• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
It does seem odd to me that they'd be so slavishly locked in to whatever plot/project outlines they are working on right now to not react to how positively people have enjoyed Village and want more of it. Sure, they've done mocap work pretty far out for their past handful of projects which at the very least would seem to indicate that if they were to do any DLC for Village, it would be a little ways off. Then again, I have to wonder how COVID affected the development of Village- seems like they got a bunch of the mocap done in 2019 before COVID, but with all the pre-release leaks and rumors hinting at way more material in Village getting cut, would they be able to repurpose some of that for DLC? Maybe they already had some material like stuff with Elena done but it was ultimately cut?

Seems crazy to me that Capcom would be working basically so far ahead into the future that they wouldn't have any way to react at all to feedback and positive sentiment towards Village and make more money off of it with some single player DLC. Then again, maybe they toss in some extra single player DLC in a year or so if they do a VR version of Village?

It boggles the mind that Capcom wouldn't find a way to capitalize more off of Lady Dimitrescu and the popularity of the other villains and the Village setting somehow with extra content one way or another. That's the thing really- the marketing for Village did a good job playing up Dimitrescu beyond her scope in the real game. Now what if they actually gave her center stage in a full DLC or something and marketed it as such?

Either some prequel DLC with the House Lords or some Return to Castle DImitrescu DLC that has some handwavey RE mumbo jumbo how crystal Dimitrescu was able to resurrect or something would print money for Capcom and market itself.

People were super positive for RE2R, and it got nothing other than the freebie DLC announced before the game came out, too. And people were demanding RE3 DLC... albeit not because they were super enthusiastic about that game (every time SteamDB got updated, someone was super sure it'd be the Clock Tower, I mean it'd be crazy for them not to do that, right?, even after that interview where they said the game was finished). Like, from most indications, RE might be annualized for the foreseeable future, which means the creators are going to be busy with the next game. Hell, rumor was it a while back that Capcom Dev1 had taken the reigns on the RE4 remake over disputes with MTwo (MTwo had apparently wanted to scrap most of what they had).

From what little I know, you can't just decided to add DLC right when the game comes out, it needs to be in the planning stages for a while beforehand--like different company and genre, but Doom 2016's only single-player addition was a free mode that just cut out the plot and added scoring, because for whatever reason Id or Bethesda thought people would care about the multiplayer rather than the single player (and they wouldn't course correct with single player DLC until Doom Eternal).

You capitalize off of Lady D and the others with Funko Pops and T-Shirts. Cheaper, easier, and doesn't require you to go about changing your plans.

Who knows, maybe they are planning something--I doubt it, but maybe--if it is something only in response to the Lady D memes, rather than something they've had in the planning since before the game was announced... I don't think it'll be much good.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
The agent in the final scene with Rose is so weird. First he mocks her, then when she threatens him he's just like, "It's just a joke bro!" And then suddenly he's talking about Ethan as if he knew him and letting Rose off the hook for threatening him?

Anyway, can't wait for this to lead into the DMC crossover we've all been waiting for starring the half-BOW BOW-slayer.

Edit: Oh my god it's Parasite Eve. Capcom is making Parasite Eve starring the RE universe's Heather Mason. You can't restrain the hype now. It's too late.

Last edited:

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
People were super positive for RE2R, and it got nothing other than the freebie DLC announced before the game came out, too. And people were demanding RE3 DLC... albeit not because they were super enthusiastic about that game (every time SteamDB got updated, someone was super sure it'd be the Clock Tower, I mean it'd be crazy for them not to do that, right?, even after that interview where they said the game was finished). Like, from most indications, RE might be annualized for the foreseeable future, which means the creators are going to be busy with the next game. Hell, rumor was it a while back that Capcom Dev1 had taken the reigns on the RE4 remake over disputes with MTwo (MTwo had apparently wanted to scrap most of what they had).

From what little I know, you can't just decided to add DLC right when the game comes out, it needs to be in the planning stages for a while beforehand--like different company and genre, but Doom 2016's only single-player addition was a free mode that just cut out the plot and added scoring, because for whatever reason Id or Bethesda thought people would care about the multiplayer rather than the single player (and they wouldn't course correct with single player DLC until Doom Eternal).

You capitalize off of Lady D and the others with Funko Pops and T-Shirts. Cheaper, easier, and doesn't require you to go about changing your plans.

