• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Everyone should play this. Everyone deserves to experience this masterpiece!

RavenH2

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Great news! Wonder if the other games Lucas Pope has done will come out as well?

Edit: on mainstream consoles that is

Oct 25, 2017
Good time slot for it. I was hoping it would land right there so I could slip it between Ori and Luigi's Mansion. Now to wait for the launch price.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
how obtuse are the puzzles
There is only one type of puzzle in the entire game.

The game works by viewing "snapshots" of moments in time where someone dies (sometimes multiple people in a single scene). You need to identify who the victim is and what killed them. The game will confirm correct guesses in sets of three.

The cause of death is often obvious (but not always). To figure out the identity you need to piece together clues both from within the scene where the person dies, and also from other details. These other details usually revolve around finding the same person in another scene (the game gives you tools to track every scene a character appears in) and checking out where on the ship they work, where they sleep, who they tend to follow around, lines of dialogue, and so on. Other details like clothing and ethnicity can also be used to infer someone's identity.

It works really well. There are only a few identities in the game that I felt were particularly obtuse, and this was mostly from having to go back and forth between a certain scene several times to identify every person in it when the walk speed is so slow (every scene has a part of the ship that you need to travel to in order to enter).

If all else fails, there's no penalty for guessing and checking either. For example, if you're sure about two identities and three fates, you can just work your way down the ship's manifest until that third person lands you a "hit". I recommend not doing this unless you're stuck though. The game will assign a difficulty rating to each crew member (by face, not by name), and will also indicate if you don't have enough evidence yet to identify a person without guessing.

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
If you didn't play this on PC then pleeeeease get this game. It's phenomenal.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
It's been on my steam wishlist for months now. Guess I'll pick it up on ps4 for a plat now.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Wow, that was a quick turnaround. I had held off playing it for like a year cause I was hoping for a switch port but ended up grabbing it just a couple months ago and I think I'm glad I played it on pc rather than with a controller tbh.... Still a very easy recommendation for anyone who hasn't played it, such a great puzzle game.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Held out from picking up the PC version so I could play this on the Switch.

Can't wait.

RiamuFG

Director at Chuhai Labs
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Kyoto, Japan
Yay! I am so happy for Lucas and the success of this project, I can't wait to play it once again on Switch.

Riven

Oct 27, 2017
I have never played this game before, but for those who have played it on PC, do you believe performance-wise it will run okay on the Switch? Or is it anyone's guess at this point? I am debating wether to get in on Xbone or Switch.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
This game is very overrated. In fact it's a very boring game that goes at a plodding pace and just isn't very interesting or compelling. i gave up on chapter 3 I think. I just got soooooo tired of the backtracking. Because this is Backtracking: The Game. None of it is particularly interesting And the gameplay mechanics become old fast.

the idea sounds nice in theory but it's just very boring generally. I fell asleep playing it on a Sunday afternoon.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
The incredible word of mouth this game has received peaked my interest. Definitely picking it up, most likely for Switch.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I never heard of this before the Nintendo Direct, so I'm very interested in checking this out on release.

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Having the Mandella effect with this (thanks AI: Somnium Files for the knowledge), thought this was released multiplatform-ly a while ago! Great game indeed. Lukas Pope breaks the mold with his games, big fan of his.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This game is very overrated. In fact it's a very boring game that goes at a plodding pace and just isn't very interesting or compelling. i gave up on chapter 3 I think. I just got soooooo tired of the backtracking. Because this is Backtracking: The Game. None of it is particularly interesting And the gameplay mechanics become old fast.

the idea sounds nice in theory but it's just very boring generally. I fell asleep playing it on a Sunday afternoon.

This is a terrible opinion.

The game is phenomenal and will be the best game anyone plays this year. Highly recommended.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I may buy this on PS4 because the developer never fixed the awful frame pacing stutter when using a controller on PC.

I tried everything to get rid of it, and nothing worked.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Been interested in this game ever since I heard Kirk and Jason rave about it several times last year on Splitscreen.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have never played this game before, but for those who have played it on PC, do you believe performance-wise it will run okay on the Switch? Or is it anyone's guess at this point? I am debating wether to get in on Xbone or Switch.

Performance should be fine. I imagine the challenge in the port was largely interface wise.

I can see maybe it actually being kinda annoying on a small screen too, though that might be offset if it has touch controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.