• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA

I have not followed any of Josh Gad's youtube/zoom content during the quarantine. But this video was shared by some friends and as a huge lord of the rings fan, put a huge smile on my face.

Gad appears to be reuniting the fellowship of the ring on sunday may, 31st over a zoom interview/call.

seeing Sir Ian Mckellen appear at the end and delivery that line like no time had passed at all was amazing.

twitter.com

TheOneRing.net on Twitter

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
aw man that ending made me tear up a little i'm not gonna lie

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that Sir Ian McKellen is 81 years old and still delivering lines like a boss.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
its so funny that all these reunions are happening lately because these celebrities finally don't have anything better to do.

i just watched the 30th anniversary ninja turtles movie cast reunion the other day. it was awesome!

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Grinning. Ear to ear. Like a child. I adore these films and I adore this cast.

Orlando: "Katy tells me to turn off the Zoom in bed"
Dom: "Never turn the Zoom off in bed Orlando..."

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Hell yeah. Definitely checking this out, that really made me smile.

Shame Viggo's not there to recount the time he kissed Billy. Aragorn and Pippin, the true love story of LOTR.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Probably my favorite cast and trilogy of all time. Still hasn't been topped. I had tears toward the end....FUCK

Apr 19, 2018
So it'll be the six of them? Would it amazing if they can get Bean, Mortensen, and Rhys-Davies too. Even if it's brief. :)

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
His Goonies one was surprisingly really fun and well produced given the medium. This should be great.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

THEY GOT EVERYONE

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019

wow
QxoPjbtJtcZPGKzp7iNeBA5OBHME-FilXi3sWLxQhajrz-9YvTaFumK36Fm_yc6xuNBPdg5BoEcKx4dVS4lH8ilPZywgdXsaXlL7IbXkxzhYxUTAFnNJZ8CbZJjA8oBS_2UwSIsqug

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
Okay I was rolling with it as some silly fun but then that ending came and I felt something in my throat. Thanks for the heads up.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the only four notable absences are David Wenham, Cate Blanchett, and Bernard Hill, and Hugo Weaving.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
McKellen is such an amazing actor. To just pop in like that and be READY with that level of timing is just...damn.

I will totally watch the full reunion to see everybody. What a cool thing.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
The series doesn't need to be as good as the movies, and honestly I'm not sure it's even possible, it can still be good

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I've of the same opinion especially after The Hobbit trilogy, but as Galadriel once said, "yet hope remains while the company is true."
I'm always eager for more opportunity to explore Tolkien's amazing mythology, I just think we've had precious little to enjoy in multimedia since Return of the King in 2003.

I also think the games are a total missed opportunity.