• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I've recently played Grandia HD Collection on Switch and that led me to want to play more games from the same era — PS1, Saturn, N64, Dreamcast, PS2.

Square Enix and Capcom aside as I've played all their output from that time. In terms of genre, really anything, from action games to jRPG to racing.

Any suggestion? Thanks!

Coen

Oct 25, 2017
Antwerp, Belgium
There's loads of great boomer shooters from that era on the Switch. Night Dive Studios output is a real highlight: Turok, Turok 2, Doom 64 and I guess they also did Quake? Waiting patiently for the Shadow Man release.

Virtua Racing from the Sega Ages line is great. It's insane how much love and care went into that release. There's also the Panzer Dragoon remake that wasn't met with universal praise but I personally feel is a fine representation of the original.

Katamari Damacy is a unique game from that era as well. Reroll is a great remaster that's on sale all the time.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
check out Moon Remix RPG Adventure

it's more of an adventure game than a traditional rpg

OP
OP
sfortunato

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
There's loads of great boomer shooters from that era on the Switch. Night Dive Studios output is a real highlight: Turok, Turok 2, Doom 64 and I guess they also did Quake? Waiting patiently for the Shadow Man release.

Virtua Racing from the Sega Ages line is great. It's insane how much love and care went into that release. There's also the Panzer Dragoon remake that wasn't met with universal praise but I personally feel is a fine representation of the original.

Katamari Damacy is a unique game from that era as well. Reroll is a great remaster that's on sale all the time.

Thanks! I already played and loved Panzer Dragoon and Katamari! But I didn't know about Virtua Racing :)

check out Moon Remix RPG Adventure

it's more of an adventure game than a traditional rpg

Played it and loved it :)

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I love games of this era, too, so I'm with you OP. Let's see... These are the ones I have in my collection (not entirely sure what 'bits' they are but they're from that era (or around then)):
  • Cotton Reboots and rereleases.
  • Neo-Geo Pocket Color collections.
  • Legend of Mana Remastered
  • SaGa Frontier
  • Capcom Belt Action Collection
  • Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9
  • Romancing Saga 3

OP
OP
sfortunato

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I love games of this era, too, so I'm with you OP. Let's see... These are the ones I have in my collection (not entirely sure what 'bits' they are but they're from that era (or around then)):
  • Cotton Reboots and rereleases.
  • Neo-Geo Pocket Color collections.
  • Legend of Mana Remastered
  • SaGa Frontier
  • Capcom Belt Action Collection
  • Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9
  • Romancing Saga 3

Thanks! I missed Legend of Mana :)