• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
www.ign.com

Resident Evil Village: The Evolution of Lady Dimitrescu and Her Daughters – IGN First - IGN

Bringing a castle of one hundred witches back to pure horror.

zHhTJAs.png

Tons of concept art and details about her design.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I can totally see them providing a DLC focused JUST around the castle and these ladies. I am almost certain she's going to be the next Salazar and people will be left wanting more.

except maybe not because the one actress died.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, I hadn't realized that you can see her underwear under her dress (kinda reminds me of Monica Bellucci's outfit in Matrix Reloaded)

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the focus on her after the internet creepily embarrassed itself has me worried re8 might pull what ubisoft did with far cry 3

stop being weird, everyone
reading the article, it seems to be by design

This horror experience in which a relatively weak male character is terrorised by imposing women seems to draw inspiration from a type of sadomasochistic fantasy that is rarely seen in videogames.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This horror experience in which a relatively weak male character is terrorised by imposing women seems to draw inspiration from a type of sadomasochistic fantasy that is rarely seen in videogames.
Its going to awaken a lot of people that's for sure

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
In order to guide the series into bold new directions, Sato says that in the planning stages he encouraged the team to try out as many unusual ideas as possible. "We are not the type of team that starts with a niche idea and starts expanding on that little by little," Sato explains. "When trying out new ideas, we start by pursuing something extreme. As we progress, the idea usually starts deviating from pure horror. So in the end we have to bring the experience back to horror."

According to Takano, the hundred witches in the original concept were to be mostly naked. A giant countess and her three creepy daughters is what that idea became once the team "brought it back to horror."

JdqB18t.gif

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
the jokes were funny at first but now the horniness is just cringe, sorry y'all

all the corpses being male is pretty fitting now though 😂

Plumpman

Jan 24, 2018
The only thing I'm focused on is how terrifying the WHOLE game looks. Looking at some of the other enemy designs.
I can't wait to not move and sit in a corner with 3d audio headphones.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Really glad they dialed it back from the hundred naked witches, what they have now is way more appealing

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if ign will also have an article about the environmental design. I am a huge sucker for this type of horror setting, would love to read about how it was chosen.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Some of y'all take shit too seriously and it shows. Give me more of the ridiculous memes.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Boys Club Rhetoric
The nude mods for this are gonna make me nuuuut

Oh no I hope the witches don't catch me

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
I'm not really into the Lady Dimitrescu thing, but I do love these (faux?) innocent interviews from the developers...

"Oh yes, we thought making the woman 9-feet tall would be very scary! And these big giant heels she can stomp you with, also very scary. Oh? People seem to like this? Oh my. How delightful. Hee hee..."

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
yeah this is exactly what i was on about, at the most I expect she'll be in it as much as jack was in re7
Ubisoft still did it worse, I think, by pushing Vaas through all the marketing and stuff. Lady Dimitrescu just showed up in the first bit of real gameplay we saw and the internet kind of ran with it, I don't think they ever intended her to be the main antagonist or even imply that she was.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
unknown.png

This is (quite literally) fire.

I don't like repeating myself with how inspired everything from this game feels, but holy shit folks.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
How can we get her in a fighting game? Street Fighter just go ahead and do it, we cant wait for a never-happening MvC sequel

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
The designs of D and her witches are just so fucking good.

I legit had a nightmare earlier this week where the witches made an appearance.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
As someone pointed out to me, the initials of her and her daughter's names are ABCD. With Eveline in 7 that's ABCDE.

Eveline belonged to a class of bioweapon called the E-series/type. There's also a D-series mentioned in the game. Notes from outside the game also mention the existence of A, B and C-series. I wonder what that's all about, and if that'll play into the story at all.

How can we get her in a fighting game? Street Fighter just go ahead and do it, we cant wait for a never-happening MvC sequel

We need Capcom All-Stars

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I think Capcom is capitalizing too much on Lady Dimitrescu now that they've seen the reactions that she got.
Especially considering that
she's not even the main villain, she's just a sub-boss

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
Its stuff like this that makes me think Capcom is bullshitting when their leaked internal doc said they're gonna be better when it comes to women. According to Takano, the hundred witches in the original concept were to be mostly naked. A giant countess and her three creepy daughters is what that idea became once the team "brought it back to horror." Seriously? They're not even trying to hide the fact that Lady D is fetish fuel. And that was before they started talking about feet.

Jul 10, 2020
Not going to lie, I like Lady Dimitrescu ALOT..

But this article is starting to make it really weird.

I liked the cosplays and fan art and stuff...

But this is getting kinda of gross.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Guadagnino's Suspiria was an inspiration for some of this.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't. The VVitch seems to have been an inspiration, and they probably took inspiration from Blair Witch again. They seem pretty keyed on with witch lore with the three daughters, and the three generations of witches, as well as the demo being called Maiden.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Not going to lie, I like Lady Dimitrescu ALOT..

But this article is starting to make it really weird.

I liked the cosplays and fan art and stuff...

But this is getting kinda of gross.
There is going to be some talk leading up to the game's release next month. It's best to ignore it and just play the game when it comes out. They're clearly leaning into marketing involving her due to her unexpected popularity. They think it'll grab tons of sales.

Jul 10, 2020
There is going to be some talk leading up to the game's release next month. It's best to ignore it and just play the game when it comes out. They're clearly leaning into marketing involving her due to her unexpected popularity. They think it'll grab tons of sales.

It's a really bad look.

I like tall lady alot, but pivoting into just rampant sexualization and fetish fuel is kind of .... eh you know?

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Things is, with everything that leaked, I'm not even sure what is commonly known and what's not.

I guess. But there hasn't really been a ton of marketing materials at this point. There's the trailers, the making of, the couple dev vids with Pete Fabiano and the director/producers, the demo, the IGN PS4 Pro demo, the short ass video they did with that one athlete, the map, key art, and a couple articles about Lady D.

I'm more or less on the ball with what's a spoiler and what's not, since I've ignored most of the leaks aside from the really early one that mentioned the basic stuff like witches, werewolves, zombies with medievil weapons, European snowy village + castle, RE4 inspiration (attache case and merchant), protag Ethan and Chris involvement.

Oct 27, 2017
This remains a weird meme. Great character design but the "thirst" jokes is kind of annoying at this point. I guess we got more behind the scenes details like this because of it though.