• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
People that are playing it, how hard is in on your computer? It's a source game so it shouldn't be extremely demanding right?

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
vader.jpg

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So I don't wanna toot our own horn, but we flew all the way from Australia to LA last week and it's been painstakingly hard watching all the mis information in this thread.

We asked Respawn about why the game is releasing so close to Anthem, why there's no Titans/Wall Running and what's happening with TItanfall 3. You can find it all here.

https://press-start.com.au/tag/apex-legends/

Oct 27, 2017
USA
So the Origin page says "a free-to-play* Battle Royale shooter " and never explains what the * is all about.

Ideas? Am I overlooking something simple?

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Got it downloaded on Xbox. Looks right up my street.

Let's see 🤞

Edit: took a couple of attempts but I'm in.

Free loot for EA access too

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
From that Eurogamer link-
"Cross-progress and cross-purchases, however, will never be possible in Apex Legends"

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
^EA would never ever let cross purchases happen. They are way too greedy for that

So this is ONLY battle royale? No TDM, CTF, etc?

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Really not sold on the look of it.

Set in a Titanfall universe, but no Titans (I'm ok with that), and no wall running (something I wish it had). Also it's hero based rather than blank slate characters, and I hate the focus on heros in games now. Also, too many weird abilities (something Blackout actually managed to avoid).

Stuff like being able to see through walls and teleport. Blackout is surprisingly subdued on perks and shit, considering it's a Call of Duty game.

But Apex is free to play, so I guess it won't hurt to try.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You're being ridiculous. If you choose to play with a PC friend then you accept playing with other PC folks. That doesn't mean by default that Xbox players are getting tossed in with PC players.
Maybe others in my team don't want to play with someone who is at a natural disadvantage though. This isn't a 2 player co-op game. Listen, there's a reason barely any shooter ever attempted this in a serious manner.

Oct 28, 2017
Fears are definitely allayed with this. I do wish we'd get Titanfall mechanics like Titans and wall-running, but at least they kept all the cool gadgets and expanded upon them.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Does this have cross progession or cross buy? Can I play on the PC then hop over to the PS4 and pickup where I left off?

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I don't really like BR games at all for various reasons but if it's squad based this might be different so i think i will give it a go.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That's a pair of really good trailers. I'm in for a few rounds to see what this is about.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Alright about to give it a shot.

Sigh i just wish they added TDM as a little side thing (here's hoping)because after dying then having to leave the game find a new one just ain't it when i think of the fast paced gameplay respawn gives.

Status
Not open for further replies.