• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
yes, and yet he's also previously indicated he's vociferously pro-environment and pro-equal pay, which lands him squarely in that odd little libertarian-esque niche on the political charts full of people whose personal ideology is in large part determined by whoever spoke to them last - in this case, a couple of podcast hosts that are also outspoken vic mignogna stans.

I'm not excusing him by any means, just noting the context and nature of his batshit-ness.
Well yea and that's why I said before that if he is that bathsit insane, than he seriously needs a lot of help.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
White celebrities are coddled and excused every time they say something stupid. These people are not your friends. I don't recommend jumping to defend or rationalize them unless they're paying you.

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god, I just took a look at the interview video. Isn't this YellowFlashGuy being interviewed with him? He's known for harassing minority fans of comic books and fearmongering constantly. Jesus fuck.

neonneongod

Feb 21, 2019
Well yea and that's why I said before that if he is that bathsit insane, than he seriously needs a lot of help.

His current position (respected VA with regular capcom gigs) makes that pretty unlikely. Doubt he suffers much blowback over this, and if capcom actually ceases to bring him back it's more likely he completely falls down the right-wing grift rabbit hole like basically every other third-tier media personality that stepped in it in the wrong way has.

Capcom jettisoned the suicide silence guy because he had actual crime allegations against him. They'll probably give a tepid statement about not bringing back morrison's VA for future projects, because he actually wore blackface, made transphobic videos, etc. Langdon's fuckup is of another, less concrete variety and the most you'll see is a halfhearted public apology from him prompted by repeated kicks under the table from capcom usa.

kevinking94

Oct 28, 2017
Do VAs receive royalties per game sale ? or are they just paid a fixed amount.

Idk lol. Buying at a sale to me just implies " the game isn't worth it at full price ". But for stuff like this there needs to be more noise , So capcom gets the message like with the subhuman vocalist.

I see where your coming from, and I agree Capcom needs to get the message. Its hard cus I want the developers to feel happy and hav success, especially since this game seems so well put together, but buying it at full price to me would feel like Im ok with what capcom is doing, which Im not. The best I can come up with would be just getting it for cheap from a 3rd party or something, if theres a better option out there I would be all ears! haha

Also I wait for sales all the time just cus im broke haha unless I know I need to play the game day 1, like for Sekiro and TLOU Part 2

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Def have an issue with how the moderation on this side can be but gj in this thread with the perms, just some shocking comments

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
Do VAs receive royalties per game sale ? or are they just paid a fixed amount.

Idk lol. Buying at a sale to me just implies " the game isn't worth it at full price ". But for stuff like this there needs to be more noise , So capcom gets the message like with the subhuman vocalist.

Sorry to butt in, but I saw you ask--voice actors don't get royalties. Back in 2017, the industry shifted a bit, so voice actors get bonus payments depending on how many sessions it took to record their parts, but that's not tied to the game's profits. I thiiiink the only time actors are owed royalties for games is if their work is used in a separate game (i.e. a sequel, not a HD rerelease).

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
I'm starting to believe the entertainment industry values "eccentricity" so highly that it doesn't really matter how it manifests.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Uhh, what's wrong with Simulation Theory?

I'm definitely a proponent of that theory, I don't base my life on it, but it's a considerable possibility. Just like a lot of the theories for "What is the meaning of life?".

(Don't mean to side-track this thread)

It's not a possibility. There aren't enough electrons in existence to make it possible. The Matrix is just a cool idea, not a valid theory of reality. Granted, it's one of the less overtly crazy and/or offensive things Langdon promotes regularly. But it is not a thing that is taken seriously by physicists.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not a possibility. There aren't enough electrons in existence to make it possible. The Matrix is just a cool idea, not a valid theory of reality. Granted, it's one of the less overtly crazy and/or offensive things Langdon promotes regularly. But it is not a thing that is taken seriously by physicists.
What if they got cosmic iwata doing mad compression hacks

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is the first that I've head of the Qnon thing, and man, that's so... bizarre and antithetical to the other stuff he rails on about.

