• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I just want this game to satisfy my Star Wars itch and to be as good as Kotor and the Jedi Knight games

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm making a bet with my friends that this game will have MTX in the same vein as AC: Odyssey/Anthem.
They're betting on loot boxes for some online mode.

Neolombax

Nov 28, 2018
This is a surprise, I thought it was axed for some reason. I don't know what to expect honestly. Amazing light saber combat?

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Official logo is up
D3rxXUfW4AE5JIk

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm making a bet with my friends that this game will have MTX in the same vein as AC: Odyssey/Anthem.
They're betting on loot boxes for some online mode.

So if it has both you'll just break even, but what happens if neither? EA is probably looking for a PR boost and Respawn is their one studio that seems to operate mostly independently.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe its my low IQ but I can't seem to read this properly. Is it, "Star Wars _ Jedi _ Fallen Order " or "Star Wars Jedi _ Fallen Order" or "Star Wars _ Jedi Fallen Order"?

Anyways, I hope we get to see like 30 seconds of gameplay. I don't think I could handle another EA video of "GAME ENGINE FOOTAGE".

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe its my low IQ but I can't seem to read this properly. Is it, "Star Wars _ Jedi _ Fallen Order " or "Star Wars Jedi _ Fallen Order" or "Star Wars _ Jedi Fallen Order"?

Anyways, I hope we get to see like 30 seconds of gameplay. I don't think I could handle another EA video of "GAME ENGINE FOOTAGE".

The official name is Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
What happened to all of nightlife's posts?

As for the game I'm all Jedied out. I need a break from lightsaber based combat cause I'm not sure how revolutionary/fun it could be nowadays. Hoping that since you are a padawan right around order 66 you actually don't have a lightsaber until the end so it's not a clone of force unleashed.

Expect mtx in the form of ac odyssey; they are there but hopefully you can ignore them and it doesn't hurt the balance too much. I ignored them in far cry 5 and new dawn and haven't used the ubisoft cash I got in game at all.

Everybody seems to have mild excitement about it so I'll keep a guarded open mind.

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
I expect a combat system that mixes God of War and Uncharted and a linear story. So a more casual like game that is targeted to people who are in a Star Wars mood because of the last movie of the new trilogy.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just want a single player experience with a good story like many Star Wars games before. We already got 2 multiplayers Star Wars games this generation.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

I would love to know who at EA decided to splash it right in the logo.

I would have heavily advised against it
So the full title is: Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order EA?

They are using the same font (SW is up and EA is down) for all SW games
rendition1.img.jpg

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
I'm playing AC Odyssey now and didn't feel like mtx is affecting my game at all. If that's the extend of mtx in this star wars game, I'd be very happy I think.
I completely agree. I think Odyssey proves that MTX and loot boxes can be significantly more consumer friendly than we're used to, AND that they work just fine in singleplayer-only games. In an age of social media (and in game photo modes) your game doesn't have to be multiplayer for gamers to show off their gear to each other and drive sales envy.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
SW is a broad topic.

Loved the Original Trilogy, the most visually iconic movies ever made. Loved the old FPS and Space flight PC games based on them. Enjoyed EA's first battlefront/battlefield style game based on the OT.

Hated the prequels, some of the shittiest looking movies ever made, with terribly designed droids, ships and lore. Hated EA's second battlefront/battlefield style game with all the prequel levels and characters, cheesy, ugly, and uninspiring.

The recent movies and lore are somewhere in the middle of those two extremes.

Honestly, I hope they have some talented designers and artists, and do something along the lines of the cancelled 1313 game. Something that imagines the prequel universe doesn't exist.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
If the game has a single player campaign then I am definitely hyped(Not sure if it has a traditional campaign). Respawn is one of the best studios working today. It's just that I haven't been playing any mp games lately.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Waiting for EA to say:

Revan mask mtx
Maul's double bladed light saber mtx
Anakin's Sith robe mtx
Colour crystals mtx
Skill points to unlock every single skill ever mtx