• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
Do we know if Mia and Ethan have the same voice actors? Capcom hasn't exactly been the most consistent on these, people already saying Chris isn't the RE7 actor.

Both of them sound the same to me. The moment I heard Mia I knew it was RE and Ethan's voice either is the same or they got someone who sounds just like the OG VA... so yeah, those are the same VAs.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Do we know if Mia and Ethan have the same voice actors? Capcom hasn't exactly been the most consistent on these, people already saying Chris isn't the RE7 actor.
Pretty sure they're the same from what I heard if the opening part of the demo was any indication. There was more dialogue and small talk between them during that segment. Sounded just like their RE7 counterparts.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Has enough time even passed for her to already be grown up?
She should be 19 to 20 in RE8.
But the women in the trailer look a bit older then that imo, when you see her up-close she's seems to have quite a few wrinkles ?

True, but we could be dealing with more "Mold" in this equation, and that could play a part in why she looks quite a bit older. Look at how much it screwed up the Bakers. Lucas was supposed to be only 25 years old, yet looked like somebody in his 40s!

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Weird thought, but I hope this game gets a theme song like RE7 did.

That "Go Tell Aunt Rhody" cover slapped.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
I love what i'm seeing from the game but I agree some parts of the trailer didn't look great, probably different builds. I think the year of development they have left will whip it into excellent shape though.

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Am I crazy or did it look worse than RE7? The visuals were all over the place.
Yes you are, it looked awesome, one of the best games in that presentation and definitely the more realistic looking.
Also Capcom has been doing everything right after RE7, they could have released this game on PS4 and XB1 too selling way more copies and no one would have complained, but they went next-gen and PC only to make the game look as good as possible

formatnone

Oct 31, 2017
Lithuania
dang, i don't like werewolves, i hope it's not the main enemy in the game, and i hope it's more survival horror than action. Other than that, looks cool.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
the visuals in the trailer are weird. first half looks re7 like (current gen) and all the stuff in tha mansion/castle looks much better. also the "witches" look fantastic compared to the old man.

if dusks infos are correct, the game is probably undergoing a graphical upgrade right now, because of the nextgen only switch. and since japan has no home-office culture, work on the game probably stopped for 4-8 weeks. and sony demanded all footage at the conference to run on ps5. maybe the struggled with that.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

The visuals are a good step up. I don't know how you can come away thinking it looked worse than 7. Hell is hand alone shows all of the extra details.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I think the game lacks that PBR/photogrammetry look of RE7 - at least parts of the trailer. It still looks great, but overall aesthetic is a bit more "traditional".

Dec 26, 2017
Firelink Shrine
Yes you are, it looked awesome, one of the best games in that presentation and definitely the more realistic looking.
Also Capcom has been doing everything right after RE7, they could have released this game on PS4 and XB1 too selling way more copies and no one would have complained, but they went next-gen and PC only to make the game look as good as possible
this is definitely an objective take, no bias what so ever. I'd argue that they botched the RE3 Remake. It was missing content and they charged $60 for a 5-8 hour campaign.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm super excited! (and finally can log-in to my account again so I can express that).

There's so much I want to say, but I'm going to try to summarize a bit of what I've been tweeting recently here for the thread.

-This game was pitched as RE8 originally, but got shifted to a sideline game, but it turned out excellent and internal testers & people within the company realized they had something really special here, so they turned it back into a mainline title. The game is fully playable (and has been for a few months), but they've been overhauling the graphics (still a work-in-progress), focus testing and collecting feedback from RE fans with the ambassador test to make it the best it can be. It's a very interesting thing.

-The trailer 100% includes footage of older builds of the game, placeholders (from the older version of the game that hasn't been overhauled yet), etc, it was a very "not final" trailer.

-I've personally heard this game will be longer than RE7/RE2/RE3. I don't know by how much, but part of what they wanted to do with this game's direction is what many suspect (RE7 meets RE4 with its own stronger gothic flavor and what I hear is actually a interesting original story). They wanted to respond to most of RE7's criticisms, which includes enemy variety, more exploration and segments like the Baker House, and a better last third and a bit more meat to the game. The trailer here actually showed very little of the game, they purposefully avoided showing a LOT.

