• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
at this point there should be no more threads about these hirings since it's the same thing over and over again.

the game might be 1 year, 3 years or 5 years away but we won't know until it's revealed.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Everytime a Metroid Prime 4 Job position is posted on Resetera, the game gets delayed another 6 months.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
At this point, there'll be a 10 year gap between MP4 and the last Retro release. Jesus Christ
Yeah this is stupid how long it's taking them. I know we were all hoping to see it at various shows the last several years. Who knows how far in development this is but at the start of switchs life cycle I was certain we would have this game by now

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Tropical Freeze was finished in like ~September 2013, and was delayed so that i didn't release too close to Super Mario 3D World.

So it has been over SEVEN YEARS since they finished their last game. Which means that clearly something (or hell, multiple somethings) went disasterously wrong for Retro at some point, and that's why people get a bit intense when it comes to job listings with this studio. There's an understandable level of concern imo.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
If I had a nickel for every time ResetEra thought job postings were directly correlated with game development progress, I'd be a rich person.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm sure this means they never ever had a boss/AI designer and literally no work has ever been done in that area because we all know development teams only hire in the beginning of the project and then everyone is naturally locked in and no new hires can be done until the next project starts!

/s

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
So it has been over SEVEN YEARS since they finished their last game. Which means that clearly something (or hell, multiple somethings) went disasterously wrong for Retro at some point, and that's why people get a bit intense when it comes to job listings with this studio. There's an understandable level of concern imo.
tenor.gif

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Boss designer means they have all the basics in tact and are filling in the game world with bosses and story scenes and generally it would mean they are polishing up the game. I mean the game is still far out. Probably 2022 but at least they're steadily progressing.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The good thing is Nintendo giving Retro Studio time and money for this game, no fear to have about cutting corner or crunch.

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I just want them to release Metroid Prime Trilogy HD. How long have they been sitting on it according to insiders?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Boss designer means they have all the basics in tact and are filling in the game world with bosses and story scenes and generally it would mean they are polishing up the game. I mean the game is still far out. Probably 2022 but at least they're steadily progressing.
Yeah, games aren't developed in a linear fashion. Elements like bosses are often added very late into development since that's the part of the game that usually requires every other system in the game to be figured out.

Oct 28, 2017
What in the hell have they been doing all this time?

I stand by my theory that Retro had to be the lead designer for all of Super Nintendo World attractions.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, next Retro will be hiring a janitor and you'll all freak out that they haven't cleaned their place for 10 years!

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
Damn this game is going to be so far out if they still haven't hired a boss designer.

I mean, a job listing just means they are trying to fill an open position.

It doesn't mean they've never had an AI/boss designer work on this project (or that they only ever have a single person in that role).

They are most likely trying to replace someone who left.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Boss designer? That's one of the first things they hire for isn't it? This game isn't coming out until....2025.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Boss designer? That's one of the first things they hire for isn't it? This game isn't coming out until....2025.
The bosses of an average game do not occupy even 5% of the total lenght of the game and require that all other systems already work perfectly, why would they be the first thing you would hire.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Hmm maybe holding onto my Switch for this and BoTW2 isn't the most economical decision I've ever made..

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
They're about to finish designing the first boss encounter. Only 3 and a half years to go! Take your time Retro! :)