• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine Titans and Wall Running will be something that they can absolutely add in future content releases

Isn't one of the appeals in Titanfall that the maps are actually designed around wall running? Even if they did add wall running, it surely wouldn't be the same on a map not designed with wall running in mind

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Played a quick game while waiting for the complete install, seems very promising. Quite like the character designs. Do miss some of the movement tech from Titanfall but that also worked so well due to map design.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I cannot decide if this is running great or like ass on my PC.

I'm seriously bouncing between 40fps and 120fps @ 1440p. Fortunately my G-Sync monitor helps a lot. But the mouse acceleration feels... off.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't feel great to play, and it isn't easy on the eyes. Based on playing on the PS4 Pro.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
This is has and probably will be the only BR game that has grasped me. I will download and try.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Played a few hours, will continue tomorrow, hopefully with friends.

Guns and sliding feels as good as TF2, but boy do I miss the slidehop-wallrun combos. And I haven't played that game for 2 years now.
Tried 3 characters (Phase Shift, Grapple, Smoke) so far, all 3 felt strong on their own, had a victory and a 2nd place.

It will be interesting to see the meta, I'm a bit worried about snipers, but at least the ARs don't feel that strong at mid-long range.

Oh, and pls Respawn, have an option to use D-Pad in the menus. This Destiny-ACO cursor is driving me mad. It's not a bad implementation, but ffs, all menu elements are organized in a grid, why can't we just select them with the D-Pad?

Thing about this game is it's just a base experience right now and will probably be expanded on much more later, so you never know. There could easily be more characters and abilities added!

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Finally played a match. Having a grapple but no wallrunning is really weird and I feel limited without it. Creating ziplines is super cool.

To be honest, I'm not really seeing myself playing this as much as TF2.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
I always try to do some slide hopping and doublejumps.
I keep thinking it is a full-on tf game but it feels so sluggish.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I super suck still and I don't know the characters work but this seems super fun so far! Shooting feels good and the characters are cool, excited to see where they're going to take this.

One thing though, what's with only 3 people squads? I often play with 3 other friends. :(

Ometeotl

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How am I supposed to download this? The big featured ad on PSN says Play Now but only gives me the trailer and if I use the godawful search function on PSN it doesn't show up.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
This feels fun. I got a win with 4 kills on my second match, and I've been playing Not-Phase Shift.
Hopefully this'll have some longevity.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Isn't one of the appeals in Titanfall that the maps are actually designed around wall running? Even if they did add wall running, it surely wouldn't be the same on a map not designed with wall running in mind

Probably, but I doubt it would really mess much up honestly. We're so early in this game's life to make a call one way or the other. Excited to see how it grows.

Oct 28, 2017
New Zealand
I can't get into any matches at all on the X. I've been stuck in matchmaking queues for the last hour or so. It's currently telling me there's 57 players in queue. My NAT is open so that shouldn't the problem. I wonder if there's regional matchmaking that's causing this?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Still not sure if I 100% like the standard aim controller settings. Doesn't feel perfectly optimized.

Yes we have a lot of options, but I have no idea what to change.

Oct 27, 2017
It's very good, could even carve off a huge chunk of Fortnite but if I had the choice between this and Titanfall 3 existing I would kill Apex Legends without thinking a nanosecond about it.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Been watching a friend livestream this at work and I'm pretty pumped to try this when I can find time to queue up with him and my brother in the near future.

The backlash is puzzling to me. If this was a Titanfall game it'd be called Titanfall -- they literally did exactly what everyone suggests when a series game changes things up and people's biggest reaction is "well it's a great [genre] game, but it's not a great [franchise] game. Should have called it something else."

smh
It's just a bit disappointing that Respawn have gone from making the incredibly well designed Titanfall games to a somewhat uninspired and generic BR game...

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Jesus, that's like the anti-life equation to me. F2p with reasonably priced cosmetic shit I'm ok with, but those damned battlepasses in EA's hands are gonna be an abomination.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Up to Level 5, I'm really starting to feel this game. But it also makes me want to fire up a few matches of TF2. The movement in Apex feels pretty good, but it sure isn't the smooth parkour of Titanfall. And I need to get used to the different grapplr in Apex, because the physics are way off.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
The lack of wall running and such is baffling. All the cool movement options from the last two Titanfall games gone.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I love Respawn and the combat of TF2 so I'll definitely be downloading it. Sucks that there are no Titans, but I can see why it might be problematic in a BR mode.

Edit: we need wallrunning though

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the Giant Bomb stream, this seems cool but also I would get sooooooooo wrecked and I don't have a crew so I guess I'm out.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
played 4 games on Xbox one X. Not my thing.

Game looks pretty rough on a 55Inch 4k tv. Like it has the high resolution with very low detail.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. That's strong coming from you.

The response seems to be wildly positive. Will download as soon as I get home.

Don't get me wrong - I'm missing Classic Titanfall every day of my life. But I also loooove Battle Royale (I regularly play Blackout, PUBG and Fortnite and have dabbled with Realm Royale) and this is massively scratching the itch while also getting me back into the Titanfall universe. I'm incredibly happy!

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this needs solo mode. Not interested in continually queuing up with people who don't communicate or work together as a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.