• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Here is the final trailer for RetroMania Wrestling! WHAT A RUSH!

RetroMania Wrestling is the official sequel to the classic arcade game WrestleFest that was released in 1991 by Technos of Japan.

RetroMania Wrestling will be a "pick up and play" arcade wrestling game with beautiful 2D sprites, incredible backgrounds and fast-paced arcade style game play.

• 16 Unique, distinct playable wrestlers at launch (adding more post launch via DLC)
• 2-8 player local multiplayer (Online TBD) • Several match types, including One-on-One matches, Tag Team matches, and the Battle Royal
• Ring entrances with entrance music
• Multiple entrance attires for each wrestler
• Strategic gameplay that is easy to pick up and play
• Beautiful 2D pixel art animated sprites with over 700 frames of animation and animated backgrounds
• Crowd chants that react to the action on screen
• More features still to be added!

Tim-E

Oct 31, 2017
This game has been delayed so many times I won't believe a launch date until I am actually playing the game.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
If the game is successful an AEW DLC should be totally doable. They have shown to be completely open to cross promotion.

I can't see it to be honest. As they have there own game in development. Even if they did that's maybe a stretch financially. I think even talent from ROH or Impact could be financially problematic. Plenty of indie wrestlers available though so the DLC will be fine either way.

above average

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I can't see it to be honest. As they have there own game in development. Even if they did that's maybe a stretch financially. I think even talent from ROH or Impact could be financially problematic. Plenty of indie wrestlers available though so the DLC will be fine either way.

I can't see letting Omega go on Tuesday nights when they have their own show, oh wait. I can't see letting Moxley go to Japan, oh wait. There is zero evidence of them being like that and yet you project it anyways. And on top of that, they are completely different types of games and Omega would know that they aren't going after the same audience.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
I can't see letting Omega go on Tuesday nights when they have their own show, oh wait. I can't see letting Moxley go to Japan, oh wait. There is zero evidence of them being like that and yet you project it anyways. And on top of that, they are completely different types of games and Omega would know that they aren't going after the same audience.

Er they can't stop moxley as when he signed with AEW he made it clear and on his contract that he can work New Japan. The Collab with Impact (which is completely pointless by the way and does nothing for AEW) is not the same as having the same as licensing there wrestlers on a different video game that isn't there's. Look man, I don't think it will happen just to costs involved before anything else. Let's see who is was right in there prediction down the line.

Oh before I forget. Stop this AEW is not political myth as it's simply not true. Ask Tony Khan why he wouldn't allow moxley to work New Japan US shows?

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Looking forward to have another option in the wrestling game landscape

above average

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Er they can't stop moxley as when he signed with AEW he made it clear and on his contract that he can work New Japan. The Collab with Impact (which is completely pointless by the way and does nothing for AEW) is not the same as having the same as licensing there wrestlers on a different video game that isn't there's. Look man, I don't think it will happen just to costs involved before anything else. Let's see who is was right in there prediction down the line.

Oh before I forget. Stop this AEW is not political myth as it's simply not true. Ask Tony Khan why he wouldn't allow moxley to work New Japan US shows?

Are you saying AEW owns their wrestler's likenesses?

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Definitely brings back a lot of memories of playing the Wrestlemania games on the NES and SNES! Will probably give this one a look when it releases!

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Gimme my M-Dogg dlc at launch!

Looks fun. Hopefully they nailed gameplay.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I play WrstleFest constantly on my Arcade 1Up, I've been wanting a game like this since I was a kid.

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Wait, they made a 1Up Arcade for WF?? How did I not know that? I have the MK and NBA Jam ones and was hoping they'd announce it at some point.

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I hope this does well.

Would like to see it successful enough, maybe they can incorporate wrestlers from GCW at least.

Thecrisisking

Mar 24, 2020
Are you saying AEW owns their wrestler's likenesses?

They don't own their likeness or the rights to their names, hence their ability to book outside the organization as well as their own private and separate merchandising.

Now, their contracts may offer some sort of exclusivity which is why Khan didn't want Mox to work any US NJPW dates but that has obviously changed. Same goes for other appearances on televised organizations elsewhere.

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope there's an option to turn off the commentary

It's amazing how EA probably did the best job at wrestling game commentary for both of their WCW games
What don't you like about the commentary?

Now you got me trying to remember how EA did it in their WCW games. LOL

above average

Banned
Apr 4, 2018

If the wrestler's own their own name, they are free to negotiate themselves into any game they wish. And of all the pathetic Tony Khan hate hills to die on, you think he's threatened by this comparatively small potatoes game? I love Wrestlefest and will probably pick this game up but as if this game is going to sell anywhere close to the AEW game with their wrestlers or not as if it's any kind of real competition.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Retrosoft announced today on their official Facebook page that the console versions are being delayed hopefully no longer than two weeks because the game is still going through certifications. Steam version is still supposed to release on time though. Bummed because I was going to pick up the console version.

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Retrosoft announced today on their official Facebook page that the console versions are being delayed hopefully no longer than two weeks because the game is still going through certifications. Steam version is still supposed to release on time though. Bummed because I was going to pick up the console version.
Thanks for the update. 2 week delay isn't bad at all.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of the art direction. Not sure why they bothered to go after real wrestlers though as apart from 2 the rest are not well known at all. Surely their money would of been better spent developing the game more rather than going after licenses ?

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of the art direction. Not sure why they bothered to go after real wrestlers though as apart from 2 the rest are not well known at all. Surely their money would of been better spent developing the game more rather than going after licenses ?
In what ways could the game been developed more? It's an official sequel to the arcade game Wrestlefest without the WWE license that has been fleshed out more with wrestlers, moves, and modes.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing Terry Funk or 2 Cold Scorpio

Been looking forward to this since it's announcement, but the only thing that looks off are that some animations for moves look a tad choppy.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017

More details in the thread.

EqRpgSSW8AAQgZ3.jpg

Might still opt for the Steam version but not keen on playing this with an Xbox pad.

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
I'm guessing Terry Funk or 2 Cold Scorpio

Been looking forward to this since it's announcement, but the only thing that looks off are that some animations for moves look a tad choppy.

It has to be Funk or Scorpio because in the "ECW" arena there are banners with both of their names on there?

I downloaded this on Steam on Friday. It's quite a fun little game and more refined than WrestleFest, but boy is this one hard ass game. I've gotten a bit used to the gameplay, I do hate the button mashing.

Hopefully the developers continue to build on this game and flesh out the roster with the DLC. The ring announcing by Joe Galli is really good, some of the best in a wrestling game.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
It looks okay, I guess. Will wait for the inevitable Steam sale or when we have a peek at the DLC roadmap, not too fussed.