Who knows, maybe they are planning something--I doubt it, but maybe--if it is something only in response to the Lady D memes, rather than something they've had in the planning since before the game was announced... I don't think it'll be much good.

but also this is how resident evil has remained popular over the years not reusing popular characters enemies just because it would be so easy for capcom to throw MrX back into another game or nemesis both are extremely popular with fans but are in there respective games and that's pretty much it
Lady dimitrescu was in village and she's gone just like the other 2 capcom will move on and create more new unique enemies for the next game while she gets added to the RE lore as an all time great villain of the franchise I'm sure

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
but also this is how resident evil has remained popular over the years not reusing popular characters enemies just because it would be so easy for capcom to throw MrX back into another game or nemesis both are extremely popular with fans but are in there respective games and that's pretty much it
Lady dimitrescu was in village and she's gone just like the other 2 capcom will move on and create more new unique enemies for the next game while she gets added to the RE lore as an all time great villain of the franchise I'm sure
Prequel ;)

There is always room for more.

I agree 100% with you though.

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
Prequel ;)

There is always room for more.

I agree 100% with you though.
Thing is though what else could they do with her more stalking sections is pretty much it I felt they did pretty much all they could for the character she got a whole section dedicated to her with a bunch of cutscenes and even extended family mini bosses then a pretty big god of war style boss fight haha I thought she was used brilliantly by not overstaying her welcome the castle is arguably the biggest "level" in village out of the 4 lords

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't really used Sniper at all in Mercenaries. What makes it particularly good or useful, outside of the Village section where there are long range enemies? Most of the fighting in Mercenaries is pretty close-range. The Sniper's low rate of fire doesn't seem to make it very good for all the close-range encounters with a lot of enemies.

I mainly use the shotgun but to keep chains alive sometime it helps to have a long range.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
LMAO I played the entire game spoiler free and was spoiled in the last minute by the voice cast for Adult Rose
Great game, I really liked
That scene where Chris killed Mia was so clear BS, of course Chris would never kill the good guys

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly I highly doubt any single player DLC for Village. 10 days after release and you don't even have a smidge of a rumor about it. Is what is. I've played Village 4 times and have had fun with it. My mind is quickly going to Outrage. Feel we will be waiting until September for the reveal though
Resident Evil 7 had 3 DLC. Why they would not do DLC to a more successful release (banking even more money)?? Financially does not make any sense.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Resident Evil 7 had 3 DLC. Why they would not do DLC to a more successful release (banking even more money)?? Financially does not make any sense.
I mean there has been 0 mention of any DLC, and it's heavily rumored we are getting a brand new game in the next 10 months or so. While there is absolutely room for single player story DLC, I doubt it at this point. RE2R-RE3R had huge opportunity for it, but it just seems like Capcom either isn't interested or they want to hop full bore into their next projects.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
Their pipeline is already full.

I mean there has been 0 mention of any DLC, and it's heavily rumored we are getting a brand new game in the next 10 months or so. While there is absolutely room for single player story DLC, I doubt it at this point. RE2R-RE3R had huge opportunity for it, but it just seems like Capcom either isn't interested or they want to hop full bore into their next projects.

However, the engine is done, it would not take too much resources to add single player DLCs. most of the hard work is already done IMHO. monster design, main story, etc.. Just add an extra DLC focusing on how Chris did at the village (very beginning) and be done with it.

Truckondo

Oct 25, 2017
Garden Grove, CA
LMAO I played the entire game spoiler free and was spoiled in the last minute by the voice cast for Adult Rose
Great game, I really liked
That scene where Chris killed Mia was so clear BS, of course Chris would never kill the good guys

Same here. I was like, "where was adult Rose?" Seems like something they could have hid with just a "Rose" credit or change the credits after a play through.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
The agent in the final scene with Rose is so weird. First he mocks her, then when she threatens him he's just like, "It's just a joke bro!" And then suddenly he's talking about Ethan as if he knew him and letting Rose off the hook for threatening him?

Anyway, can't wait for this to lead into the DMC crossover we've all been waiting for starring the half-BOW BOW-slayer.

Edit: Oh my god it's Parasite Eve. Capcom is making Parasite Eve starring the RE universe's Heather Mason. You can't restrain the hype now. It's too late.
What I don't get is that Rose was like "Sorry I forgot last week [your birthday?] you know how busy it is with class and stuff"
and then the agent is like "Yeah I found her, of course she's here today". But wasn't she there a week or so after his birthday?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know a good spot to complete the OVERKILL challenge in Mercenaries? You are supposed to deal over 10,000 damage in a single attack. Presumably you would have to clutter up a ton of enemies around an exploding barrel or mine or pipe bomb.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know a good spot to complete the OVERKILL challenge in Mercenaries? You are supposed to deal over 10,000 damage in a single attack. Presumably you would have to clutter up a ton of enemies around an exploding barrel or mine or pipe bomb.

