• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
So if he supports the MAGA rioters.. he must have also supported BLM, right? Otherwise he'd be hypocritical..

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Do major JP pubs even care about western performers who have and spew vile views? I ask because domestically, the music composer for DQ turned out to be a homophobe and war crime denier and yet SE still kept him on the payroll.

Also, ND employed RL, for TLoU2 well after it was a known fact that he is a GG sympathizer.

Edit: The only time, I recall a performer being replaced by JP pub, was in Judgment after one of their VAs was arrested for drug possession (iirc).

Last edited:

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Would like to see someone confront him with the videos of a riot cop being almost crushed to death by MAGA 'blue lives matter' folks, seeing as hypocrisy is a hot issue for this guy.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
How long until capcom drops him for Dante? Maybe its already happened and we cant tell cause theres no DMC project announced.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Zeno seems okay but he seems to be good buds with Chris Niosi/Kirbopher (even after Chris finally got exposed for his shit) which gets a big side-eye from me. :/
Fair enough, I was mainly going off of his Hawks performance. Plus they'd need to recast Fei Long if they went with Matthew Mercer (who would otherwise be a great pick).

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Do major JP pubs even care about western performers who have and spew vile views? I ask because domestically, the music composer for DQ turned out to be a homophobe and war crime denier and yet SE still kept him on the payroll.

Also, ND employed RL, for TLoU2 well after it was a known fact that he is a GG sympathizer.

Edit: The only time, I recall a performer being replaced by JP pub, was in Judgment after one of their VAs was arrested for drug possession (iirc).

How long until capcom drops him for Dante? Maybe its already happened and we cant tell cause theres no DMC project announced.

Let's be honest. They very likely dont care.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
not surprised that this fucker is in a naughty dog game (by druckmann). their threatment of black characters (or everyone that is not white) cant be a coincidence after that shit happening 4 games in a row. they dont give a fuck.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

In the case of DQ, SE does not own the franchise but rather Yuji Horii if I'm not mistaken and I believe that Sugiyama has some financial stake in the franchise as well.

Sugiyama will be around until he dies, sadly.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Okay....

so are we supposed to hate DMC now?
No, but Dante himself should be recast (Ken as well, but that's SF) & Just Cause Productions should stop being used until Reuben is ousted.

It's because we love Devil May Cry that we want it to be free of problematic bullshit.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
They're a global company. If they don't care, they absolutely should.

Because it goes directly against their new initiative regarding representation. Also, as mentioned above, Capcom is a global company.

Of Course they should but Clearly they dont.

Unless his tweet become a news on major gaming site and reach to 2Ch or Japan Gaming Forum and Japan Gamer Call Out to Capcom.

In the case of DQ, SE does not own the franchise but rather Yuji Horii if I'm not mistaken and I believe that Sugiyama has some financial stake in the franchise as well.

Sugiyama will be around until he dies, sadly.

Sugiyama own music right.

Aug 12, 2019
Because it goes directly against their new initiative regarding representation. Also, as mentioned above, Capcom is a global company.

They were never going to prioritize their "diversity commitments" over actual monetary related stuff. Lots of big companies put on a big show this year of "investing in diversity" without really doing much and then largely went right back to letting known pieces of shit continue in major roles within the company. If Ubisoft walked away from all the truly despicable stuff happening at the studio earlier this year with minimal actual action by just sort of pretending it didn't exist, I don't think many major gaming companies are ever actually going to be held accountable for stuff, let alone will Capcom see any real value in divesting from a major presence who is just a chud online.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
They were never going to prioritize their "diversity commitments" over actual monetary related stuff. Lots of big companies put on a big show this year of "investing in diversity" without really doing much and then largely went right back to letting known pieces of shit continue in major roles within the company. If Ubisoft walked away from all the truly despicable stuff happening at the studio earlier this year with minimal actual action by just sort of pretending it didn't exist, I don't think many major gaming companies are ever actually going to be held accountable for stuff, let alone will Capcom see any real value in divesting from a major presence who is just a chud online.
Well Capcom's leak showed that TLOU2's success is what is causing them to want to invest in it a lot more. So that is going to take time to really see more of that since it's been only 6 months.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Record his lines with another actor and patch the games, never hire him again.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
But that sexual assualt didn't it?

Why Capcom Japan would care about what going on in America?
Its still controversy. Nobody wants bad press for no reason. If the voice actor isnt dropped its likely because they thought hes too iconic and the controversy wasnt big enough.

Aug 12, 2019
Well Capcom's leak showed that TLOU2's success is what is causing them to want to invest in it a lot more. So that is going to take time to really see more of that since it's been only 6 months.

Corporations are always willing to be hypocrites if it continues their financial interests. They can absolutely promote a LGBT character in one game and keep Langdon in DMC on a completely separate hand, and for the most part, they'd get the praise for the LGBT character with little push-back on Langdon. Gaming populations, even those traditionally more aware of certain situations, tend to have a fairly short attention span and little memory. It's easy to get away with a lot by doing very little. So I'll be surprised if Langdon ever actually faces consequences. Don't ever trust corporations to do the right thing.

Also, TLOU2 has like barely a leg to stand on considering its own issues with Black representation and questionable handling of its primary trans character.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington

I think JP pubs and devs do care, but the problem is that the DQ composer isn't just on payroll for SE; he has ownership of the DQ IP and all of its music, and SE can't do anything with DQ without his involvement/cooperation. Langdon is also a piece of shit and should be excised because he doesn't have literal ownership over the IPs he's part of, but he does run one of the most prolific mocap studios in Japan, which a ton of Japanese studios use.

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Btw, what's the best rebuttal to those trying to equate BLM unrest to what Trump supporters did a few days ago? I'm terrible at making points about this sort of thing.

BLM, even when it got out of hand, was trying to draw attention to an issue and start a legislative process.

The coup attempt happened after a democratic process had ended and was final, and one side refused to recognize the results.

Aside from the substantive differences, the events happened in such an order that one group was demonstrably about democracy, and the other was trying to destroy it.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Nah, DMC5 doing as well as it did is proof that Capcom was right to return to the mainline games. The ideal solution is to focus exclusively on Nero until Dante is recast. Though hopefully Dante is recast ASAP to where it doesn't come to that if Itsuno doesn't want to.

Recast Ken as well, obviously.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, DMC5 doing as well as it did is proof that Capcom was right to return to the mainline games. The ideal solution is to focus exclusively on Nero until Dante is recast. Though hopefully Dante is recast ASAP to where it doesn't come to that if Itsuno doesn't want to.

Recast Ken as well, obviously.
Better idea: kill off Ken. The world rejoices.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The best thing you can do to reach out to these companies is to send all these reports to press journalists who are willing to cover these things and have the means to get in touch with the companies. I do recommend that many people send e-mails/tweets. Even if you organize a specific message here and then send it out to them.