• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
It's looking sooooooooooooooooooo good.

www.relyonhorror.com

New Resident Evil 8: Village Screenshots and Developer Update

Get our first official peak at Resident Evil 8 since September! Get hype with three brand new screenshots and a new developer update!

EpSNwE1VEAIjDB_-e1608052746939.jpg
teenwolfdad.jpg

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
RE7 was so frustrating. Terrific early game atmosphere and bosses, but the most repetitive, one-note combat against boring-looking enemies for the rest of the game.

I just want them to add a RE3/Revelations-style dodge. Combat felt so fucking plodding I tried to replay 7 and bounced off almost immediately. Games can be scary even if your character is allowed to move faster than a glacier. A dodge makes more sense than a block anyway given your character is fighting giant fucking monsters.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a mainline RE title, so of course it's going to do very well. No reason to expect otherwise
No, I don't mean sales-wise. And it's not just PR talk. Generally, when devs feel less confident about their game, they don't show that much. REV has been constantly shown, and always demonstrating their vision. It shows confidence.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
God damn. I loved RE7 but one disappointment, or me, were the basic enemies being so non frightening. Even at a first playthrough the molded weren't shit. The enemies we're seeing for RE8 look fucking awesome in comparison, really scary.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really hope a demo is coming within the next couple of months.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I really hope it's a better game then RE7, where the empty house and silly chase sections (+ not readable bosses) made quite a mediocre mix. Maybe it will be more in line with RE2 Remake in terms of quality, too bad that it won't be available on PSVR :/

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I hope is good. RE7 was my GOTY in 2017. I am not 100 percent convinced with this new direction. This looks like another game with RE8 slapped on top of it.

BigDaddyCool

Nov 29, 2020
I wish I could be more excited for this, but for me the last great RE game was 4. RE2 remake was fine but I strongly prefer the original.

Oh well. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
this gonna be goooood, hopefully it launches in April like the leak suggests

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
It's a bit off topic, and I'm really not trying to concern troll, but did we ever get a update from Dusk Golem on PS5 development in general for RE8?

It seemed like Capcom was having issues, according to Dusk. Then again, none of the differences between multiplats came to fruition, contrary to what Dusk was saying, the PS5 is currently performing slightly better and all multiplats are basically identical.

Have those issues been resolved at Capcom, Dusk? I really want this game to run well in general.

I also hope they don't compromise too much, now that they're trying to get the game to run on last gen consoles as well...

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
This is what i picture bloodborne would look like on the ps5 with a remake. I looks fantastic.

zer0_X

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 23, 2020
I'm surprised as how Re7 was divisive (going through the comments here, at least), as I have loved that game - and I also guess I'm not alone, as they are repeating Ethan as the main character

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I'm fucking hyped. I dig folk horror and gothic horror so much in my old age and doing a RE in that setting is so fucking good.

Edit: Jesus Christ, I guess I'll be staying out of these threads. Another "Logan is ripping off Last of Us" vibe. I guess Bloodborne started gothic/folk/cosmic horror.