Maybe try to lead a bunch of enemies to the exploding barrel in stage 2 near the end?

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
na is can be done there pipeline was full too when RE7 came out because re2,re3,dmc all followed in quick succession of RE7

DMC isn't part of the RE pipeline, though? Different dev team. And REVII was 2017. 2R and DMC5 were 2019, 3R was 2020, Village was 2021. REVII to 2R was the biggest gap between releases of all the RE Engine games.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I could've sworn sworn that re2 had dlc

Wut? What's up with the whole 'the father's story is over' then?
People are reading way too much into asset reuse

Last edited:

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
If Ethan comes back I fully expect it to just be like, his ghost copied into the fungus hivemind that only Rose can see or something.

Of course, that would require Capcom to actually show his face in-game.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Again, it's probably a symbolic thing like his spirit or something.

Not that he actually survived.

Well, if he is mold then his mind just got reconnected with the hivemind when he died, and then he rebuilded his body again. I feel it's like Swamp Thing: the Green (the mold, in this case) makes a backup of his mind and creates a new creature with it, that thinks it's Alec Holland (Ethan). I hope this becomes a plot device in the next game: Ethan discovers he's just mold and not really Ethan and goes insane.

I think in the mold case it's really their consciousness that's being backuped, so it should really be Ethan, but I love Swamp Thing so I needed to make this comparison. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda want to bring this up in the spoiler thread, but I am sick of Chris.

Man has had 4 mainline RE games in a row and a movie, and he has zero consistency except for one thing.

5 - He is traumatized because Jill "died" and is initially distant from Sheva but becomes close over the course of the game and sees that Jill is alive

6- He has PTSD based amnesia where he forgets who he is because his squad gets killed and eventually comes to terms with it, but Piers dies

Vendetta- Chris joins a strike team to hunt Glen Arias, and most of them get killed. It also has this weird scene where Chris trying to be human tries to discuss Breaking Bad with his squad

7- He is now working with "Blue Umbrella" and Lucas kills most of his squad

8- He is now working with Hound Wolf Squad who act like they are long time friends of Chris (but this is literally their first appearance ever). He doesn't tell Ethan anything about whats going on, and people in his squad keep going "should have told them"

Asides from his squad's constantly dying Chris just jumps around constantly regarding his characterization. The literal only thing he has is that he punched a boulder that one time.

Yasai

Dec 23, 2017
So about that jacket. Trying to explain to myself why capcom chose to make that cutscene with Ethan's hand attaching back on together with part of the jacket, what if that jacket was an extension of him? Like, maybe he woke up in the snow in the woods in the middle of the night and created it somehow before even opening his eyes?

Or did Chris' team put him into a jacket first before shoving him into the van?

The jacket having made it out of the village makes me think if there isn't more going on with it

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I like when that hound wolf member is like "when did we last fight together, the desert?" lol. like they couldn't just pick a place, it's just a generic desert.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah I forgot about that guy walking up on the car lol. Ghost of Ethan Winters DLC when?

Oct 25, 2017
lol. like many others have said it was a huge missed opportunity to not have sheva, jill, etc be part of that squad.

100%

Capcom keeps giving Chris all these partners, then just getting rid of them.

Jill, Rebecca, Jessica, Sheva, Piers, etc

He keeps getting random soldiers who just exist to get offed. Hell Hound Wolf Squad aren't even these guys

C9EGjghXkAAa_uL.jpg

They like breaking bad, and also did the equivalent of 5 9/11's.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This game had some daggers hidden in the script lol

Heisenberg: "Too bad I'm your only fan."

Other RE protagonists:
bef01a42e98cf3349094bbe6de4c5536.jpg

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
lol. like many others have said it was a huge missed opportunity to not have sheva, jill, etc be part of that squad.

The way to do it was to have it be Chris Redfield, voiced by Jeff Schine, teaming with Carlos Oliveira, voiced by Jeff Schine, and Barry Burton, recast to be voiced by Jeff Schine, and Leon S. Kennedy, who has laryngitis and is voiced by Jeff Schine.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Again, it's probably a symbolic thing like his spirit or something.

Not that he actually survived.

what's really strange though is that the car actually stops??

Man, this game made me actually want more of Ethan and Rose. I really hope they continue their story, I haven't been this invested in RE characters since...RE4 Leon I guess but that was mainly due to teenage thirst ngl