• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PeterThePanda

Jun 10, 2020
Spain
They really are going for the European Modern Age look, I love it.

Also, one of those hairy motherfuckers is Chris and you can't tell me otherwise

Feb 29, 2020
what 80s movie is this?

OMG he lives!
It's looking sooooooooooooooooooo good.

www.relyonhorror.com

New Resident Evil 8: Village Screenshots and Developer Update

Get our first official peak at Resident Evil 8 since September! Get hype with three brand new screenshots and a new developer update!

EpSNwE1VEAIjDB_-e1608052746939.jpg

EpSNwE1VgAAfLRK-e1608053480909.jpg

EpSNwE1VEAErtuM-e1608053963965.jpg

Probably one of the most atmospheric games i've ever seen.

Hmm he's alive

gwildor.jpg

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
My main take away is they have 100% updated his model since the 2nd trailer trailer (the "Hammer Man"), the new version looks great.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
This game is going to be amazing. The only bummer is that we haven't heard anything about VR (so it clearly isn't happening).

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are we expecting this in Spring or next Fall? I'm so damn excited.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If you told me these were screenshots for Bloodborne 2 I would believe you.

I'm still excited for the game though, it looks good.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Hopefully werewolves aren't the only fucking enemies in the game like the molded in 7. Given how they gutted re2 and 3 remakes really don't have much hope for whatever they're doing with this franchise tho

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
are you sure they did?

the article states at the end it's possibly coming to PS4/X1

(Edit: and the article was written today)
Yeah during the TGS presentation they said something in the lines of "We will try but no promises". That sounds like a nicer way to say nope if you ask me. Huge install base they would skip though 100m+ for Playstation and 50m+ for Xbox.

Oct 25, 2017
Beasts all over the shop. That one gif of Ethan running and jumping on rooftops also heavily reminded me of Souls level design.

Already loved RE7, liked it a lot more than 2 Remake to be honest, really looking forward to this.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully werewolves aren't the only fucking enemies in the game like the molded in 7. Given how they gutted re2 and 3 remakes really don't have much hope for whatever they're doing with this franchise tho
All I'm gonna' say is you don't have to worry about that. Well for one there's already been a second enemy shown in the first trailer of the game.

Resident-Evil-Village-Bugs.jpg

But they've been holding back showing a lot of the game.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Nobody cared about Spiders and Crows when the original's came out. Nobody.

Not to mention Remake 2 is one of the best selling and one of the highest rated games in the franchise. So I doubt Capcom cares either.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Nobody cared about Spiders and Crows when the original's came out. Nobody.

Not to mention Remake 2 is one of the best selling and one of the highest rated games in the franchise. So I doubt Capcom cares either.
Just because I was disappointed by something doesn't mean you or the public at large have to be! 3 was the far worse offender with nemesis being ruined among many other things but that's for another thread lol.

And good to know about the potential monster variety in 7.

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
Are my eyes playing tricks one me or does Hairy Man have 5 fingers and a thumb on one hand and the other 3 fingers and a thumb? Impressively unsettling small detail.

This is shaping up to be the most interesting RE in ages.