• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
This was insane looking imo. Blows RE7 out of the water in terms of lighting and texture work. Really impressive.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
Wow that looks amazing!!! However, I don't recognize RE anymore, last one I played was 4 and I didn't play many more before that. The story was already a hard to follow mess back then, how enjoyable do we think this will be as a stand alone? Am I supposed to know who that Ethan Winters guy is or the dude in the end, for example?

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Wow that looks amazing!!! However, I don't recognize RE anymore, last one I played was 4 and I didn't play many more before that. The story was already a hard to follow mess back then, how enjoyable do we think this will be as a stand alone? Am I supposed to know who that Ethan Winters guy is or the dude in the end, for example?
You're going to want to play REVII, this is a direct sequel.

Play Resident Evil 7

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Nice looking demo. Performance needs work. I noticed stuttering throughout and very bad in the main hallway. The camera also does this annoying thing when you stop moving where it jumps back or forward a bit. The camera combined with the judder made it feel very bad to play.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
While some parts looked better than others, overall I'm pleased the graphics in the demo. The Roccoco room and hallway are particularly attractive, and the HDR works pretty well for candle-lit environments.

Is there any kind of dodge mechanics?

Other than sprinting by clicking L3 and crouching by clicking R3 there aren't many things you can do. The demo is basically a walking simulator.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Demo was really good but no VR makes it way less scary than RE7.

Also the game needs a performance mode without RT to get locked 60fps.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the demo. It was nice and spooky.
"I'm watching you" stopped me right in my tracks lol.

For some reason the thought of fighting vampires in RE has me really excited. I didn't know I would want vampires in my RE.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nice looking demo. Performance needs work. I noticed stuttering throughout and very bad in the main hallway. The camera also does this annoying thing when you stop moving where it jumps back or forward a bit. The camera combined with the judder made it feel very bad to play.

Yes I was wondering what the hell was going on with the camera. It was giving me motion sickness.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
I hope the pc version isn't AMD sponsered.... The last few capcom games were. Fingers crossed for DLSS support.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
Idk what's the deal with these horror fps games where the camera is delayed or the mandatory flashlight keeps swinging after you stop moving.
This shit is damn annoying!

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
The map is encouraging. Especially considering that I loved the first third of 7 but really didn't like the rest.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything in the demo that isn't the puzzle elements?

I saw:

blood stained tea glass
Letter giving you hints
Letter from a castle employee
Necklace
Note that said livestock drugs or whatever
Clothes in the fire
Letter about wine
Did I miss anything?

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Is there any kind of dodge mechanics?

I can't understand why anyone at Capcom thinks blocking a chainsaw with your hands in RE7 or repeatedly doing 180s and firing a handful of bullets is a better alternative than a short distance, non-spammable dodge that would address all of these issues.

RE2/RE3, 3 in particular, proved a game can be both tense and active. Your character doesn't have to be an idiot tethered to the ground.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't understand why anyone at Capcom thinks blocking a chainsaw with your hands in RE7 or repeatedly doing 180s and firing a handful of bullets is a better alternative than a short distance, non-spammable dodge that would address all of these issues.

RE2/RE3, 3 in particular, proved a game can be both tense and active. Your character doesn't have to be an idiot tethered to the ground.

Watching the gameplay footage it does not look fun to me having to constantly backpedal away from a horse of enemies.

Say what you will about RE6 but the dodge mechanics were awesome.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
I'm sad this demo isn't on PS4...

I probably won't be able to get a PS5 till the end of this year. UUUGGHH

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm the demo they showed felt very underwhelming to me, nothing stood out in terms of graphics or gameplay, and highlighting a blocking feature where you cover your face which takes up the entire screen? Nah, man.
The blocking feature looked bad and something I feel going to become an annoying mechanic in the game.

But they showed just a small part, and this is just my impression of that. Could still be good in the end, of course.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Hmm the demo they showed felt very underwhelming to me, nothing stood out in terms of graphics or gameplay, and highlighting a blocking feature where you cover your face which takes up the entire screen? Nah, man.
The blocking feature looked bad and something I feel going to become an annoying mechanic in the game.

But they showed just a small part, and this is just my impression of that. Could still be good in the end, of course.

Well, technically it's no part. It isn't going to be a part of the main game at all lol. It's just meant to show off the visuals or something.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
The demo looks good but there's definitely some frame issues. It's not constant but when I got to the main hall and the room before the courtyard there was some bad hitches.

It did make me want to finally check out RE7 though

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
I loved the lighting in the demo with HDR on considering I played on a cheap Samsung. Just wonder how it looks on a better tv.