• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where are you stuck?

• Biome 1

Votes: 243 13.4%
  • Biome 2

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • Biome 3

Votes: 283 15.6%
  • Biome 4

Votes: 53 2.9%
  • Biome 5

Votes: 115 6.3%
  • Biome 6

Votes: 51 2.8%
  • I have beaten the game/Playing on NG+!

Votes: 881 48.6%

• Total voters

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Managed to make it entirely through the second biome on my first time there only to quickly die in the third. So much for feeling invincible.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Managed to make it entirely through the second biome on my first time there only to quickly die in the third. So much for feeling invincible.

The exact same thing happened to me - felt on top of the world after dowing the 2nd boss and then it all came crashing down.

At least we got a pretty substantial permanent unlock!

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Questions for those who managed to make some serious progress, no spoilers obvi...

How many bioms do I need to do in one try to get to a point where I can start from somewhere other than complete start? Is that even possible? Cause my first biom was one hour of playtime and if I need three hours to reach another solid point, huh boy.

Probably unlocks plenty of tiny perma skips though?

BobSaac2

Jan 6, 2021
Any tip on how to proceed through biome 2 after taking the shortcut in biome 1(after killing the 1st boss)?

Without cleaning a big chunk of biome 1, I feel that i'm way too weak going straight to Biome 2.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Any tip on how to proceed through biome 2 after taking the shortcut in biome 1(after killing the 1st boss)?

Without cleaning a big chunk of biome 1, I feel that i'm way too weak going straight to Biome 2.
Do a little bit of biome 1, warp back to your ship to boost your health to full then proceed to the biome 2. That may help a bit. But you prob should spend a little time in biome 1.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Played for an hour and ohhh boy is it some nerve wracking pulse beating fun. I hope the dying, repeat doesn't wear out on me but so far the mechanics are solid as. Just need more time!

also I have had the pulse headset since launch and when booting up it recommended a headset for 3D audio. So I cracked them out. Tuned them into what I thought was best profile and must say I really love the awareness you get from your surroundings and have even jumped a few times! Any recommended settings for the 3d audio?

and knowing RE village supports it I might have to leave them out for some really terrifying audio!!!

Klokwerk

Oct 29, 2017
I love the game, I basically can't stop playing, but I already had 2 runs in a row stopped by bugs : a full crash and an instance where doors simply wouldn't open anymore. I hope they'll patch those crashes soon.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
Game's good, real good. Played for a couple hours this morning and died twice. I'm not trying too hard yet, want to get a couple a decent runs in while I learn the mechanics before going for THE run. Feel free to add me if you wanna mock my dead bodies all over biome 1 :)

PSN: Nine2Oh

martson2

Dec 18, 2017
Recommend turning on the always sprint, and press to pick up/open containers. Saves a lot of holding and clicking and I find than I want to be running most of the time anyway. On console anyway.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Dev in the stream said whenever you're at max health, all health items change to resin (which allows you to increase your max health value). Not sure if that's widely known.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
I had no idea it would give me a second chance and when Phrike killed me, I didn't realize I was up again and I was 1 health before noticing :(
Yeah, same here. I was kind of panicking on the first boss as I got overwhelmed on the third phase. When I got the Second chance, I completely blew it as I was not prepared for it. Then, I didn't lose my progress on the biome as
I was resurected by the "Reconstructor". I didn't know what it would do when I spent 5 ethers on it. I still had to restart the boss fight from the beginning but I didn't lose the progress I made on that run.

Dev in the stream said whenever you're at max health, all health items change to resin (which allows you to increase your max health value). Not sure if that's widely known.
The UI clearly provides indication on that even though I think it is never clearly stated in the game. When you have full health, picking up a green object will add a bar on the left of your health bar. When it reaches three, you get an "integrity" upgrade.

sazz

Aug 3, 2020
London, UK
On my first run and just managed to beat the second biome boss with just a slither of health left, man what an amazing boss fight that was, absolutely insane. What a fucking game

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
First crash. Yeah, that hurts. It was either my first or second run after the tutorial. I was only in the first biome but spent a lot of time exploring. Ugh. Not sure if I should wait or what but other than that was having a lot of fun.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Folks who preordered from Amazon: did they send you a preorder bonus code? I have not received anything (and my copy is arriving this afternoon).

Amazon costumer service says code is in the box or on the disk. I've checked some unboxing videos and there is no code inside.

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Reached the second boss. Managed to get it down to the third phase, then I messed up and died.

Is there a quicker way to it? I think I spent like 1,5 hour in biome 2 before I found the boss.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yo, shoutout to Housemarque for the 3D sound. I had my Gold headset while playing & it never sounded so good.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
There's a console on the ship that lets you swap suits, you in front of the hole where you come out.

Also, I've got some neat perks in my first run (and so far only one thx to work -_-) so there's definitely some cool ones for sure.
Thanks. I thought I checked everywhere on the ship for prompts. I found the computer that shows you your all-time progress, but I didn't notice anything to do with suits in that. I'll check the interior again. Maybe I just missed it because I was tired.

saforia

Apr 19, 2019
UK
When you're at full health, any health pick-up fills up one of those bars, when all are filled in your health permanently increases a smidge

It's a fantastic feature imo, rewards good play
Ah that makes sense, thanks. Gonna assume that I don't get to keep that health increase after I die though.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Thanks. I thought I checked everywhere on the ship for prompts. I found the computer that shows you your all-time progress, but I didn't notice anything to do with suits in that. I'll check the interior again. Maybe I just missed it because I was tired.

Yes, I think the console is that, and right next to it there's a storage with the suits, to the right. I somehow swapped them in my mind lol.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Questions for those who managed to make some serious progress, no spoilers obvi...

How many bioms do I need to do in one try to get to a point where I can start from somewhere other than complete start? Is that even possible? Cause my first biom was one hour of playtime and if I need three hours to reach another solid point, huh boy.

It's a roguelike, you will start from the beginning every time you die. It's a turn-off for many people and many people love it.

Aug 14, 2020
Reached the second boss. Managed to get it down to the third phase, then I messed up and died.

Is there a quicker way to it? I think I spent like 1,5 hour in biome 2 before I found the boss.

I believe so

there's a shortcut once you made it to the boss once. it's before you go inside the inner areas I believe, it lets you teleport straight to the summit

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
1st boss down in first attempt. 😊

Have died 6 times while exploring before, put down 6 Ether for the Relocator and went in, died just before he did but respawned immediately and finished him.
A friend of mine (he hates difficult games, has not played a single From Software game for example) almost managed to do it too, had the boss down to a quarter of his life in the last phase but then died.
I really like exploring on your own terms, especially with a map as great as in this game.
Hope you are all enjoying it too, I needed a smoking break before I continue with the second biome.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
The UI clearly provides indication on that even though I think it is never clearly stated in the game. When you have full health, picking up a green object will add a bar on the left of your health bar. When it reaches three, you get an "integrity" upgrade.
Yeah I get that - it's just that you can get resin even when you're not at max health but once you're there *all* of the green pickups are resin. At least that's what he said.

Just another nice incentive to try and not get hit early in a run.

Paper Cheese

Oct 9, 2019

This is a difficult question to answer without spoilers tbh, but the basic answer is

Once you beat the boss of the third biome, you'll start at the beginning of biome 4 each time you die

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Killed the first boss in my first run. I thought I I sucked but hey maybe not that bad lol.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Went to order a copy online for pickup at my local best buy at 8am this morning.

Totally sold out. Next closest store 20 miles away has two copies left.

Either demand for the game is through the roof or Sony way undershipped this.