Like what the fuck dude.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
- The Me Too and Black Lives Matter movements "go too far" and are causing harm.
- While he acknowledges that women have had it bad for much of history and men are too powerful, he then says movements like this have given women too much power and are now causing the same damage men do, and that they need to bring it back and achieve a perfect balance.
- In regards to Mignogna; Acknowledges that Mignogna is quick to give physical contact but doesn't believe he's done anything wrong, and ultimately victim blames by saying that women just need to tell him "No."
- Going back to Me Too and Black Lives Matter, he thinks the solution is that people need to learn to "forgive."
fuck that guy

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Shoulda made DmC 2 instead. I hope you haters are happy
So a sequel to the game with the homophobic presentation slides, or the toxic masculinity vibe of the brothers? N the sniper abortion? N the fat shaming?

You're right it's better when the devs n the work itself is straight repugnant instead of a voice actor on his off hours.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Guy who actively posts about alien conspiracies posts stupid shit. Not surprised.

Lol at the people saying the whole game should be cancelled or DmC2 should have been made. This site sometimes...

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
A8YcKFn.png

wondermagenta

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne
I'll have to preface this by saying I couldn't make it through the interview video, I skipped around and those two guys standing up for Vic Mignogna pissed me off way too much. It's all just so shocking to me! Isn't Reuben an outspoken feminist, am I just remembering that wrong? I'm getting the sense that if you asked him about these issues in a different context, his responses would've been pretty different. At least I want to believe that he's not some crazy bigot and that you can actually have a conversation with him -- though again, I'm such a fan of his work and he always seemed like a cool dude, I should probably put my biases aside and not give him the benefit of the doubt like that. .__.

That conspiracy theory stuff is messed up too. I always thought "HA, Aliens, how quaint!," but actually seeing how much deeper this hole goes is just really, really disappointing. I hope he comes out and apologizes/clarifies because MAN this is breaking my heart lol.

l0rd_farquaad

Banned
Sep 19, 2018
Definitely should of not have gone public with his opinions :()

DMCVI Dante canned

will still play DMCV in english tho

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The head of the Gambino crime family was just murdered by a 24 year old who drew Q on both of his hands to rep QAnon in case anyone wants to know what kind of group goofy ol' Reuben is associating with.

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
Hey now, nobody made the world a better place from "can't."

I mean you're not wrong, but you are dealing with large mega-million dollar corporations, with some of them being from a different country with a completely different culture, and cultural shifting. It's not to say you can do "nothing" just to say that the average consumer can't do much sadly. Guess I'm a tad cynical about it.

Eliot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Supporting bigotry, trolling sensitive discussions. Account in junior phase.
I have no problems with his statement. I'll have to buy another copy of DMC5 to avoid the backstab.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Blows my mind that some people can be so petty about this that they'll do drive by "suck it haters, we should have gotten DmC!" snipes

Like, jesus fucking christ, ERA sometimes...

The head of the Gambino crime family was just murdered by a 24 year old who drew Q on both of his hands to rep QAnon in case anyone wants to know what kind of group goofy ol' Reuben is associating with.

To be fair, I don't think that was a twist anyone saw coming

And it's definitely going to color QAnon now

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, I don't think that was a twist anyone saw coming

And it's definitely going to color QAnon now
It's weird that it's a mob boss, but these people murdering others is nothing new. It goes back from pizzagate up to the mosque shooting this past weekend and now this. It's a terrorist group that shields itself as being memes/jokes. That was just as true when Reuben was sharing his wacky conspiracy theories as it is now.

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom
If you wanted to emulate an N64 world, you couldn't use a computer limited by N64 hardware. Maybe its not physically possible in our universe, but who knows how many electrons there are in the universe that simulates our universe. Or something.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of surprised that there are only bans every other page. Maybe enough of the old burner accounts have been removed that it's hard to keep up?

While this is disappointing, since I have no special attachment to Reuben Langdon I can't say it's shocking. These are pretty common sentiments. They're the sort of harmful ideas that pass themselves off as benign and valuing peace and quiet, when in effect what they are doing is trying to silence downtrodden people without taking the risk of admitting that you just didn't care about them in the first place.

Basically, if sentments like this are to change, society needs to be more aggressive towards them and make people more uncomfortable to express them. Maybe when they can only express these ideas in dark alleys will their spread be weakened.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Also, man, these are some fucking lazy drivebys. "I agree, also Era sucks." This is the burner account version of playing Easy Automatic, come the fuck on.