• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Where are you stuck?

• Biome 1

Votes: 243 13.4%
  • Biome 2

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • Biome 3

Votes: 283 15.6%
  • Biome 4

Votes: 53 2.9%
  • Biome 5

Votes: 115 6.4%
  • Biome 6

Votes: 51 2.8%
  • I have beaten the game/Playing on NG+!

Votes: 880 48.6%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
Just saying. Listening to people's impressions of this game and watching video of people playing it, Sony probably would benefit from adding this game to Playstation +. 🤷‍♂️

low-quality-bait.jpg

TheSix

Nov 1, 2017
Toronto
I took a small clip, not sure if this has been talked about I love the way teleportation works and how fast it is!

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it. I was scared to buy this game. But then I realized something. I spend a bajillion dollars on fast food delivery every month so if I start getting groceries instead it doesn't matter if I buy a $70 game. So I have pre-ordered Returnal through PSN and will eat potatoes from now on.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Fuck it. I was scared to buy this game. But then I realized something. I spend a bajillion dollars on fast food delivery every month so if I start getting groceries instead it doesn't matter if I buy a $70 game. So I have pre-ordered Returnal through PSN and will eat potatoes from now on.
You def would cut your food costs by like 66% just by cooking lol.

TheSix

Nov 1, 2017
Toronto
Just saying. Listening to people's impressions of this game and watching video of people playing it, Sony probably would benefit from adding this game to Playstation +. 🤷‍♂️

Does look interesting and I hope everyone enjoys their time with it.
This is a pathetic attempt at baiting responses. Please stop.

R.I.P

Oct 30, 2017
Really interested in the game but I wasn't originally planning on getting the game day 1 due to the high price of Sony 1st party games and because I'm playing through a lot of other games right now. However, I noticed that some larger Finnish retailers have priced the game as low as 50€ so I just placed an order and am in full hype mode! I wonder if this trend will continue and stores here will price upcoming 1st party games as low as this...

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
My Best Buy order just says "We'll ship it by Friday". My dudes, I need you to deliver by Friday!

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria

You can make delicious dishes with just potatos and some spices.

Got my ps5, 4 days ago and pre-ordered the game the moment I powered the console for the first time. My first ps5 purchase and judging by all the praise I will not regret it.

TheOnlyJ

Oct 29, 2019
So excited to play this on day one-- haven't preordered a game in awhile (except Nier) but really want to support Housemarque, as they've been doing great things for years.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know what kind of post-launch support this will get? I feel like these types of games always get better in time due to added content and QoL features.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
do these threads ever age well?

To be honest, I was 'in' for the game mostly because my past knowledge of Housemarque games I have played.

I don't think the marketing up until the previews that released last week has been that great. Without knowing the pedigree of the developer I would not have been convinced until then….

Oh, I'm not thinking of that as shaming on anyone, just interesting to see the way from the first presentation (I also didn't like too much) till preview-day. Gonna hype myself with reading old stuff before release sometimes :)

Majin Boo

Oct 26, 2017
Just watched someone kill the second boss on his first try on twitch, addmittedly because he has an item that regenerates his health when it gets low, still damn impressive. The game gets significantly harder in the second biome.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Just watched someone kill the second boss on his first try on twitch, addmittedly because he has an item that regenerates his health when it gets low, still damn impressive. The game gets significantly harder in the second biome.

I'm pretty happy to hear that some of these items (artifacts?) do seem to be very strong. Health regeneration, homing shots, etc. Maybe there are some that are straight up run-winners too, like some of the more absurd stuff you can get in Isaac.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty happy to hear that some of these items (artifacts?) do seem to be very strong. Health regeneration, homing shots, etc. Maybe there are some that are straight up run-winners too, like some of the more absurd stuff you can get in Isaac.
Probably why some people are saying the game isn't as challenging as others are. Lol. Some runs are predicated on good pick ups. But I'm certain skill has a lot to do with it as well.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I watched the first 10 minutes or so on MinnMax, cant watch anymore, don't want to get spoiled on anything. I'm officially sold.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
However you guys feel about the price tag.. lets hear it for a NEW game that isn't a sequel or known series and features a middle aged woman as the protagonist.

Looking forward to my time with this and the zeitgeist as reset plays it all together this weekend.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Based on this PS Blog about how to survive in the game. This should alieviate some people's concerns about having some save point in a cycle. Just would need to manage the collected currency to allow for it As you progress.

Mysterious Devices
Selene can use the remains of the ancient civilization that once ruled Atropos. You can find many different devices on Atropos: some may provide you items in exchange for Obolites, others will increase your max health or provide various state upgrades, and have many different outcomes that are worth experimenting with. There's even a Reconstructor that, when activated, will revive you at that location without losing the progress of that cycle. Always be mindful of using your obolites wisely though, as there are no refunds on Atropos.

Nov 11, 2020
My hype levels keep increasing!!!! My only dilemma is if I want to go digital or physical - I prefer physical, but read that some retailers were selling out. Is this one of those games where retailers like Target get like 15 copies for each store? lol

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope the game reviews well, I think RE8 is my priority console game for May at the moment.

Like what I've seen so far but just hope there is enough to keep people hooked and not too repetitive and dull.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA

Majin Boo

Oct 26, 2017

And he killed the third boss first try too, and not because he was easy. I should stop watching but I can't.

camac002

Oct 27, 2017
Cause it was funny, hearing it first, but then like many at-first-silly titles, like Tenet, the product starts selling the initial image and after a while you're like, sure, it's Returnal! What else? Makes total sense.

Yep. At one time "PlayStation" sounded dumb as hell, even if there's logical sense to the name being opposite to "Workstation". And then, one day, it was normal.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
In the span of about one week, I went from "not really interested", to "might check it out eventually", to on the fence. And now it's pre-loading and I'm fucking excited to jump in after the Draft tomorrow night.