they claim to be "friends".

Also she gets bonus points for riling up the crowd that blame Bernie for Hillary losing in 2016 and want him to disappear again now.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
If Bernie ends up winning the nomination the media is going to be a shitshow trying to throw him under the bus and hand the election to Trump.

Sep 28, 2018
Nice, leaving out the rest of his thread.

There isn't a reason to include it. A lot of fence sitters in '16, this tweet cast a big signal for those people to feel comfortable voting Trump. The rest of his thread doesn't exactly promote people voting Clinton, his main point imo is what I posted.

Bernie also went on tour immediately post election with "muh white working class" / I would've won / maybe Trump isn't so bad and we can work with him. For Bernie supporters, he's exercised perfect judgment all his life. For non supporters such as myself, it's the opposite.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure why people keep bringing up 16 when it's obvious the context of "a women President" has drastically changed since... well, after 2016.

Googleplex

Oct 25, 2017
It's not about defending Bernie, it's about how what he allegedly said doesn't make any sense alongside his actions. He told her to run in 2016 and then supposedly was like "actually, just kidding, boys rule girls drool"?

If you put up this idiosyncrasy next to Warren's poll numbers, the looming primaries, and a week of scurrilous other Bernie scandals that were dismissed as bullshit (most recently the Slack strategy leak), people are going to respond negatively because they can see how this is being cynically manufactured.

Dude! Bernie says stupid shit all the time! He's suffers from habitual foot in mouth disease. We've heard stupid insensitive shit come out of his mouth in real time and
His followers have still defended him the same way.

1 We either misinterpreted what he said and we can't believe our lying ears

2. we're dumb ones because based on his history Bernie Sanders is a very nice person.

No one here believes Bernie Sanders is a sexist but I completely believe he may have invertedly said some insensitive sexist thing in private.

I also don't believe Bernie Sanders a racist but I've actually heard him say some fucked up racially insensitive shit in public. Even if he had the best intentions I reserve the right to be offended by it.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
What I don't understand is why Warren would stand behind this now. Why wouldn't she say this right after the meeting first occurred? If she wanted to tank his campaign she should have released this before his campaign even began rather than now. In fact here's what the NYT says about the meeting right after it happened.

The meeting was supposedly to agree that they wouldn't get nasty with each other in a way that might damage progressive causes in the election. That might be why she swallowed it and didn't make a deal out of it. If that's the case, it's not a good look to leak it now, if she was the one behind it. And if her staffers did it on their own, she should say, though I'm sure plenty wouldn't believe it.

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017
Its funny how fast folks have latched onto a Trump attack vs Warren now. By constantly bringing it up whenever Warren is mentioned.
"funny"

"Constantly bringing it up*

The Warren camp is going to have to do a lot better job at defense. Guilting your opponent into not attacking isn't going to work.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
surely the one who was caught red-handed fabricating her heritage is the one telling the truth here

The reality of it is that she was legitimately mistaken about her heritage and after she found out she was wrong did a great deal of work to make up for her appropriation and was legitimately forgiven for it by the community leaders of the group that was most affected by it.

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
It's worth remind everyone, that we do not even know if Warren herself OK'd the leak.
Or even whom actually did it.

Really, hope both teams are already discussing ways to deactivate this. Because, it very obviously benefits neither.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
"funny"

"Constantly bringing it up*

The Warren camp is going to have to do a lot better job at defense. Guilting your opponent into not attacking isn't going to work.

Surely not like how Bernie folks get defensive over every instance of something even potentially wrong? Like all the bad hires? or Foot in mouth disease from past comments?

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017
The reality of it is that she was legitimately mistaken about her heritage and after she found out she was wrong did a great deal of work to make up for her appropriation and was legitimately forgiven for it by the community leaders of the group that was most affected by it.
Your leader can do no wrong, we get it.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I wouldn't use the word "happily" when almost anytime Clinton is brought up people outright brag about how thankful people should be that they "swallowed their pride" and voted for her lol

Not only must leftists vote for the lesser of two right wing shits or else be called out, they have to do it with a smile as well.

I wonder how many Warren/Biden supporters will vote Sanders with a smile when it comes to it. I wonder how many will vote Sanders at all tbqh.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Not everything is bombastic, Christ political discourse really is utter shit. For one I have no idea how anyone thinks that insensitively commenting on the woman penalty is such an outlandishly unbelievable idea for a frank and honest person to doing private, but on the other hand the perception it's such a grave offence that this story is some huge deal. It's very much possible Sanders said something about the difficulty electing a woman, a point that everybody is well aware of and has heard a number of times, but then also that this would be an annoying thing to say to a woman - in particular one that just threw her hat in the ring to run for president.

