• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
Im not bitching, im just stating that in my OPINION people are overreacting and they are all entitled to their opinion just like Reuben is entitled to his opinion.

People using opinion in all caps is the dumbest shit because technically being nazi beliefs are an opinion but it doesn't stop them from being objectively evil and shit.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
yup, everyone has been really looking for any reason to take down the guy who voices two of the most charming and beloved characters in the industry.

Charles Martinet isn't crazy

Im not bitching, im just stating that in my OPINION people are overreacting and they are all entitled to their opinion just like Reuben is entitled to his opinion.

Nigga your opinion is SHIT if you're gonna buy into conspiracy theorists, go outside goddamn

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Do companies need to start silencing their people - no social media, no press, no political opinions as part of their contracts? Hundreds of people work on these games and one piece of shit can ruin it for everyone.

Honestly,I don't understand why people write something bad on social media that could be find out ? (in many year laters)
Why not keep it secret to themself ?

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fuck Capcom; did you source your cast from fucking 4chan or something?!
Reuben's been around for quite a while. And his views have been a bit wish washy .On some Boogie shit.

Though I can't answer why they didn't just cast a black man to voice Morrison, they chose the worst possible person to voice him. It's baffling.
The RE2 team did well for Marvin.

Somebody on the other thread said it's the universe readjusting itself because the game shouldn't exist. I agree.
Lmao, yeah.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its like finding out your goofyand fun uncle is an insane conspiracy theorist bigot.

TwoPikachus

Nov 15, 2018
Why does it have to be this game? Can't we just petition for a recast instead of killing the series by boycott?

I know the answer, it's just depressing.

HeRo2055

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Junior phase account excusing bigoted rhetoric
Here we go again time for resetera to gather a mob and ruin a persons life for having an opinion that literally doesn't harm anyone.

Oct 27, 2017

You're just sharing your opinion on how women have too much power because they're being more open about sexual misconduct and how Black Lives Matter should just learn to forgive all the murders committed by police? Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
People write dumbass shit like "it's just my opinion" as if it can't be a shitty ass opinion

It's one thing to think about a game like God Hand being ass. Which it is. But to equate the consolation of conspiracy theorists as 'just being your opinion' is fucking laughable

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
I agree with everything he said.
People like to bitch about everything these days.
Reuben is a great guy, i met him few times was always very polite and a legit nice guy.
Everything? I can sort of sympathize with the general annoyance over outrage culture and fast everyone is to some harsh ass judgement.

But me too movement is a pretty serious subject, and acting like it gave women too much power is beyond absurd. It's finally giving them a power and dudes are finally starting to catch some flack for it, and it's kind of sad that we are only at some flack and not all of the flack.

Likewise BLM, like dude you're talking about unarmed black men n women being shot by cops as a first option. Not exactly seeing how that gives black people too much power.

Do I think he genuinely tries to be a positive nice person who is all "all truths are real" and we need to "forgive" and "love" instead? Yeah I lean towards he is probably a crazy ignorant idiot.

But dude is saying some ignorant shit about subject matters that are far heavier than something he should only have a cursory understanding of. And his dismissal of those things is disappointing as hell to, people who are involved or effected by those movements.

Oct 27, 2017
Reuben's been around for quite a while. And his views have been a bit wish washy .On some Boogie shit.

Though I can't answer why they didn't just cast a black man to voice Morrison, they chose the worst possible person to voice him. It's baffling.
The RE2 team did that well for Marvin.
It is crazy how well RE2 was compared to this mess.

Reminds me of Yakuza team and Atlus. One is attempting to do well by the LGBT community and then you have the other doing some offensive shit. Atlus being the ones being shitty.

Oct 25, 2017
Here we go again time for resetera to gather a mob and ruin a persons life for having an opinion that literally doesn't harm anyone.
I promise you, nobody is going to ruin Reuben's life.
Calm the fuck down.

It is crazy how well RE2 was compared to this mess.

Reminds me of Yakuza team and Atlus. One is attempting to do well by the LGBT community and then you have the other doing some offensive shit. Atlus being the ones being shitty.
Absolutely. If DMC6 is on the way I hope they take this into consideration.
They did, after all, remove the vocalist from the original version of Dante's theme in a small amount of time.
I just hope they vet their casting adequately before then.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
just when I was thinking about getting into the DMC series too, though that other guy linked to on the first page seems like way more of a red flag. I could see Reuben's beliefs flying under the radar before release, or Capcom simply fearing replacing him, but could they seriously not do a cursory glance at that YT channel?

I guess I'll just pick up all of the DMC games used sometime, and maybe play them all in Japanese with subs.

(and I didn't want Dante in Smash before but now I really don't want him in Smash)

Oct 29, 2017
Capcom can't hire the right people for DMC5, can't they? A small background check would help as well.

Well in this case, he's been the voice actor and mocap actor of Dante ever since DMC3. Of course Capcom were going to go back to him to reprise his role (especially since this game was specifically designed to appeal to the traditional fanbase that was scared off of the DmC reboot).

Capcom were buggered either way in this case I suppose; since changing Dante prior to this reveal would've resulted in fan outrage anyway. There's probably no way it can feasibly be changed now, but I imagine that they'll consider finding someone else whenever they decide to inevitably work on DMC6 (or any potential DMC spinoff/Featuring-Dante-From-The-Devil-May-Cry-Series guest appearance)

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand

The RE2 team did well for Marvin.
Lmao, yeah.

Morrison could be White Guy like anime but itsuno decide change it after finish record and didn't want hire another actor.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I personally believe in order to achieve actual balance, then pendulum must swing just as hard in the other direction. Then we can achieve balance. Yea, it's a hot take but I have very little faith in humanity to be able to go from -5 to 0. This is why these groups mentioned are needed.

I just wish people would stop dehumanizing bigots like this. It makes the jump toward violence easier. Instead let's educate then if need be, outcast. True change doesn't come from revenge.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I personally believe in order to achieve actual balance, then pendulum must swing just as hard in the other direction. Then we can achieve balance. Yea, it's a hot take but I have very little faith in humanity to be able to go from -5 to 0. This is why these groups mentioned are needed.

I just wish people would stop dehumanizing bigots like this. It makes the jump toward violence easier. Instead let's educate then if need be, outcast. True change doesn't come from revenge.
what year is it

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Bigots dehumanize people first and it leads to them gunning down a mosque...

I'm fucking sick of the onus to be on us to tolerate the intolerant.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
I promise you, nobody is going to ruin Reuben's life.
Calm the fuck down.

Absolutely. If DMC6 is on the way I hope they take this into consideration.
They did, after all, remove the vocalist from the original version of Dante's theme in a small amount of time.
I just hope they vet their casting adequately before then.

Yes that tells me that Capcom does care, and that if they knew they'd deal with it.

But I guess Reuben's too precious even if they knew.