-All the spoilers floating around the internet currently about the deeper story are fake. The game was never third-person in development (it was always first-person), the girls name is not Emily and she's not looking for her father, the details in the supposed bigger leaks are bullshit, so you can know the game isn't actually spoiled for anyone right now.

I know there's a lot more I want to say, but how I'll start off. I'm 100% on-board with this direction and feel this game nailed the aesthetic they're going for!

Xavisavi

Jun 6, 2020
I'm super excited! (and finally can log-in to my account again so I can express that).

There's so much I want to say, but I'm going to try to summarize a bit of what I've been tweeting recently here for the thread.

-This game was pitched as RE8 originally, but got shifted to a sideline game, but it turned out excellent and internal testers & people within the company realized they had something really special here, so they turned it back into a mainline title. The game is fully playable (and has been for a few months), but they've been overhauling the graphics (still a work-in-progress), focus testing and collecting feedback from RE fans with the ambassador test to make it the best it can be. It's a very interesting thing.

-The trailer 100% includes footage of older builds of the game, placeholders (from the older version of the game that hasn't been overhauled yet), etc, it was a very "not final" trailer.

-I've personally heard this game will be longer than RE7/RE2/RE3. I don't know by how much, but part of what they wanted to do with this game's direction is what many suspect (RE7 meets RE4 with its own stronger gothic flavor and what I hear is actually a interesting original story). They wanted to respond to most of RE7's criticisms, which includes enemy variety, more exploration and segments like the Baker House, and a better last third and a bit more meat to the game. The trailer here actually showed very little of the game, they purposefully avoided showing a LOT.

-All the spoilers floating around the internet currently about the deeper story are fake. The game was never third-person in development (it was always first-person), the girls name is not Emily and she's not looking for her father, the details in the supposed bigger leaks are bullshit, so you can know the game isn't actually spoiled for anyone right now.

I know there's a lot more I want to say, but how I'll start off. I'm 100% on-board with this direction and feel this game nailed the aesthetic they're going for!

Do you know if its confirmed to have VR implementation?

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Do you know if its confirmed to have VR implementation?
I can say this now: It 100% had VR, but I won't claim it does for now. For the record, 100% the game was cross-gen just a few months ago. I know for a fact there was a PS4 version and it was playable on PS4. But at the moment it looks like they dropped that, and I got word they decided to focus on next-gen while in the overhaul process (to make the game as pretty as they want and not have to worry about being held-back by last-gen tech in the process).

While I heavily doubt they'd remove VR from the game (Especially as PS5 supports PSVR headsets from this gen), I suspect they'll announce if it is or isn't and the date they're aiming for next August.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
They wanted to respond to most of RE7's criticisms, which includes enemy variety, more exploration and segments like the Baker House, and a better last third and a bit more meat to the game. The trailer here actually showed very little of the game, they purposefully avoided showing a LOT.
Aaaaand I'm even more sold!

Good to hear that I haven't spoiled myself on the whole game as well!

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
What's up with his account?
I was hit with bad luck and my phone and computer both died at near the same time. I have replacements now, but in the process I lost my access to Google Authenticator & Back-Up Codes, which locked me out of a few things. ResetEra was one as I have two-step authentication enabled on it, but I knew I'd be able to get it back once I got a few things sorted. The biggest loss is my Discord account, which I'm in the process of deleting my old account, then starting a new account with the same email (I have a verified server for games I make that has hundreds of people in it, so the process has taken longer due to transferring ownership of that account, which has a few weird clauses like the old account owner needs to have not logged in for 30 days).

Anyways, long story short I can log into Era account again now.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I was hit with bad luck and my phone and computer both died at near the same time. I have replacements now, but in the process I lost my access to Google Authenticator & Back-Up Codes, which locked me out of a few things. ResetEra was one as I have two-step authentication enabled on it, but I knew I'd be able to get it back once I got a few things sorted. The biggest loss is my Discord account, which I'm in the process of deleting my old account, then starting a new account with the same email (I have a verified server for games I make that has hundreds of people in it, so the process has taken longer due to transferring ownership of that account, which has a few weird clauses like the old account owner needs to have not logged in for 30 days).

