• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
"Son...you've got a way to fall."

4njgamy0dyz51.jpg

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
So the spoiler is...

...that Chris is a werewolf? Am I understanding that right?

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think this is just because the enemies are werewolves and Chris is dark and brooding, the two most memorable things so far.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Hallucinations/Symbolism.

I don't think the series has jumped the shark enough yet to actually turn Chris into a warewolf.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Aw shit...

but yeah it could be a ruse or just artwork meant to display the games themes

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Chris has been very bland for...basically since the first game compared to Resi's other heroes. Maybe Capcom decided to make him a Fallen Hero/Werewolf/Wesker clone?

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
They're going full Val Helsing with Chris, he goes back and forth between human form and werewolf because of the virus.
Kinda like Mia in 7.

Oct 25, 2017
Chris being a stalker enemy punching his way through walls would be pretty terrifying.

Hallucinations/Symbolism.

I don't think the series has jumped the shark enough yet to actually turn Chris into a warewolf.

They've infected main characters before though. Jill even became an enemy. Could definitely see them infecting Chris with whatever virus turns people into werewolves.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't the entire plot of this game leak earlier in the year?

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I mean.....we GOT Killer bat's in RE0 so I'm down for some werewolves.

Chances we'll see mummies in RE9?

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
After thinking about this yesterday, when it got out? If they were at all serious about this, this would actually be a great way to resolve a number of things involving Chris.

On one hand, assuming he doesn't go evil-crazy and/or dead, but doesn't get cured, it means that Chris can live on as some one BOW-army that can continue to wage war against bioterrorism all he wants. So what if he's knocking at the door of 50, he's a werewolf-styled metahuman, now! He may not even stay a member of the BSAA, anymore, which could ALSO give Jill a reason to get back in the field, on the same token (because no good "partner" would just let the other be out in the wind, like that).

And on the other paw...if he stays a werewolf, it'd effectively mean that Capcom would ALWAYS have a reason to not have to concern themselves with Chris's ever-changing face, anymore. Just chalk that up the "infection"! :lol

Hogendaz85

Dec 6, 2017
Maybe at some point in the game Ethan and Chris wear wolf masks to blend in so they can sneak out of a building or a cave or some woods...yeah that's probably it

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
RE community: Chris Redfield is a gay furry that punches boulders and constantly yells at Leon Kennedy about the Redfield bloodline

RE community: We... know?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The hottest best RE boi turns out to be a werewolf. I am incredibly okay with this.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
They tried to fake us out with Chris in Revelations, too. So I'm not believing that Chris is a hairy wolf boi until I see it first hand.