• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game is a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Was worried about how unique character abilities would affect BR. So far, nothing seems too broken.

Except the servers.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Honestly though, I think F2P is a huge get for Apex. It puts someone like me who doesn't want to play for Blackout into a game that's just as good, if not better, and makes it available for everyone.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else getting "Party not ready" after readying up solo (I know, still in squads) on PC? How can my party not be readied when it's only me?

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Another BR on the market. It's crazy seeing all these devs who were once trend setters now just follow everyone else. I'm sure the game is good, but TitanFall was super unique when it launched and continues to be. New ideas just don't sell, or have to be very lucky to get an audience.

juventino13

Oct 27, 2017
Walmart
Another BR on the market. It's crazy seeing all these devs who were once trend setters now just follow everyone else. I'm sure the game is good, but TitanFall was super unique when it launched and continues to be. New ideas just don't sell, or have to be very lucky to get an audience.
You want trend setters with unique ideas, play some indie games. Video games these days are too expensive to make to take too many risks, most AAA's are playing it safe lately. Of course there's the occasional odd one out, but its becoming more of the norm to see big sequels instead of brand new ideas.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Not loving the feeling of guns in this game. They all have that same tinny, high-treble, not real impact kind of feel when I shoot them. Nothing feels "right" about movement, either. Movespeed when my weapons are holstered feels about right, but the moment I pull out a gun I feel like a slug.

Oct 26, 2017
Really disappointed movement mechanics have been dropped from Titanfall, I hope this game ends up being worth EA canning TF3...

RagdollRhino

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
It supports 30 less players and a smaller map than Blackout. I'd hope it had more graphic bells and whistles or it would be worrisome. That said, Blackout looks great considering the tech it's having to push.

Visually yes, but in terms of gameplay it looks better too. I'm not even into BR games and this looks like something I'd want to play.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Been watching streams and one thing that stands out to me is the UI feedback. The ping system is fantastic but the muzzle flashing next teammates' names when they're shooting is honestly genius. Can't wait to dive into this. Can anybody tell me if this requires PS+? (Probably doesn't but I'd best ask now)

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Been watching streams and one thing that stands out to me is the UI feedback. The ping system is fantastic but the muzzle flashing next teammates' names when they're shooting is honestly genius. Can't wait to dive into this. Can anybody tell me if this requires PS+? (Probably doesn't but I'd best ask now)

It doesn't.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
So I had NEVER played a Battle Royale game before Apex Legends, played 4-5 matches and just thought I'd give my impressions.

It's fun, but as an anti-competitive person who isn't a fan of PvP with games it didn't do anything to draw me into that world. I'm glad this was my first Battle Royale though, it was fun and I love how it looks, it runs very well too with very little loading times. In my third match I came second, it was heart pounding and crazy. The fact this game is like the mix of traditional Battle Royale mechanics mixed with those from a Hero Shooter works surprisingly well. The special/ultimate abilities are crazy to use and see from a distance. All the guns I used felt great and sounded great too.

It's not going to be for me, but I'm glad this exists because it was fun and I'll no doubt enjoy watching people play this as much as I did in the PUBG crazes height. I'll return to my single player story focused/PvE games now but glad to see so many people enjoying this - I can see why.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Peeps getting home from work putting the work on the servers.

I'm one of them, rip. Guess I'll make dinner instead.

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
There is zero evidence for that. Its not massively popular enough for them to change what they have been doing for 10+ years now.

New BR map in new CoD this year. Guaranteed.
Other than that's how the BR market works, they've already shown the first steps. Spinning MP and Blackout into it's own SKU was one and the other was testing free to play weekends on Blackout alone. Will there be a new map? Absolutely. Treyarch has a dedicated team that operates Blackout alone led by David Vonderhaar and you better believe that they'll launch a Modern Warfare inspired map. That map will exist alongside the Treyarch inspired one. The likely scenario is that the Black Ops map will go free to play and the new map will be rolled into MW4 for a while to boost sales. Much like PUBG and unlike Fortnite, Blackout most likely will feature multiple maps. My guess would be the "Black Ops" one we have now, a "Modern Warfare" map and likely one that merges what's left over. A WWII BR map would be pretty interesting as well.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Fun game. Runs like butter. Probably the best multiplayer FPS engine on PC other than Destiny 2. My only gripe is that I think they should spawn a bit more ammo with guns. I've been running out of ammo in early skirmishes way more often than I'd like.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any lore in this game? I know they said it takes place thirty years after TF2, and the guy in the opening scene sounded like Blisk (was that him?), but is there any story to this other than that?

Apr 27, 2018
May give it a try sometime. It sounds like fun. For those who have played it, how does it compare with other Battle Royale games?

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Just had a rando squad where me and another were downed and killed right near the start. Our teamy respawned both of us and we went on to have 5 kills each and win the match.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
May give it a try sometime. It sounds like fun. For those who have played it, how does it compare with other Battle Royale games?
I think it feels closest to Blackout, if Blackout controlled like Titanfall (minus wallrunning). However, the world feels a lot more interesting to me since there isn't usually as much open space (at least from what I've seen), and the character-specific abilities make forming your squad interesting. I also just really like the setting more.

I really like it so far.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
This seems damn solid mechanically, and the communication tools are killer

Xbone X version seems solid, but I'll download again on PC and see how that version runs

Status
Not open for further replies.