• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
IMG_7854.jpg
IMG_7853.jpg
IMG_7855.jpg

As if the bullshit in the OP wasn't enough…

image0.png
image1.png
Welp, there's more...

image0-1.jpg

So yeah, we definitely dodged a bullet with the Dante Mii costume in Smash as opposed to a full character. Capcom, Naughty Dog, & whoever else still working with Reuben, you need to drop this man or he'll continue to use the platform you give him to push harmful bullshit like this.

Source: Reuben Langdon (Twitter)

Last edited:

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure it will be everyone else's fault when Mr Langdon is in the ICU.

SunshinePuppies

One Winged Slayer
Nov 14, 2020
i don't know whether to feel bad for these people and try to rehabilitate them or to excommunicate these fucks

Divorced Dad

Banned
Feb 16, 2021
Sure, the guys an asshole but why do we care what some random voice actor/mo-cap actor thinks or says on the internet? This guy isn't critical in any shape or fashion to any game and is easily replaceable.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking idiot. Sucks how present this jackass is in games due to his motion capture studio.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Sure, the guys an asshole but why do we care what some random voice actor/mo-cap actor thinks or says on the internet? This guy isn't critical in any shape or fashion to any game and is easily replaceable.
He owns a mocap studio that is used by a lot of publishers, he's not just some random actor.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So fucking sad that this asshole poisoned the discourse around Dante in Smash so that people now celebrate his absence.
I hate him, stupid piece of shit.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
featuring a fucking idiot from the "anti-vax conspiracy" series

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Besides Reuben being an idiot, I don't even get how the claim makes sense. To prevent one person from dying of Covid, two people are dying of the vaccine? That doesn't seem to be playing out from any real-world evidence.

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
There seems to be a growing interest in a drug called ivermectin to treat humans with COVID-19. Ivermectin is often used in the U.S. to treat or prevent parasites in animals. The FDA has received multiple reports of patients who have required medical support and been hospitalized after self-medicating with ivermectin intended for horses.
Even the levels of ivermectin for approved uses can interact with other medications, like blood-thinners. You can also overdose on ivermectin, which can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hypotension (low blood pressure), allergic reactions (itching and hives), dizziness, ataxia (problems with balance), seizures, coma and even death.
www.fda.gov

Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19

Using the Drug ivermectin to treat COVID-19 can be dangerous and even lethal. The FDA has not approved the drug for that purpose.

That's a no from me, dog

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
He actually co-owns a very popular mocap company, that a lot of games use.
www.mobygames.com

Just Cause Productions, Inc. - MobyGames

Just Cause Productions is a full-service Stereoscopic 3D multimedia production company. It was founded in 2002 and was incorporated in 2005. It was registered in Los Angeles, the United States in 2001 and in Tokyo, Japan in 2002. Just Cause Productions...

Cardon

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
It's so damn disappointing that he's an absolute nutter now. Obviously I was a fan of his work in DMC, but also having spoken to him via the phone for an interview he, at the time around 2012/2013, seemed like a solid dude that was passionate about his work. So yeah, he can piss off for life at this point.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
In case anyone's wondering, the worst case is females 18-49 years old. After 120d, you can expect 7 thrombosis death per million, and you saved 1189 hospitalizations, 225 ICU admissions and 25 deaths. For everyone else it's 0 or 1 thrombosis cases per million. (Source CDC).

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
oh god, he sounds like a brazilian with this "ivermectin" bullshit

I love the fucking weirdness of "I don't understand vaccines but I've been told they're bad, so I refuse to take them. Instead, I've been told that these horse drugs that I don't understand are good, so I'll gladly recommend them to everyone."

Why are hydroxychloroquin and ivermectin acceptable? They sound super shady, too. Why is one weird chemical bad, but others are okay?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm still bummed that a fan paid him to wish Gawr Gura a happy birthday. Cause even though she loves Dante and loved the gift, it left a sour taste in my mouth in an otherwise, wonderful birthday stream.

eggroll

Apr 18, 2021
We as a species not only found a very safe and effective vaccine in record time, we did it using groundbreaking technology that's going to have tangible impact on tons of other diseases.
But we also as a species designed virtual places where any idiot can spread their idiotic ideas and convince other idiots.
Extremely annoying.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Even if vaccines *were* only bringing deaths down by a third (and that's patently not the case), that'd *still* be a good reason to get vaccinated. Total excess death in the UK is below average so far this year, *for example*. If vaccines were killing so many people, you'd see it in those numbers.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think he's ever met a conspiracy theory he didn't believe tbh.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I love the fucking weirdness of "I don't understand vaccines but I've been told they're bad, so I refuse to take them. Instead, I've been told that these horse drugs that I don't understand are good, so I'll gladly recommend them to everyone."

Why are hydroxychloroquin and ivermectin acceptable? They sound super shady, too. Why is one weird chemical bad, but others are okay?

It goes with the whole narrative on "shady government" and "here's the REAL treatment that THEY don't want YOU to know about!!" That's what I got out of the whole thing from people that believe this, which goes along with government/authority distrust, and that the real thing is hiding for some mystical reason. Oh, and the people that peddle this are "real scientists that people are trying to be silenced cause they know the TRUTH".

Daniagatha

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2018
Brazil

Here in Brazil at least it's because some studies WERE showing that MAYBE, PERHAPS, these medicines could PROBABLY help ease the symptoms. The shit part is that our president was sold by this and started to support these treatments. And he is still supporting. And here we are....with slow vaccines (the president in total brushed off 400million vaccines), and 2k deaths/day.

ABOUT REUBEN: is he still doing game related work??? if yes, where and with which company?

Oct 25, 2017
Is Ivermectin the new Hydroxychloroquin? I haven't seen anyone talk about hydro in months now in the last week I've seen people talk about Ivermectin.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why him co-owning a mocap studio is supposed to make it difficult not to work with him.
Just use some other mocap studio? Like basically any other publisher except for Capcom, apparently.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why him co-owning a mocap studio is supposed to make it difficult not to work with him.
Just use some other mocap studio? Like basically any other publisher except for Capcom, apparently.

Totally speculative but not only does he co-own a specialty job studio, but he has a lot of industry experience. There's lots of ways to get motion capture but someone who is plugged in with the kind of network and resources he's had from being in the industry for so long is probably seen as a little bit more difficult to replace than just calling up another studio of people not as well-versed in doing video game specific kind of modal work, but I could be totally wrong about that. Maybe he's just far more likable to people that know him or some thing and so they're reluctant to move on from working with him. Then again he has really only started as Dante and Ken, so he's mostly behind the scenes work.

Dude gives off mega weird uncle at the family barbecue that you keep trying to get away from but won't stop talking to you about his insane theories vibes.

Last edited:

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
You can always count on Reuben to be a complete and utter disappointment.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I accidentally posted the same screenshot twice. The OP has since been updated to include the other screenshot I meant to include.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Rueben is such a tool, I hope that for future Dante appearances that he's replaced with another actor.

As for his studio, hopefully it's influence can be reduced if the other studios build up their own capacity and talent. Dry him out of the business.

I'm still bummed that a fan paid him to wish Gawr Gura a happy birthday. Cause even though she loves Dante and loved the gift, it left a sour taste in my mouth in an otherwise, wonderful birthday stream.

Yeah, I get that Gura likely doesn't know about this stuff, and if I didn't know about Rueben's behaviour I'd likely be chipper as well, but it does make the stream a bit eh. It was otherwise a lovely time.