• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
All of Langdon's beliefs are in direct opposition to Trump's policies.

1) Pro LGBTQ
2) Pro Environment
3) Pro Womens Rights
4) Against the idea of stronger borders and walls
5) Pro Gun Control / Ban
6) Empowering those less fortunate (welfare and other social services)
7) Higher taxes to stabilize communities
8) Reallocating military spending for environmental protection services
and this is just the things top of my head. I don't follow him on twitter or facebook

I think some here are just trying to figure Reuben out just on selected quotes the OP put up (without listenting to the linked interview in it's entirety) versus people who have been following him for the past 10+ years.

I really don't think he's a Trump supporter, at all. You can't support a politician who has 99.9% of policies you are publically against.

Hopefully Reuben will come out with a clarification and an apology. Words matter and he chose the wrong ones.
The Qanon tweet is pretty damning. The things he said in Op aren't out of context. He said them.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You didn't see this?

No I did not.

"All of Langdon's beliefs are in direct opposition to Trump's policies.

1) Pro LGBTQ
2) Pro Environment
3) Pro Womens Rights
5) Pro Gun Control / Ban

I had a friend vote for Trump who believes all of this because Bernie didn't get the nomination.

I think some here are just trying to figure Reuben out just on selected quotes the OP put up (without listenting to the linked interview in it's entirety) versus people who have been following him for the past 10+ years.

I really don't think he's a Trump supporter, at all. You can't support a politician who has 99.9% of policies you are publically against. "

Selective quotes which are racist and misogynistic right? Fuck this guy and fuck you for trying to make him the victim in all of this.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
SO
You didn't see this?

"All of Langdon's beliefs are in direct opposition to Trump's policies.

1) Pro LGBTQ
2) Pro Environment
3) Pro Womens Rights
5) Pro Gun Control / Ban

I really don't think he's a Trump supporter, at all. You can't support a politician who has 99.9% of policies you are publically against. "
So some rando guy on era or things he directly said himself...hmmm...

Voxl

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Soooo, at this point I have to switch the voices to Japanese, huh?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda off topic but I am surprised people even know what QAnon is without visiting actual said forum. Legitimately didn't know what QAnon was until I read this thread since I don't actually frequent 4ch or other degenerate forums.

Personally I never really cared or thought too much about Rueben's personal beliefs. He legitimately believes in aliens and virtual realities so I checked out a long time ago. Then again, maybe some Trump supporters would be gullible to believe in that as well. From what I have followed of Rueben in the past, he didn't at all seem like a MAGA/Trump supporter quite the opposite as he had fairly "hippie" beliefs. But then again I never looked too deeply into this as well.

What he said in that podcast is pretty wack though, no excusing it.

All of Langdon's beliefs are in direct opposition to Trump's policies.

1) Pro LGBTQ
2) Pro Environment
3) Pro Womens Rights
5) Pro Gun Control / Ban
8) Reallocating military spending for environmental protection services
and this is just the things top of my head. I don't follow him on twitter or facebook

I really don't think he's a Trump supporter, at all. You can't support a politician who has 99.9% of policies you are publically against.

Hopefully Reuben will come out with a clarification and an apology. Words matter and he chose the wrong ones.
This was my take as well but adding in a big side of conspiracy theories, aliens and virtual realities. I would definitely like for Rueben to explain himself here without being asked loaded questions on a shady podcast.

Error404

Oct 29, 2017
It's unfortunate, and I don't agree with his opinions, but it doesn't ruin the character of Dante for me. There are plenty of bands and musicians who have great sound but are batshit crazy. This is a lesson in hero worship. Just disconnect the voice actor from the role.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Kinda off topic but I am surprised people even know what QAnon is without visiting actual said forum. Legitimately didn't know what QAnon was until I read this thread since I don't actually frequent 4ch or other degenerate forums.

Personally I never really cared or thought too much about Rueben's personal beliefs. He legitimately believes in aliens and virtual realities so I checked out a long time ago. Then again, maybe some Trump supporters would be gullible to believe in that as well. From what I have followed of Rueben in the past, he didn't at all seem like a MAGA/Trump supporter quite the opposite as he had fairly "hippie" beliefs. But then again I never looked too deeply into this as well.

I actually found out what it is today, because I was sort of surprised by how strongly people automatically reacted to it. Egad.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

I've never heard of qanon until the other week when there was a topic about Minecraft creator notch posting about it. Then I went down the Google rabbit hole and learned a lot. It's definitely a new term that's spreading enough for more people to become aware of it.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's unfortunate, and I don't agree with his opinions, but it doesn't ruin the character of Dante for me. There are plenty of bands and musicians who have great sound but are batshit crazy. This is a lesson in hero worship. Just disconnect the voice actor from the role.

"Separate the art from the artist."
"Games aren't political."

404 more like 500

500ise.jpg

:P

Error404

Oct 29, 2017
"Separate the art from the artist."
"Games aren't political."

