• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Is Xbox live taking a hit on download speeds ? Or has my internet speed decided to take a major speed dive for no reason ?

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
This will be a nightmare with randoms, I hope they have a mercenary playlist right out of the gate or this won't be fun for most people.

Nov 15, 2017
Apex Legends |OT| You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.
OP title has been validated lol.

The game looks awesome. Cant wait to download and try it.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
The Ping system I think personally is one of the biggest evolutions, they mentioned briefly. But being able to call out almost anything is really nice, it sounds simple but its really intuitive and useful.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Why does EA insist on putting out Respawn games right next to EA's own IP? They drop Titanfall 2 next to CoD and Battlefield 1 with relatively little advertising, now Apex Legends comes out just before Anthem with ZERO pre-launch hype...

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"We couldn't make a Battle Royale game that doesn't have respawning."

I thought permadeath was pretty much a defining characteristic of Battle Royale games?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like BR without the down time. To their credit they really seem like they are putting their own spin and flavor on it and not just cashing in.

lordon24

Feb 5, 2018
I am soloer mostly, no solo option absolutely kills it for me. Such a shame as the game really looks intriguing.

Pabz

Oct 25, 2017
Don't doubt Respawn people. Man this makes me even more hyped for Jedi Fallen Order

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
It looks really good in the stream but its made for having confrontations, nonstop, action action action and I can see it being suuuuuuper frustrating when you jump in and die over and over again and then have to search a whole new round.

Oct 27, 2017
Today Electronic Arts Inc and Respawn Entertainment launched Apex Legends™, a free-to-play* battle royale shooter available right now on Origin for PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One. Set in the Titanfall™ universe, Apex Legends shakes up the battle royale genre with a cast of unique characters, squad-based gameplay, innovative mechanics and more.

Apex Legends delivers a squad-based battle royale experience with a uniquely Respawn flavor. Players will select from one of eight Legends - each with their own unique abilities and playstyles - and the last team standing wins. Combatants can choose from unique characters like Bloodhound, the tracker who can see recent enemy activity on the map, or Lifeline, a battlefield medic who can shield teammates and bring them back from the brink of death. Balanced squads and teamwork are critical, as each Legend is easy to pick up and learn, but challenging to master.

The first season of Apex Legends is scheduled to kick off in March and will give players the opportunity to purchase a Battle Pass to gain access to exclusive cosmetic items earned through gameplay. Apex Legendswill follow a seasonal model with each themed season bringing new content to the game in the form of new weapons, new Legends, new skins and more.

https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/pr...lable-Now-on-PC-PS4-and-Xbox-One/default.aspx

Livestream ongoing:

if only every game was released like this LOL

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I had written off Battle Royale entirely, but that Titanfall universe has so much potential, I can't skip this. Downloading now!

Virtu Al

Oct 25, 2017
Italy, Rome
It looks really awesome and well polished. it's from Respawn so it doesn't surprise me. Unluckily I'm afraid it won't be for me as I seem to lose interest in multiplayer-focused experiences very quickly :( Hope you guys have fun with it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.