Anyways, long story short I can log into Era account again now.

Holy fucking shit that is awful. Glad to have you back and are getting it straightened out for the most part though. I started using 2FA on everything lately and this has been a major fear for me lol.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they end up showing Ethan in cutscenes in this one. I think the fact we never saw his face or him in cutscenes really did most of the damage to his perception in terms of people not liking him. They seemed to learn from that mistake for Not a Hero and End of Zoe, so it's really weird that they're seemingly going back on that and not showing him off more.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I've personally heard this game will be longer than RE7/RE2/RE3. I don't know by how much, but part of what they wanted to do with this game's direction is what many suspect (RE7 meets RE4 with its own stronger gothic flavor and what I hear is actually a interesting original story). They wanted to respond to most of RE7's criticisms, which includes enemy variety, more exploration and segments like the Baker House, and a better last third and a bit more meat to the game.
This is especially great to hear, thanks for posting.

It's just a shame they had to bring Ethan and Mia back again. Would've preferred a brand new protagonist for this setting, being that Ethan and Mia's story felt over and done with. I'm happy to eat some crow if they end up making them compelling, however.

Any idea about multiplayer? After Mercenaries omission in favor of Resistance, my hopes of quality RE MP are at rock bottom, but I'm still curious.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
haha wow, just as I posted that Dusk comes back online.

damn.

well, nice to have you back.

I'm glad to be back!

Holy fucking shit that is awful. Glad to have you back and are getting it straightened out for the most part though. I started using 2FA on everything lately and this has been a major fear for me lol.
Well if it's any constellation, I can tell you most places I use at least have a pretty good account recovery system. A few I needed to wait a bit for, but I've gotten nearly everything back (I was a bit worried about my Google (YouTube, Gmail) and Steam accounts, but both were easy to get back with some personal stuff I had on hand).

I have learned Discord actually can't recover your account, so if you can't log-in you're screwed. So my suggestion there specifically is to make sure you write down your back-up codes somewhere.

I really hope they end up showing Ethan in cutscenes in this one. I think the fact we never saw his face or him in cutscenes really did most of the damage to his perception in terms of people not liking him. They seemed to learn from that mistake for Not a Hero and End of Zoe, so it's really weird that they're seemingly going back on that and not showing him off more.

I don't specifically know for cutscenes (I haven't seen the game fully in action or anything), but at the start of the game when you're in Ethan's house they have family portraits in it where you definitely see his face, plus Ethan is not the only playable character in this game, so I'm confident they're not going to be as secretive about it this time.

This is especially great to hear, thanks for posting.

It's just a shame they had to bring Ethan and Mia back again. Would've preferred a brand new protagonist for this setting, being that Ethan and Mia's story felt over and done with. I'm happy to eat some crow if they end up making them compelling, however.

Any idea about multiplayer? After Mercenaries omission in favor of Resistance, my hopes of quality RE MP are at rock bottom, but I'm still curious.

No multiplayer as far as I know. Maybe they'll attach Resistance or something to it so it's not forever locked to RE3 specifically, but even if that were true that'd be a separate download/game and all of that.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't specifically know for cutscenes (I haven't seen the game fully in action or anything), but at the start of the game when you're in Ethan's house they have family portraits in it where you definitely see his face, plus Ethan is not the only playable character in this game, so I'm confident they're not going to be as secretive about it this time.

Nice, that's reassuring lol. I recall someone in here who playtested the game saying that you see him in portraits which is cool. I think at this point hiding his face really doesn't add anything to him so I'm glad Capcom seem to be moving away from that.

btw quick question about playable characters; Was there a rumour about three playable characters? We know Ethan and not-Emily are playable but I imagine if there's a third it'd be Chris, right? Or did I just imagine a third playable character rumour lol.