• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
What a fantastic game. Best game of 2021 by far, and one of the best rogue/TPS games ever.

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
After a few days, I couldn't beat the first boss. Sold it on Craigslist and got most of my money back.

Now a year later I'd like to try again but at the moment it's still around $70 on Amazon. I know it's been on sale for $50 so when it hits that again, I'll probably rebuy.

PolygonFlux

Jan 1, 2018
Wow, was that really a whole year ago? Where has this last year gone!?
Fantastic game. Enjoyed every moment with it.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
Great game with some bizarre design decisions. I think it makes the cost of risk taking and experimentation too high by not respecting your time and punishing you brutally for any mistakes. The runs are too long and I pretty much avoided any risk of malignancy by the end and only trusted two weapons.

Loving the tower mode though.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
After a few days, I couldn't beat the first boss. Sold it on Craigslist and got most of my money back.

Now a year later I'd like to try again but at the moment it's still around $70 on Amazon. I know it's been on sale for $50 so when it hits that again, I'll probably rebuy.
Why not wait until the PS Plus revamp? Isn't it one of the launch games for the service?

jackie daytona

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 15, 2022
I loved how they tied health upgrades to healing items so one wrong move and everything is fucked.

I seriously believe some of the praise for this game is just trolling.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Exchanged it for Gran Turismo 7. Best choice ever. Amazing game.

Currently trying to...
get the last two sun fragments.

But really, best PS5 exclusive game I've played so far and only one really worth it for me.

Det

Jul 30, 2020

Why not wait until the PS Plus revamp? Isn't it one of the launch games for the service?

It is. Just wait until PS+ relaunches.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Game of the generation so far (still playing Elden Ring). Successor of Bloodborne.

An underrated gem guaranteed to become a classic.

Last edited:

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Will hopefully be rightfully remembered as one of the best games of the gen, and an amazing game in its own right.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
The only game I ever sold on eBay where a buyer tried scamming me/treating me like a Gamestop by saying he didn't get it in the mail, only for me to find his seller account trying to sell it to make his money back. It was ultra fucking obvious he didn't like it.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
This game was such a nice surprise. I wasn't hyped for it until it came out so I bought it and it blew me away.

Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations to one of my favorite game of this gen and one of my favorite games of all-time. One of those games that seemed made just for me. Dark sci-fi, cosmic horror, razor-tight gameplay, incredible atmosphere and a good challenge. Also one of the best poster childs for next-gen with its incredible particle tech, super fast loading and the best implementation of 3D audio and DualSense haptics yet. The free DLC was delicious icing on the cake.
Was so happy to see it win the BAFTA for Game of the Year.

All hail Xaos, punisher of sins.

Can't wait to see what Housemarque does next. Hopefully more sci-fi.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
Already a classic.

Pure gameplay. Loved all of it..

Need to try new free dlc!

pahlke1

Oct 28, 2017
Brisbane
I frequently think about this game. The atmosphere of that world, the visuals, the music, that sense of dread…it's just second to none

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Amazing game, I hope a VRR patch with unlocked frame rate up to 120 fps is in the works. 🤤

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing game.

Was my first taste of this genre and I am really happy that I tried it.

Also the art style of this game probably is one of the best ever from a Sony studio.

Shiki

Nov 30, 2017
If I can ever find a goddamn PS5 under 1.5k I will play this game to death. or maybe if it comes to pc one day, whichever comes first

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Controversial opinion - the drones weren't as bad as a lot of people said they were.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Controversial opinion - the drones weren't as bad as a lot of people said they were.
get-out-leave.gif

megabyte

Oct 25, 2017
I was really loving this game, but slowly felt worn down by the RNG. Then I had an amazing run and somehow got stuck in a room and couldn't get back to the hub area. I dropped it at that point.

Kreim

Dec 6, 2017
It's not a lake it's an ocean.

err I mean

Do you see the white shadow?

Housemarque is a day 1 dev for me now. So glad they exist and I hope they can grow and grow.

BKsQuadcopter

Apr 1, 2021
Absolutely phenomenal game, I'm just sad I got to it late. I'm currently doing the end game grind and enjoying trying out new weapon load outs for bosses. It keeps every run fresh while trying to find ciphers and that other post game item.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I've heard that they nerfed them since launch. Because back then they were nightmarish. Came in swarms and could obliterate your health before you even realized what happened.

Yeah - I guess I was maybe just lucky in each of my encounters. I always had good cover or a good weapon that took them out very quickly.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heck I might put it above Endwalker I guess. Best game of 2021, one of the best third person shooters of all time. Housemarque knocked it out of the park.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Im at the point where I'm comfortable saying it's my new favorite game of all time, knocking Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Persona 3 Portable down a notch on the list. This isn't for everyone, but as someone who tends to hate modern AAA games, this felt like something designed just for me. You don't get this level or story or world in a game with this kind of gameplay

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
honestly one of the best games ive played in the last couple of years. what a fantastic game

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it yesterday for the first time. The Best game I've played in years.
I did not expect this level of story here. Not at fucking all. Not only is the gameplay itself polished to a fucking diamond, the storytelling is one of the most ambitious ones I've seen in a game. Truly a behemoth in that department. It's now there with SOMA and SH2 of games that will haunt me for years to come.

Not at all too expensive to me. This is the kind of shit that makes me still love gaming. I'd buy this kind of experience for a 100eurodollars at the expense of half a dozen of the usual trite by the numbers shit I fall back on mostly.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Great game. Hopefully PC version soon so I can enjoy it again without the muddy graphics and random frame rate drops.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
the game still seems to be going under the radar...it's not getting the hype of a Horizon Zero Dawn or Uncharted

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
I still play it more than occasionally just because it's so good to vibe around in and shoot stuff. This is almost never true for any of my games. Even the ones with "best in class gameplay". It's a permanent fixture in my games rotation so far.

Unfortunately it'll never hit the gigantic critical mass of players it deserves. Maybe the next game. As long as it builds, and smartly integrates more systems, it'll only be better.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
What a wonderful game it is. Housemarque don't miss.