• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jul 2, 2021
Resident Evil Village will get a third-person mode.
The expansion "Shadows of Rose" is entirely in third-person.

dd.jpg

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Very cool. DLC looks good, and wasn't what I was expecting - which is good. I'm glad they've gotten this franchise back on track.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Hopefully this means REIX will have the option in the future, I tolerated FP RE but I greatly prefer third person

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I will now happily purchase RE:VIII instead of just renting it. Still don't like Ethan, but a third person mode is a decent consolation.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
Very hyped that the DLC will be a sequel and not the pandering Lady Demitrescu origin story I was dreading it would be.

Other upgrades seem rad too!

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

THIRD PERSON SUPREMACY

JUST BEFORE THE RETURN OF THE KING WITH 4 TOO

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
will buy the DLC on PC

holding off on a PS5 purchase until I know if the PSVR2 version will be a separate purchase or a patch

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I guess since a lot of ppl wanted this view, hopefully this means that future titles will have this option too.

My wife is excited that she can finally play it because the first-person view in this game made her sick.

Last edited:

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game's finally fixed, took them long enough.

Hope this mode is as fully featured as RE2/RE3 and not just half baked.

Adamastor

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Guess I'll buy it now. I'm not an FPS player, so it's nice to see it make a move to 3rd person. Hopefully the next instalments follow suit or at least give people the option.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
RE8 being third person means it'll finally be good

smug-wojak-unisex-crewneck-sweatshirt.jpg

As someone who do not like FPS, I have to say RE7 made me go "well, it feels justified and every aspect of this game is designed around it". It was going great with the immersion they went with, the atmosphere, slower gameplay, it worked really well and it sold me on their take.

Needless to say I felt completely differently about RE8 outside of a couple iconic moments. So not only am I not surprised they're doing that (and moving away from it entirely with Rose and 4), I welcome it greatly.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah I hoped for a FOV slider, but got the absolute best case scenario for my motion sickness problem. Thank you Capcom!

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a friend who swore he would buy this if it were third person, now to make them lol

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Not the type of DLC I expected. Gah, I really hope Rose is the protagonist of Apocalypse/IX. Though she may just get a spin-off.
I wonder how the cutscenes will work. Switching into FP or did they redo them entirely?
Seems way too massive of an undertaking, cutscenes will probably be first person with maybe exception for some very easy sequences.

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
Yeah, I gotta pick up a copy. First person RE games were never my jam but I will play it in third person no problem.

Great news.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Well I recently restarted resi viik after not getting to finish it when it released.

So the show spoiled the game and killed my intention to continue with the coming 3rd person mode!

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to Rose's dlc.
Making the dlc for what was originally a first person game in third person is an interesting decision.
This along with the new third person mode for Village makes me think that the days of first person RE are over.
I wonder if Rose will become the new face of the franchise.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Would be hilarious if they still hide Ethan's face in third person. Like only barely show his face and never fully.

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
Wow, this is nice. I still have the game in the shrinkwrap since I never got around to actually playing it. I might wait for this.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
Shadows of Rose is the furthest in the future we've ever been in this timeline, by a significant factor, is it not?

I'm curious to see what all has occurred in these 20 years or whatever.

Jun 2, 2019
FINALLY, THIRD PERSON VILLAGE! CAPCOM HAS COME TO REASON! NOW I CAN PLAY THIS GAME! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Now I just hope this means Resident Evil 9 will be Third Person too.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Now add fixed camera mode with classic Resident Evil music playing when you get chased by Lady D.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Yes! As dumb as it sounds, the new RE games being first person made them less interesting to me, and I never played them because of that. Will definitely get Village when this update comes out.