• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Oof bummer but hey this makes room for Ratchet in March! Right?

looking forward to this and one month isn't too bad (well 40ish days)

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This getting delayed is whatever. But this makes me question when Ratchet will come out now. I thought late April/May would have worked, but I'm not so sure PS wants these two games releasing on top of each other.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I had this game on Gamelock with Gamefly.

Not to bummed about it being delayed, now I can Gamelock Balan instead

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
If that means locked 60 im okay with that. FPS was rough in the trailers

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Time to get that 60FPS locked.

Also continues the ongoing trend of spring Sony exclusives getting delayed by a couple of months, lol.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Between Covid and post-CP2077 scare, this is going to happen more and more (for the better imho).

This getting delayed is whatever. But this makes me question when Ratchet will come out now. I thought late April/May would have worked, but I'm not so sure PS wants these two games releasing on top of each other.

I mean TLOU2 and Tsushima released slighlty over a month from each other no?
I can see R&C being late-May/June and GT7 July.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Fine with me, I'll wait until it's like 60 EUR. Sorry Housemarque, I like your games, but 80 EUR for new games are too much for me.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be genuinely surprised when any game this year doesn't move the release date back.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Damn, April and May are packed now. This, Nier, Pokemon Snap, Guilty Gear Strive, Deathloop, RE Village. It's going to be a busy and expensive couple of months.

I hope this means they'll have the framerate locked by launch those gameplay videos they've shown recently have been...jumpy.

I'd suspect we are going to see Deathloop and possibly RE get bumped too. Just gut feeling.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
kinda oof a bit ngl
imo sony wanna give destruction allstars some more breathing space

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
A one month delay during COVID is pretty mild. I mean, it sucks for the devs- it's likely they'll be crunching. But based on what reporters are saying I'd anticipate most delays to be longer.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Between Covid and post-CP2077 scare, this is going to happen more and more (for the better imho).

I mean TLOU2 and Tsushima released slighlty over a month from each other no?
I can see R&C being late-May/June and GT7 July.
True enough. I just feel that the anticipation for Returnal has been more subdued than it was for Ghost of Tsushima. Ghost still sold 2.5 million despite TLOU.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Bit of a shame as it was looking like the game to play in March but no matter. Take your time Housemarque.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
th

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling this game will either be really good, or pretty mediocre. Can't really tell which yet until we get a state of play with a deep dive

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't think RE will, or if it is it'll be a small one. It'd be weird to announce the date this close to release then delay it.
You're probably on the money with Deathloop though.

We've seen big ceremonious date announcements get bumped plenty though. FFXV is an infamous one. I don't really think it determines one way or the other if something will be bumped or not.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
We've seen big ceremonious date announcements get bumped plenty though. FFXV is an infamous one. I don't really think it determines one way or the other if something will be bumped or not.
The FFXV one wasn't this close to its release was it? I genuinely don't remember, because it's a FF game so I didn't really pay attention to the release dates for it, because of course they were going to change lol

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
more time to crunch? hope the devs are doing ok. I actually speculated if they wont push some games so install base for PS5 gets bigger. But in this case, it seems that the game really needs some polishing (hoping for stable framerate)

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
every trailer they showed for this had frame rate drops left and right so hopefully they can nail that down to 60fps by the time the game releases.