• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I guess they solved any problem they supposedly had with the Ps5 version of the game considering they're willing to release an exclusive demo for that platform right now?
Or they just have to honor their marketing exclusivity deal with Sony regardless of the performance the game has on their new console?
I imagine Sony wouldn't like to have a demo on their system running like ass so I will bet they fixed whatever they needed to fix at least for this demo.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
RE Engine is currently not running well on PS5/Series X, so I don't expect it to actually run/look much worse on PS4/Xbone than what we've already seen so far anyway.

Do you have proof?

Because this looked a lot better than RE7 did, the inside of the Castle, the interior and decorations, there is much more detail. The gameplay running on PS5 looked fine. Where is your claim coming from? RE Engine is looking great on PS5/Series X. It will only develop better as the gen goes on.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I really liked all the little side things they added to RE7 like Beginning Hour and how they kept expanding the demo. I played the heck out of all the "lost tapes" too.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Looks like they equipped Cloacked beasts from Old Yharnam with a sword.

Also, couldn't tell if the game ran at 60 fps in the showcase. Some sequences looked "slow".

Oct 28, 2017
This game looks great, I'm happy it's coming out sooner than I thought. Not having the demo on all systems is lame though.

Appears a lot of discussion is just going to be handwringing over the last gen versions being made, as expected of this site.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
That looks awesome. I do have to say tho I am pretty salty the demo is timed exclusives to a console that even if I wanted to buy , I couldn't:D

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing about timed demos is it's not like people can just rush out to buy a PS5 to play your demo. Disappointing it at least doesn't seem to be on PS4, either...

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the graphics look far better in this than RE7 did idk what people are talking about saying this looks like RE7. Also Capcom character models continue to impress.

Cross-gen is a bummer, but not wholly unexpected

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Yo, it's crossgen? Nice.

I'm a huge coward when it comes to horror, but I'm kinda tempted to give this one a try instead just watching a Let's Play. Gonna have to wait for impressions after launch, though.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
If everybody gave out their release dates and info we would all be in a better place. Even with covid, they revealed the game in June and then 7 months later give the release date which is 4 months away. That's 11 months from reveal to release.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
CAPCOM
200.gif

PLEASE

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Well, PS4 version is nice since I can put off the next-gen purchase for a bit longer assuming it runs well (and we'll have demos to check before release). That being said I should be able to justify a PS5 by May anyway (finding one might be a different story, though).

Cool trailer, though. Interesting that Chris doesn't really factor in to what we saw today. I'm guessing the castle is the second area of the game too based on the dialogue. So we'll be going Village, Castle again. Maybe there'll be another Island at the end? Or yet another cruise ship. :P

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Cross gen is sad, gonna be some cuts because of that, but i get why, no one has a PS5 at the moment.

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Very excited about the "Maiden" demo coming today.

I just searched in the PS5 Store, in the Mobile App, and in my desktop browser...don't see the demo anywhere or the ability to pre-order Village. Their sites seem to be getting slammed too.

I know someone on this site will let us know when it's available!

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll play the demo on PS5 I guess, but I'm still gonna be buying it on PC, so idk what the purpose of it being exclusive is.

Billdrew

Apr 8, 2019
One thing I'm not really sold on is how all the characters talk about Ethan.
They're like 'let's see what you're really made of ETHAN WINTERS' and 'my sisters just couldn't HANDLE Ethan Winters!' Like he's some famous super soldier. But the whole point of him in RE7 was that he's just a normal guy in a fucked up situation, and that's what made it cool. It would make much more sense to me if we were playing as an established character rather than Ethan...

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
They're like 'let's see what you're really made of ETHAN WINTERS' and 'my sisters just couldn't HANDLE Ethan Winters!' Like he's some famous super soldier. But the whole point of him in RE7 was that he's just a normal guy in a fucked up situation, and that's what made it cool. It would make much more sense to me if we were playing as an established character rather than Ethan...

Everyone in RE is relatively normal until they aren't. After everything that happened in RE7, he ain't normal anymore.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like a cross between RE4 and RE7 in terns of atmosphere, which were my two favorite RE games by far.

If they actually release this for PSVR, I guess I'll have to buy the game twice - unless they provide a cross-gen combo pack, which they hopefully will.
RE7 (and the standalone demos for it) was something else in VR, to say the least.

Oct 27, 2017

Simply surviving the events of RE7 is substantial enough to give him some reputation.

Surviving Raccoon City was typically enough for everyone else. Leon went from his first day on the job to rescuing the Presidents daughter..

Shiryu

Sep 6, 2019
The game is really bland and boring, capcom is recycling the same ideas from previous entries without innovation, the combat looks trash.

Even the graphics are underwhelming pretty much like RE7.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
The gameplay looked great. The RE4 inventory system got me excited. The characters look really damn good.