Like calm the hell down people and quit going to emotional extremes giving the media exactly what they want with a fractured progressive wing for Biden to sweep up. You can and should be able to find flaws in anybody you support without going

Without a doubt, Bernie & Warren are the only two good people in the serious contenders ring. Neither of them are anywhere near the league of trash like Pete & Biden.

This. The entire discourse in this thread has been toxic and the drama overblown.

Yes, it's believable that Sanders brought up the country, media, and president's misogynistic tendencies as a negative toward a woman's electability. Yes, it's believable that that such a comment would rankle Warren, and rightfully so. No, that does not mean Sanders is a misogynist who doesn't think a woman is capable of being president. No, Warren's vague response and further call for unity does not make her a heinous opportunist neo-Republican whatever.

Get a grip, y'all. We would be lucky to have either of them as the primary winner versus Biden or Buttigieg.

Oct 27, 2017
Just hate to say it, but the disinformation campaign (read the Russians) is already working. Remember that all of the Democrats still in the race (including Biden) are decent humans, flawed, not perfect, but decent. This infighting is what the other side and our enemies want. Remember that.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not only must leftists vote for the lesser of two right wing shits or else be called out, they have to do it with a smile as well.

I wonder how many Warren/Biden supporters will vote Sanders with a smile when it comes to it. I wonder how many will vote Sanders at all tbqh.

No, just thought it was funny the word "happy" was used in conjunction with 2016 when people constantly use it as a bragging point is all. That people should be practically kissing boots that folks voted for her, which is the perception that has been created for years.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
So all those lashing out at CNN yesterday are saying what now? I am just glad Biden did not say this. There would be some people who would find it really offensive if it was him.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Dude! Bernie says stupid shit all the time! He's suffers from habitual foot in mouth disease. We've heard stupid insensitive shit come out of his mouth in real time and
His followers have still defended him the same way.

1 We either misinterpreted what he said and we can't believe our lying ears

2. we're dumb ones because based on his history Bernie Sanders is a very nice person.

No one here believes Bernie Sanders is a sexist but I completely believe may have invertedly said some insensitive sexist thing in private.

I also don't believe Bernie Sanders a racist but I've actually heard him say some fucked up racially insensitive shit in public.

The question isn't whether he could have said it or not, anyone can plausibly say anything. The question is if he said something that inexplicably contradicts his own insistence that she run for President.

To me, and this is me giving Warren the benefit of the doubt as we always tend to do despite her own history of stepping on rakes, the only way these two stories can make sense is if he said that women face a greater challenge in becoming President because of sexism in America, which is something no one will dispute.

It will be interesting to see what his response will be tonight since this debate was previously a slam-dunk for Bernie and to a lesser extent Liz as it should overwhelmingly be on Iran and war, and how Biden is just a dumpster fire when it comes to foreign policy. I don't think either candidate will benefit from taking the bait from CNN.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Just hate to say it, but the disinformation campaign (read the Russians) is already working. Remember that all of the Democrats still in the race (including Biden) are decent humans, flawed, not perfect, but decent. This infighting is what the other side and our enemies want. Remember that.
Yep, I feel everyone is getting played by assholes.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ssssh...don't tell people that. It might make her look good.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
Your leader can do no wrong, we get it.

What? Look at my post. It was still appropriation. She did do wrong, and worked to make up for it. That doesn't mean we should mischaracterize the situation. Warren, for how wrong she was, legitimately believed, from a younger age, that this was the truth about herself. The fact she was able to do so without much self analysis is still an example of white privilege, but that's still very different from a deliberate attempt to deceive.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018

This should be stickied to every one of these threads. Some people like to act as if the other DNC candidates who agree with 95% of the positions of their candidate is the same as them being Trump.

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
So all those lashing out at CNN yesterday are saying what now? I am just glad Biden did not say this. There would be some people who would find it really offensive if it was him.
It would take on a different context with Biden, the man known for multiple unwanted gropes and kisses forced upon women and young girls... on camera.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm a big fan of both so I hate that they look to be going at each other while that centrist dickhead Biden reaps the potential rewards of their division.

Bernie and Warren should do everything in their power to squash this before the press makes it the primary talking point for the next several weeks. (Probably too late)

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it though?

Extremely disgusting and creepy how quickly some "leftists" are happy to parrot right wing talking points.

It's also disgusting and creepy how people can willfully ignore decades of behavior and values demonstrated by Sanders after a single political attack on him by Warren, even despite his direct statement to the contrary.

One has a track record of honesty and the other has a history of exaggerating from time to time. Yet so many are willing to believe Warren not because the evidence supports it but simply because it aligns with what they want.

I like Warren a lot, but if this attack was her idea then it's disgusting and terrible.