• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this opening section on hardcore is so fucking stupid- I am running all over the fucking town and not triggering anything

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Default settings other than setting the white balance to Warm2.

I ticked the brightness up on the red/white/blue bar page probably 3 clicks to the right of center.

Enjoy! I'm hyped. My 3080 and 77" C9 are ready.
That's a surprise! Nice to know HDR and everything still look great on mostly default. Thanks for answering

Sep 21, 2019
Will this definitely unlock at 8pm EST tonight with VPN?

Just need to go to New Zealand?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw countdown timer! 8pm with VPN it is!!!

Last edited:

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Just finished the castle, still has that lovely Resident Evil way of presenting a labyrinthine area but gently guiding you through it, picking up the items you need to go back to the start and progress, but still allowing for plenty of exploration. The stalker enemy thing had me a bit concerned before I played it, but really enjoyed how it was handled in the castle.

I loved 7, but this definitely feels like more of a classic Resi in first person to me.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Game is really hard on hardcore. You can't stun wolves except with block pushes and headshots and even then it's not like a knee stun. Effectively scary but I think I'm going to dial it back to standard for now.

Can I play this early if I change my xbox region?
Yeah I switched to Hong Kong and I'm playing.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Just got my steam key and have it in my library. When does it unlock? I can't even pre-load it :/

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I haven't really played 7 or 8, but in 7 how does Ethan survive getting his hand chopped off, then is able to connect his amputated arm again, and now in this his fingers get bitten off? Is there a supernatural explanation, that Ethan isn't really human?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The opening is fuckin ridiculous in hardcore, what I'm supposed to do to progress there?
I'm right there with you- terrible design. this opening section is harder than anything I've encountered in returnal.... you need to runaround and survive until some cutscene triggers but it seems impossible
Are you using block/parry?

I haven't really played 7 or 8, but in 7 how does Ethan survive getting his hand chopped off, then is able to connect his amputated arm again, and now in this his fingers get bitten off? Is there a supernatural explanation, that Ethan isn't really human?
Infected with the same mould as the Bakers. Gives them regenerative properties. At least, I think... not seen what happens in 8 yet... I seem to remember this was an assumption in 7.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I've basically been watching Bawkbasoup play through the whole game while waiting for it to unlock. I'm too weak... spoiled all of it for myself.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Please tell me in not the only one who never remembers you are able to block and made it out of the opening with around zero ammo left lol

Oct 27, 2017
I am impressed with anyone who is able to beat the opening on hardcore- sekiro genichrio level hard. And stupidly unfair. Very bad job capcom

Apr 3, 2020
I'm right there with you- terrible design. this opening section is harder than anything I've encountered in returnal.... you need to runaround and survive until some cutscene triggers but it seems impossible
Do you have an idea what triggers the event? It seem going over the roof trigger an event, and checking the big door if it's open makes Ethan comment and game set an objective.

Are you using block/parry?

It doesn't help when you get beaten from every direction, also it seem there's a weird bug where you get hits from behind the wall/door without a hit reaction lol

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I am impressed with anyone who is able to beat the opening on hardcore- sekiro genichrio level hard. And stupidly unfair. Very bad job capcom

I was toying with the idea of my first playthrough being Hardcore, but this just sold me. Now I want to experience the pain. Cannot wait for tomorrow!!

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
It is explained in RE7. Basically he got "infected" by the villain and can take some serious damage.

Literally an optional scene in the beginning of RE7 where your leg gets chopped off and Ethan just puts it back together with a little bit of first aid.
There is a story reason in 7. In 8? Idk haven't played it 😭
Words can't express how much I love seeing Ethan take five hatchets to the chest and then pour some antibacterial liquid on his hand.

Seriously, I love it

Thanks! Just so funny when he loses half his hand or gets dragged off by meat hooks in his legs and then throws on some bandages or splashes some herb liquid and calls it a day.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Right, which lovely locale can I visit to play this game right now?

edit: Singapore is nice

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Do you have an idea what triggers the event? It seem going over the roof trigger an event, and checking the big door if it's open makes Ethan comment and game set an objective.

It doesn't help when you get beaten from every direction, also it seem there's a weird bug where you get hits from behind the wall/door without a hit reaction lol
I think it like seems like it kills you but actually triggers a scene. It's fucking stupid

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
bafe892fd2c12cf48a30e2f9e23552d3.gif

come on steam let me preload already, nearly 10am here and I got most of the day off

Oct 30, 2017
Taking my sweet time exploring, 3 and a half hours so far.

I just finished
The Castle Area.

This is Resident Evil alright, the tense is roof high and I had some jump scares here and there.

Feeling really nervous playing lol, the team did a brilliant job making the atmosphere putting the player on the edge most of the time.

The combat is feeling great and the game overall is very solid.. already MUCH better than the last three main numbered entries ( 5,6,7 ).

This feels like the direct sequel to what the franchise should have been since after RE4.

I want to continue playing but seriously needs a little break because again... IT'S SO TENSE XD

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
I apologize if this has been answered but what's up with Re Verse? I thought it was delayed but the pre order pre installed on my PS5. Is it just going to be inaccessible?

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
wow at the poll, i guess this is really an enthusiast forum.
everyone is on nextgen already.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I'm stuck after the second major non-village area. Just got the
legs, put them in the thing, found the four legged werewolf, but I have no idea where the thing for the mechanical door is. I've cleared almost everywhere I can access on the map and can't find it

GMM

Oct 27, 2017

I have played this section several times now as I'm replaying the game and getting unlocks, I'm very certain it's time based and you have to just survive for a couple of minutes, i haven't had any issues with this part.