404 more like 500

500ise.jpg

:P

What's wrong with separating his quality (in my opinion) voice work for a character I like from his batshit opinions? There's no rule or social construct that says anyone has to do that. If you want to boycott is material, more power to you.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're involved with Twitter discourse you'd definitely know about it, they mob like every tweet that has a Q or one of their imaginary dogwhistles in it, no matter how unrelated. Their subreddit also made news a little while ago for being one of the only big ones to be banned by reddit for hate speach.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Yes.

But Reuben is also pro-conspiracy theory. So anything that is a conspiracy theory he supports. He also believes we are all living in a virtual reality constructed by aliens.

This is not sarcasm. Nor is it anywhere near some of his more out-there theories.
Uhh, what's wrong with Simulation Theory?

I'm definitely a proponent of that theory, I don't base my life on it, but it's a considerable possibility. Just like a lot of the theories for "What is the meaning of life?".

(Don't mean to side-track this thread)

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Shit! Guess I'll wait until the game's on sale then. Was close to buying it, but went in favor of second hand Pokémon games.

I legit enjoyed how the game played when I tried the demo and was expecting another golden goose among Capcom's lineup of recent titles alongside MM11, RE7, REmake 2 and MHW. But sheesh the controversy that surrounded the game from the change in vocalist (due to sexual allegations) for Dante's theme to me recently finding out about the Morrison fiasco.

Gonna have to remember to also switch Ken's voice to Japanese whenever I load up SFV. Just hope Capcom takes this to heart and boots the guy from ever being casted in any of their games again.

If I was to find a replacement, I would lean towards Matt Mercer.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Shit! Guess I'll wait until the game's on sale then. Was close to buying it, but went in favor of second hand Pokémon games.

I legit enjoyed how the game played when I tried the demo and was expecting another golden goose among Capcom's lineup of recent titles alongside MM11, RE7, REmake 2 and MHW. But sheesh the controversy that surrounded the game from the change in vocalist (due to sexual allegations) for Dante's theme to me recently finding out about the Morrison fiasco.

Gonna have to remember to also switch Ken's voice to Japanese whenever I load up SFV. Just hope Capcom takes this to heart and boots the guy from ever being casted in any of their games again.
Rueben is involved in various other Capcom projects too especially involving games with cutscenes like RE6 since he mainly does motion capture work now.

Rueben was also in Avatar (the James Cameron movie) for mocap/stunts. So this is not just a DMC5 thing even though I guess Rueben is most well known for his role as Dante.

Oct 25, 2017
They edited their post after i quoted them. Not my fault. Either way, they clearly followed Langdon over the years and know his viewpoints on lots of things. My whole thing is crucifying people and assuming their political stance / social issue stances is the wrong way to go about things. So many people in this thread don't know shit about Reuben Langdon but assume he's a trump supporter, racist and sexist all because of one thread. It's absurd.

Like the above poster said, his Twitter shows "relatively recent tweets that are pro environment, for gun control, pro equal pay for men n women, pro lgbtq, n shit, him wanting off the trump circus. " So enough with the him being a Trump supporter garbage. (other dude(ette) can still Hold That L )

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
You don't really have to browse 4chan to know about Qanon, it has a wikipedia page and has been reported by the western media over the last year (and is still being reported).

Here are two new videos from MSNBC and Washington Post from a week ago or so.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I just imagined Dante rambling about chemtrails to Nero.

"I tell you kid, Mundus is spraying demonic seeds above our heads, I just know it."

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
This sort of thing is far more serious and damaging to a game then one of the VA snorting cocaine.

kevinking94

Oct 28, 2017
Lmao what a weird post. You either buy it or you don't.

What exactly does waiting for a sale even do ?

Well for one, I know I cant resist a good deal lol From what I've seen, the gameplay and presentation seem so incredibly polished, I can tell the developers really put their all into making an incredible product and I would wanna celebrate that and Im sure they would want that as well. Waiting for a sale means atleast Capcom wont get my full 60 or like others hav said, i can wait and get it from a 3rd party 🤷🏻‍♂️

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
I thought the idea was to not support the VA ?
Given that the person wants to not buy it immediately and wants to get it on a sale. It implies if they get they game they want to "vote with their wallet", and not give capcom the full price sale for having VAs who might be dirtbags.

Hence the "what does getting it on a sale do". It's not a sale at launch, it's not a sale with the game still at full price but a far lower price point, and additionally a third party vendor or used copy means the sale isn't directly going to capcoms bottom line anyway.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This dude was known to be whack for a little while now.

Ugh...

Maybe NGB wins afterall.
I love NGB and consider it my fav action game..... but Itagaki......

As far as the top action games are concerned, I can guarantee you aren't going to find one studio that doesn't have one shitty person(or person with shitty taste) involved in it.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017

This is pretty much where I'm at. The dude said some extremely wack-ass shit out of what seems like some critical ignorance and naïveté (the way he proposed his push back on metoo and BLM was in that kind of "we should make everyone happy!" which is still very, very dangerous because it misdirects from critical issues that need to be addressed). But based what I've seen from him in the past, he's a loony, yes. Is he out there stanning for white supremacy or doing shit like how Boogie does telling people to think about the Neo-Nazis? Nah.

