• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I... I know this is "Y can't metroid crawl" levels of stupid questions, but here goes anyway?

How do I get to the Cafe in the very first mission? I fixed the bridge by putting one of the hexes on it, but no matter what I try I can't seem to put a hex tile on the path to the cafe. I can put hexes on tiles that are already open, and I can walk on but... that doesnt seem to DO anything?

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
Really nice job on the OP. The original game was one of my favorites of the PS3/360/Wii era. Loved the battle system, the different outfits, and gradually filling in the map with the puzzle pieces you earn in battle. As well as the fairly disjointed, comedic tone of the game. Pater was the man!

Will there be a physical release?

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
So glad that PS4 theme doesn't have Home Sweet Home playing on background, or I'd double dip just for it.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I... I know this is "Y can't metroid crawl" levels of stupid questions, but here goes anyway?

How do I get to the Cafe in the very first mission? I fixed the bridge by putting one of the hexes on it, but no matter what I try I can't seem to put a hex tile on the path to the cafe. I can put hexes on tiles that are already open, and I can walk on but... that doesnt seem to DO anything?

You need to put hexes on the tiles next to the cafe. You can't place one on the cafe tile itself from what I can remember.

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minor text oversight on PC lol.
bc04e6b17c.png

Game also has some weird framerate issues. Dips to 45-50fps when initiating a hero action, even though the GPU and CPU are barely being utilized. This is at 4K DSR with maxed settings.
26270829e5.png

Also there's no option to exit the game from the main menu, you have to alt-tab then kill the process. Alt-F4 doesn't even work.

OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017

Locations often span more than one hex. Try clearing one hex around the cafe and it'll pop up like a pop up book.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Man, why did this game have to come out now...I really shouldn't be buying more games and especially not double dipping LOL

Dec 23, 2017
The $35 price tag caught me by surprise. >.<

I thought it was going to be 20 or 25 bucks, I'm 10 bucks short. Ah well, I'll wait for a sale or something.

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Im dumb. Thank you!

Other news, game crashed twice now right after returning the broken watch to the maid. So... that's fun?

Other question if you dont mind? I can't seem to trigger bonus shots in combat. I could do it in the arena training mission, but they never show up normally it looks like. Am i doing somethign wrong?

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Minor text oversight on PC lol.

Game also has some weird framerate issues. Dips to 45-50fps when initiating a hero action, even though the GPU and CPU are barely being utilized. This is at 4K DSR with maxed settings.

Also there's no option to exit the game from the main menu, you have to alt-tab then kill the process. Alt-F4 doesn't even work.

Yeah, there's some weird sttutering going on. Hopefully the experts can explain us why because it isn't due to the lack of performance.

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, noticed some weird stuttering too. Hopefully Kaldaien works his magic on this game too, but I suppose its better not to expect him to fix everything that comes out.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
One of the few JRPGs I got 1000/1000 and got my 360 copy signed by Nolan North. I loved this game when I got 100% and it probably wouldn't change today.

I have it on my wishlist but I don't think my laptop can run it so it stays there for support. I hope more people get a chance to try it out on PC. If I had a PS4, I would have gotten the dynamic theme for the hell of it.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
One of the few JRPGs I got 1000/1000 and got my 360 copy signed by Nolan North. I loved this game when I got 100% 7 years ago and it probably wouldn't change today.

I have it on my Steam wishlist but I don't think my laptop can run it so it stays there for support. I hope more people get a chance to try it out on PC. If I had a PS4, I would have gotten the dynamic theme for the hell of it.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
How does the game run on PS4? I hated this game initially but the music and setting kept pushing me forward. Then the combat clicked and it became one of my favorite JRPGs of all time.

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Are the colors supposed to be kinda washed out? Or is something wrong? Everything has a slightly grayish tint to it.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Regional pricing is a thing in some countries, it's there to balance with lower average life level and salaries in region
Slightly off-topic, want to know something funny? I sent an email to Gaben some years ago about how in Panama our salaries are quite low despite our currency is the US Dollar and yet we don't have regional pricing store wide (Valve games were the minority). His reply was to have all Valve games have the same price as in the United States.

OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Im dumb. Thank you!

Other news, game crashed twice now right after returning the broken watch to the maid. So... that's fun?

Other question if you dont mind? I can't seem to trigger bonus shots in combat. I could do it in the arena training mission, but they never show up normally it looks like. Am i doing somethign wrong?

They're by chance, but can get them by blasting the enemy into the air and just doing consecutive hits.You'll get them more often as you progress. You'll also get bonuses to knock down or gauge break chances. I also think enemies have more resistance to being thrown airborne depending on their size and type.

Also, if you're just starting out, consider buying Auto-Trigger accessories and putting them on everyone until you're more comfortable with timing your shots. They make it so you Attack at the end of your turn as long as you have one charge.

BaraSailey

Oct 25, 2017
Really nice work on the OT, Luminaire! I'm waiting to pick this one up in November since RDR2 comes out next week, but I'm happy this got a port and I can't wait to play it again. Hopefully this time I can I finally beat it, haha.

OP
OP
Luminaire

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Really nice work on the OT, Luminaire! I'm waiting to pick this one up in November since RDR2 comes out next week, but I'm happy this got a port and I can't wait to play it again. Hopefully this time I can I finally beat it, haha.

Thank you!

I hope to beat it this time around too. I lost 48 hours of progress on PS3 and my recent run through got halted when this was announced.

Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Playing this game brings me back...

the narrative also makes a lot more sense already after having already played it before.

Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Not sure if I am doing this correctly. Tried loading a save and switch between low res and high res textures. Maybe my settings are off or something

old res textures (with reshade)
resonanceoffate2018-17ydya.jpg

new res textures (with reshade)
resonanceoffate2018-107eb4.jpg

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Really nice OT! Will buy on PC as soon as I can, even though it's a really busy period.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Bought! Though I'm holding off on starting until I get to the end of Dragon Quest XI. I'm right at the final stretch, though!
Not sure if I am doing this correctly. Tried loading a save and switch between low res and high res textures. Maybe my settings are off or something

old res textures (with reshade)
resonanceoffate2018-17ydya.jpg

new res textures (with reshade)
resonanceoffate2018-107eb4.jpg
Hrmm. The textures look extremely like they were scaled up through waifu2x.

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
Great screenshots! I wonder if you can force SGSSAA with this game. I'll give it a go myself tonight after work, I suppose.

d00d3n

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Great screenshots! I wonder if you can force SGSSAA with this game. I'll give it a go myself tonight after work, I suppose.
That seems highly unlikely. The game uses directx 11. The game folder consists of two large data files, a folder with movie files, an exe and steam_api64.dll. There are no ini files in the game folder or the save folder. The game uses some kind of internal tri-Ace engine as far as I know (ASKA framework?). I am not sure how you would force SGSSAA.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
One random little thing I noticed; The PC button prompts look like they're specifically for a Steam Controller.

The image quality is a bit poo... Though it did seem to let me select 4K resolution despite only having a 4K monitor, maybe downsampling can happen without any external fiddling. Only got to play for a little bit before I had to go to classes, why do games have to come out on wednesdays?

EDIT: In fact, the button prompts totally are for a Steam Controller. The D-Pad is shown as the SC's left touchpad. In fact, the game has native Steam Input support.

And yes, you can set the resolution independent of your actual monitor resolution, so downsampling ahoy!

Last edited: