• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's about that time.
Hopefully they put one up in the mountains like nintendo did recently, I liked watching videos of people going up there.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Lovely stuff! Starts to feel real, right...

Highlights how fucking weird this launch period is gonna be though. The pandemic instantly makes me wince at the sight of using a sofa and a controller in a public space like this. My local GAME store (UK too) won't let more than three customers in at a time and you're not allowed to touch anything on the shelves. You have to ask one of the two members of staff for the thing you want when you enter and they get it for you. You're only allowed to stand in the queue at the register.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The hype rises.

Got several sites set up to notify as soon as pre-orders go live. No way I'm missing out.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Hope they take enough precautions
make everyone wear gloves
and use hand sanitizers

For people to really experience to DualSense they probably won't make them wear gloves. If you hand sanny up before and after and have an attendant wipe off the controller between people I think you can achieve the same thing. Mask required of course.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Target stores near me removed all video game, phone, and tablet trial machines. Creating kiosks for new consoles right now feels like a bad idea. But I'm in the US where things are awful, so perhaps this works elsewhere. Regardless, I don't need a kiosk to convince me to pre order. Just let me do it.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
They probably wipe down the station after every use and have some social distancing lineup system in place. I would imagine anyways.

I still wouldn't use one lmao but it looks cool.

I'm just glad these next gen consoles didn't get delayed out of this year

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Sony planning to announce the price immediately after the Xbox game showcase I wonder?

Magio

Apr 14, 2020
Sony's gonna open pre-orders and tell people that the PS5 will be playable in select stores the day after Microsoft's conference aren't they? And they're announcing the August event and releasing a console teardown on Friday, right?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
sure hope the controllers are basically hosed down after every session

Didn't know Currys PC World went back into gaming, too. Last time I went into one looking for games was during the GameCube days and that was depressing.

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Best Buy will bring back playable demo systems like they use to have. We have a Switch kiosk.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Target stores near me removed all video game, phone, and tablet trial machines. Creating kiosks for new consoles right now feels like a bad idea. But I'm in the US where things are awful, so perhaps this works elsewhere.

It's not that much better here but it's starting to open up. Shops are still full of social distancing methods and, as of Friday, masks are mandatory in stores for the first time.

This feels like a calculated bet that in x weeks everyone will be back to normal.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Target stores near me removed all video game, phone, and tablet trial machines. Creating kiosks for new consoles right now feels like a bad idea. But I'm in the US where things are awful, so perhaps this works elsewhere. Regardless, I don't need a kiosk to convince me to pre order. Just let me do it.

In germany it is almost back to normal, well, the new normal, with facemask and sanitizer dispensers.
I hope the US will follow soon.

Nice design for a kiosk.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's laughable to me that Sony even feel the need to advertise in the UK. Everyone I know is PlayStation obsessed. Even casual gamers are all about the PS5 already. I'm the strange Nintendo guy to them lol even though I'll have a PS5 on day one.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
It's laughable to me that Sony even feel the need to advertise in the UK. Everyone I know is PlayStation obsessed. Even casual gamers are all about the PS5 already. I'm the strange Nintendo guy to them lol even though I'll have a PS5 on day one.
Still need to market its features, and when it's releasing etc

Midas

Oct 27, 2017

Good for Sony that you don't handle their marketing. 😂

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I somehow doubt Currys know anything. Retail stores will be finished post covid.

I'd imagine retail does know something, considering they'll be putting preorders up.
what a strange comment. You don't stay popular/on top by not doing anything. Do McDonalds/Samsung/Apple/Coca Cola/Disney just not bother advertising because they're at the top?

svnty6rs3

May 13, 2020
I assume it might be that astrobot demo that people can use to get familiar with the controller and then a sizzle reel of their other games. Awesome to see this going up though and hopefully we get some here in the states so i can go see the size of the console in real life.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
It's not that much better here but it's starting to open up. Shops are still full of social distancing methods and, as of Friday, masks are mandatory in stores for the first time.

This feels like a calculated bet that in x weeks everyone will be back to normal.
I would bet against this...

Oct 25, 2017

They will definitely maintain that mind share with no advertising. Why even bother!