• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
To someone wth experience on gamedev: how effed up is the development of MP4 based on this?

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have 5 years of project management experience in a completely unrelated industry. Hire me, Retro.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I know every time Retro posts a job someone says "this doesn't mean the game is struggling" but... surely this can't be good.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, I'm looking for the thread where I can speculate based on my assumptions about game development. Am I in the right place?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd just settle for Metroid Prime Trilogy at this point tbh

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I remember EGM once wrote that the idea of Metroid Prime going first-person sounded more inexplicable than it being an underwater Russian romance (or something like that).

Maybe they finally decided to make that game.

Zarckoh

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico
I always suspected that this game wouldn't make it to the Switch. Also when Retro Studios doesn't manages to deliver a game in five years there is some trouble on the dev team.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Yeah, this "Retro Studios" company sounds so incompetent. I mean, have they ever shipped a game before? Why should I trust this weird unproven company? Do they even have experience in this industry?

Instead, I will trust these wise Era users who know that this game is vaporware and will never come out. Also, this "Retro Studios" is obviously responsible for what happened with the game before they had anything to do with it, so fuck them, of course.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They have not stopped having job listings on the Nintendo careers page for MP4/the studio in general since the announcement. Its kinda silly to think this is really news.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
It was already confirmed when they announced they had scrapped the first version of the project and moved development of the game to Retro.
I know. I was sad the day they came clean about it.

The only shred of hope I cling to is maybe some production work didn't get scrapped. Maybe the issues that led to Nintendo giving it back to Retro were gameplay related, not art, characters, story, etc. That is, maybe Retro wasn't starting completely from scratch.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I'm beginning to wonder if this game is actually going to be a thing or not...Lead Producer has got to be something you'd have locked down way, way earlier right?

I haven't a clue how game development works so correct me if I'm completely wrong.

Bovine

Oct 29, 2017
I really can't see this game releasing on the Switch anymore. Should probably just focus on the Switch successor and up the graphics.

nenned

Oct 27, 2017
Kensuke Tenabe is going to be the main producer, just like he was with all the other Metroid Prime games. So I'm sure having this position open is not delaying development in any significant way.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I would love to see this game come out, I would not be surprised to see it get canceled or become vaporware like Pikmin 4.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Metroid Prime 3 had three producers at Retro, Tropical Freeze had four. None of those games had "Lead Producer" as a credit, so the specifics of this job application are kinda blurry.

There's not a snowball's chance in hell that Prime 4 hasn't had a producer up until now.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I have a long running bet with my friend that Ghost Song will come out before Metroid Prime 4, I've never felt better about that bet

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Metroid?

maxresdefault.jpg