Here's hoping he knows someone that he can trust that'll talk with him in a much more nuanced way about these issues than those hosts ever did

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Rueben is involved in various other Capcom projects too especially involving games with cutscenes like RE6 since he mainly does motion capture work now.

Rueben was also in Avatar (the James Cameron movie) for mocap/stunts. So this is not just a DMC5 thing even though I guess Rueben is most well known for his role as Dante.

Even was a part of God of War 2018 .

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
Well, that's disappointing. I really liked him when I saw him on a voice acting panel; he seemed smart and down-to-earth.

Like. There are reasons to critique cancel culture and such, but saying MeToo and BLM go too far in general, that women are doing too much damage and just need to say no? That's gross, and reduces the issues here to something that they're not.

The entire reason we're seeing movements like this is because saying "no" and reporting assaults, far too often, ends up with harassment at best and outright denial and blacklisting at worst. There are people who fake shit, yes: that needs to be condemned. But at the same time, those cases are few and far between. I'd rather we try and change things as a whole than let the very, very few fake cases make us stop the change we're striving for.

It's especially tough with cases like Vic. So many of his fans want this to go to court, want his victims to provide concrete evidence, without realizing that that's simply impossible: it's too long ago, and cases like this simply don't end up being taken seriously, not with the backlog of rape kits and other evidentiary issues. Victims are rarely given the actual time of day, so it's not as simple as "he's not proven guilty in a court of law". Even if we take Vic himself and the decade+ of allegations against him out of the equation, there's a reason we have MeToo, BLM, and the like: bringing our cases to the police and legal system rarely actually works in favor of the victim.

This may not be on the same level as, say, JonTron or PewDiePie or Boogie promoting white supremacy, but this doesn't mean this isn't an issue. It doesn't mean he's not ignorant (at best) or willfully obtuse (at worst).

neonneongod

Feb 21, 2019
Reuben seems like the kind of well-meaning person that believes any conspiracy theory that gives him the feeling he's unlocked some inner secret working that They Don't Want You To Know About...there are a lot of well-meaning people like that who end up juggling like 10 different crackpot theories at once while coming across as nice, down-to-earth and rather intelligent until you get them to open their mouth about the wrong subject.

Bit different than being a rabid MAGA chud but still harmful in the long run because of his platform and reach.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Given that the person wants to not buy it immediately and wants to get it on a sale. It implies if they get they game they want to "vote with their wallet", and not give capcom the full price sale for having VAs who might be dirtbags.

Hence the "what does getting it on a sale do". It's not a sale at launch, it's not a sale with the game still at full price but a far lower price point, and additionally a third party vendor or used copy means the sale isn't directly going to capcoms bottom line anyway.

Do VAs receive royalties per game sale ? or are they just paid a fixed amount.

Well for one, I know I cant resist a good deal lol From what I've seen, the gameplay and presentation seem so incredibly polished, I can tell the developers really put their all into making an incredible product and I would wanna celebrate that and Im sure they would want that as well. Waiting for a sale means atleast Capcom wont get my full 60 or like others hav said, i can wait and get it from a 3rd party 🤷🏻‍♂️

Idk lol. Buying at a sale to me just implies " the game isn't worth it at full price ". But for stuff like this there needs to be more noise , So capcom gets the message like with the subhuman vocalist.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Do VAs receive royalties per game sale ? or are they just paid a fixed amount.

Idk lol. Buying at a sale to me just implies " the game isn't worth it at full price ". But for stuff like this there needs to be more noise , So capcom gets the message like with the subhuman vocalist.
They get paid a fixed amount, the point of people not supporting a game, is to show a lack of disapproval of the game having a voice actor with trash beliefs.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Reuben seems like the kind of well-meaning person that believes any conspiracy theory that gives him the feeling he's unlocked some inner secret working that They Don't Want You To Know About...there are a lot of well-meaning people like that who end up juggling like 10 different crackpot theories at once while coming across as nice, down-to-earth and rather intelligent until you get them to open their mouth about the wrong subject.

Bit different than being a rabid MAGA chud but still harmful in the long run because of his platform and reach.
Saying BLM and metoo are bad isn't really a conspiracy theory. That's just buying into altright bullshit.

neonneongod

Feb 21, 2019
Saying BLM and metoo are bad isn't really a conspiracy theory. That's just buying into altright bullshit.

yes, and yet he's also previously indicated he's vociferously pro-environment and pro-equal pay, which lands him squarely in that odd little libertarian-esque niche on the political charts full of people whose personal ideology is in large part determined by whoever spoke to them last - in this case, a couple of podcast hosts that are also outspoken vic mignogna stans.

I'm not excusing him by any means, just noting the context and nature of his batshit-ness.