• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dweeb

Feb 4, 2018
GTAV is the game I'm always stuttering in too heh. Yeah I read those other reports but I just don't see why you should be stuttering. Strange stuff.

Dusan Jovic

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Crashes for me on full screen, so yeah, other than that works normally, not gonna waste money until it's fixed :/ Shame needed new JRPG to play

Oct 31, 2017
man this fucking battle system is killing me lol....i need to watch a tutorial. shits hard

Definitely do that. Because there's a lot of simple solutions to things. There's a boss in Chapter 5 where, on my first attempt at finishing the game, I had immense trouble with and I ended up beating it after hours of grinding and the battle took forever anyways. This time through, though, I beat it in like 1 minute using one character.

The guy who commented before me gave good advice. There's a lot to pay attention to tbh. Gun customization can make a world of difference, along with bullets and grenades. And doing side quests and those red hex fights to get extra Bezel shards help, too.

Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing how I forgot how amazing this game is even though I beat it a few times on 360 and got 1000/1000 gamerscore with it 8 years ago. I spent around 250 to 300 hours on the game, which is probably tied with Blue Dragon, Star Ocean 4 and Infinite Undiscovery on the most I played a game last gen.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i wish i can forget everything about this game so i can play it again. But I played way too much on ps3 to consider rebuying on ps4

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Remember to mod your weapons. Those modifications will help you in battles.

Also remember this, scratch damage your enemies first (blue damage, SMG). After that, you can use a handgun or grenade to turn that scratch damage into actual damage and finish the enemy. This is actually faster and more useful than doing only direct damage since enemies are less resistant to scratch damage.

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
One thing I remember from my PS3 playthrough long ago: the game doesn't make it clear to you, but you can rotate the gun parts in order to squeeze even more of them onto your guns. The barrel doesn't have to face to the left on the schematic; it can be in any direction. I had crazy scopes all over the place.

Also, I remember there being an exploit where you could buy some item on one stratum of Basel and go sell it on another for more than you paid, making it easier to pile up all the money you'll need for those beautiful fashion choices that are everywhere!

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder why Sega didn't publish this remaster given they published the game on PS3/360.

Anyways will get later. I think this really released at the wrong time.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Remember to mod your weapons. Those modifications will help you in battles.

Also remember this, scratch damage your enemies first (blue damage, SMG). After that, you can use a handgun or grenade to turn that scratch damage into actual damage and finish the enemy. This is actually faster and more useful than doing only direct damage since enemies are less resistant to scratch damage.

That's actually the whole point of the combat system that no one seems to get.

Enemies also have different body parts, indicated by the bars around them. If one is near breaking focus on it.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One thing I remember from my PS3 playthrough long ago: the game doesn't make it clear to you, but you can rotate the gun parts in order to squeeze even more of them onto your guns. The barrel doesn't have to face to the left on the schematic; it can be in any direction. I had crazy scopes all over the place.

Also, I remember there being an exploit where you could buy some item on one stratum of Basel and go sell it on another for more than you paid, making it easier to pile up all the money you'll need for those beautiful fashion choices that are everywhere!
Apparently the money trick got patched.

OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
I did the money trick on PS3 like a month or two ago so I'm not sure if it was actually patched out?

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Damn it sucks the US version don't get theme and avatar..... I should have just gone for JP version yesterday.

Seraphic

Oct 29, 2017
Damn it sucks the US version don't get theme and avatar..... I should have just gone for JP version yesterday.

Seems you can still get them if you buy the JPN version. Just no longer get the discount. I might do that. If anyone buys the USA version, could you let me know if get the Theme/Avatar?

OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it's purchasable now. I'm 31 cents short, ahaha.

Time to grab a card or link my cc and remove after.

:( @ no bonuses

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Seems you can still get them if you buy the JPN version. Just no longer get the discount. I might do that. If anyone buys the USA version, could you let me know if get the Theme/Avatar?
yeah it sucks because the discount is gone now... and the avatar is tied to the account so basically I can't use the avatar on the US account...
At least you can use the theme I guess...

Zexen

Oct 27, 2017
I read on the steam forum that it doesn't work on PC.
Well, no need for tricks when it comes to money on PC, using Cheat Engine, I'd say it's the easiest thing to cheat on in about every single player games.

Just search for 4 bytes value, input your current amount of money, spend some or earn some, enter your new value, hit next scan, rinse repeat until there's only a couple of addresses showing up, done. Now you just have to modify it's current value to the wanted one, and you're good.

You can also use different scan types, be it upper/lower than value.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
DpzU3hCUwAAA-0L.jpg:small

At this point they really should edit the English site. :P