• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
He's not just the voice of Dante, but Ken too and his company did the mocap work on other titles such as Resi 5 (Reuben did the mocap for Chris). He's worked on a lot of my favourite games, so him being a reprehensible pos hits hard.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell happened with DMCV, did Capcom willingly want to collect like an Evil League of gaming and pick all the worst people all around to be associated to this franchise? They are ticking all the boxes; from the original main theme singer, to the Michael Jackson reference and now these two actors.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
*sigh* Reuben has always seemed like the guy who rips a nasty ass bulletproof coffee fart in a crowded elevator and thinks he did everyone a favor. Like here, he probably thinks we should all be grateful for his Boogie-level discourse... "I just ended gender inequality, why aren't you thanking me?"

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell happened with DMCV, did Capcom willingly want to collect like an Evil League of gaming and pick all the worst people all around to be associated to this franchise? They are ticking all the boxes; from the original main theme singer, to the Michael Jackson reference and now these two actors.
It's all a play to make Nero look good dude

and smh the main theme isn't Dante's theme

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
He's not just the voice of Dante, but Ken too and his company did the mocap work on other titles such as Resi 5 (Reuben did the mocap for Chris). He's worked on a lot of my favourite games, so him being a reprehensible pos hits hard.
Yeah, this is how I'm feeling. Ken is a biggie for me, sucks the guy voicing him has shitty views

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Damn. I like the guy a lot myself.

It's a wrap for Dante if he doesn't voice him anymore imo. DMC5 can't catch a break.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. I like the guy a lot myself.

It's a wrap for Dante if he doesn't voice him anymore imo. DMC5 can't catch a break.
You think they wouldn't recast him if it came down to it?

I like Nero so I wouldn't mind him taking over full time but I'm not sure if they'd just get rid of Dante like that.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
- While he acknowledges that women have had it bad for much of history and men are too powerful, he then says movements like this have given women too much power and are now causing the same damage men do, and that they need to bring it back and achieve a perfect balance.
Cannot roll my eyes enough at this.

- Going back to Me Too and Black Lives Matter, he thinks the solution is that people need to learn to "forgive."
Forgiving people will not get rid of the mental and physical scars from being raped or shot to death by the police.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I heard "QAnon" mentioned before but never bothered checking into what it actually was. How can anyone who is seemingly intelligent think something like that is legit?

Lesthe

Alt-account
Banned
Feb 19, 2019
France
"and ultimately victim blames by saying that women just need to tell him "No."

Wow... holy Tommy Wiseau on Quaaludes... how could... what ?!

What the actual fuck ?!

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I've been a DMC fan for a long time but I never considered myself part of the "fandom" (hell I couldn't tell you what the name of Dante's VA was until super recently). This is all new information to me and super-disappointing :(

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God this hurts so much.

I got the game on digital so I am stuck with it. If I knew this before then I wouldn't have bought it. The game is awesome but such a thing will only make me hate it. I guess I will be playing it in Japanese from now on.

Won't be buying the sequel if these assholes are involved with it.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissing concerns surrounding bigotry
Witch Hunts, witch hunts, witch hunts. That's all it is nowadays.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Do companies need to start silencing their people - no social media, no press, no political opinions as part of their contracts? Hundreds of people work on these games and one piece of shit can ruin it for everyone.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Witch Hunts, witch hunts, witch hunts. That's all it is nowadays.

y62xwM1.gif

philstorm95

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (permanent): excusing rhetoric dismissing equality movements
I agree with everything he said.
People like to bitch about everything these days.
Reuben is a great guy, i met him few times was always very polite and a legit nice guy.

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
Reuben can go fuck himself sideways and then some more. How hard is it not to be a dumbass piece of shit? Christ.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Telling you, it's some monkey paw shit.

Game gets revived 10 years later, everything is amazing about it.

But..
Lol I was waiting for the yeah but, every time they kept showing stuff in it was like "wait you took a deep action game, and made it deeper? And you're making a finished game this time?" And kept waiting for the catch, figured the micros we could ignore and V were the only catch.

And nah, it's capcoms vetting.

Oct 25, 2017
Reuben is a great guy, i met him few times was always very polite and a legit nice guy.
I mean...everything?
vQxVNFv.gif

Lol I was waiting for the yeah but, every time they kept showing stuff in it was like "wait you took a deep action game, and made it deeper? And you're making a finished game this time?" And kept waiting for the catch, figured the micros we could ignore and V were the only catch.

And nah, it's capcoms vetting.
Yeah, shame too. I still want the game to succeed as much as it can.
I'm just disappointed in Reuben's views and Morrison's casting.
They amended Subhuman to the best of their ability, so I won't use that.

But damn this is crazy.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yikes. didnt know about morrisson either. between all of this and the subhuman guy this can't be just a lack of background checks, capcom sounds seriously negligent.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia

You gonna go to /cgg/ once you get banned here and bitch about how cuckERA gets triggered about everything

Or some dumb shit that you will say for some other forum to console your hurt feelings